Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation 10:01 - Feb 5 with 1821 viewsNthQldITFC

If you have any firm opinions on if or why we have been suffering a lot of long-term injuries, pick up to five numbers from below, most important first. If you are strongly convinced by one of the reasons, you can repeat it in your set of up to five. e.g. 2,2,2,7,1

1. Inadequate medical staff
2. The club is cursed
3. Returning players training or playing too soon
4. Unsuitable recruitment of injury-prone players
5. Players feeling pressure to play or train
6. Inadequate training regimes
7. Bad luck
8. Injured players playing on in games
9. No worse than average here

Personally, I haven't a scooby doo, so I'm not responding to myself! But it's clear that many on here have decent information and or pertinent experience. I'm fully aware that this will be heavily biased but would still be interested to see what the balance of our opinions is.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:04 - Feb 5 with 1801 viewsmonty_radio

1 -1 - 4- 4- 3

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:05 - Feb 5 with 1785 viewsStokieBlue

10. Alien abduction.

Pretty sure this explains it all. Prove me wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:06 - Feb 5 with 1773 viewsEwan_Oozami

1-1-3-4-6

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:06 - Feb 5 with 1774 viewschicoazul

Everything apart from 2. No idea on 9 I suppose either.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:23 - Feb 5 with 1747 viewsEdmundo

1-3-6-5-2
Let's face it, everything at ITFC is done on the cheap these days (except Lambert's contract).
The backroom is L1, and that was before we were relegated. Poor conditioning has to be questioned here, along with lack of investment: we are on a run of games unprecedented in modern times in terms of frequency, yet the club refuses to pay for a cryogenic therapy chamber for recovery, has no plan for this at all as far as I can see.
Then there's the recruitment: not exactly "Moneyball"...
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 10:25]

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:24 - Feb 5 with 1746 viewsArnieM

I’ve said countless times, that this Clubs injuries are not a fluke, not a bad luck and are changeable with a scientific, “ evidenced based approach “ to the strength and conditions and rehabilitation approach to management of elite athletes.

This so called professional football club is I suggest light years off this approach. The owner needs to once again look seriously into exactly what systems and protocols it uses in the management and welfare of its players.

1)Look at what decent clubs do .
2) Compare their systems to our own.
3) Do we use an EBP approach . If not why not?
4) Is the strengthen & conditioning methods use at this Club in keeping with the latest EB approaches. If not , why not?
5) Is the rehabilitation and treatment approaches used at this Club EB? If not , why not ?
6) Do the coaches/ trainers have the required qualifications. If ni5 why not?
7) Does the medical staff, ( doctors, physiotherapists) have the required LEVEL of qualification do deal with the elite athlete ? If not, why ?
8) What are the extrinsic factors involved with a players injury? Surface training on , playing on . Is it up to the restored standard?
9) Is the equipment being used up to the required standards for elite athletes?
10) What is the pattern of injuries, frequency, body areas affected, situations when injury was sustained?

A thorough audit is required, AGAIN, in order to identify the intrinsic and extrinsic factors involved in this clubs continuing injury crisis, which occur not just this season but every season.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 10:24]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:25 - Feb 5 with 1737 viewsmonty_radio

Pehaps the club might be able to supply a few more solid reasons such as:

Players' health affected by anxiety at fans repeatedly banging on about two up front

Players affected by the immorality of playing on at the moment

Fans unsupportive in refusing to come to the stadium at the moment

Too large a squad creating player anxiety about losing place in the side

Not having a large enough squad so that players have to be hurried back

Knobbly bits of mud at Playford Road

Knobbly bits of Hobnob not yet swept up in press area a trip hazard

Knobbly bits of Hobnob not yet swept up because of government furlough policy

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:26 - Feb 5 with 1733 viewsSteve_M

Evans cutting everything except player wages to the bone. Look at who we employ, what we pay, and how overstretched those key people who are broadly competent are.

Some suggestion that the pitch isn't helping with muscle injuries and also that our fitness coach is currently back in Scotland having fallen out with the manger.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:27 - Feb 5 with 1722 viewsEdmundo

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:24 - Feb 5 by ArnieM

I’ve said countless times, that this Clubs injuries are not a fluke, not a bad luck and are changeable with a scientific, “ evidenced based approach “ to the strength and conditions and rehabilitation approach to management of elite athletes.

This so called professional football club is I suggest light years off this approach. The owner needs to once again look seriously into exactly what systems and protocols it uses in the management and welfare of its players.

1)Look at what decent clubs do .
2) Compare their systems to our own.
3) Do we use an EBP approach . If not why not?
4) Is the strengthen & conditioning methods use at this Club in keeping with the latest EB approaches. If not , why not?
5) Is the rehabilitation and treatment approaches used at this Club EB? If not , why not ?
6) Do the coaches/ trainers have the required qualifications. If ni5 why not?
7) Does the medical staff, ( doctors, physiotherapists) have the required LEVEL of qualification do deal with the elite athlete ? If not, why ?
8) What are the extrinsic factors involved with a players injury? Surface training on , playing on . Is it up to the restored standard?
9) Is the equipment being used up to the required standards for elite athletes?
10) What is the pattern of injuries, frequency, body areas affected, situations when injury was sustained?

A thorough audit is required, AGAIN, in order to identify the intrinsic and extrinsic factors involved in this clubs continuing injury crisis, which occur not just this season but every season.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 10:24]

You should put your CV in: seriously, you could cut out the dead wood and get a plan together with these points...

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:28 - Feb 5 with 1718 viewsBent_double

It's obvious, just about everything that could go wrong for us in the last 20 years, has gone wrong, whereas that lot up the road have made seemingly bizarre decisions that have worked perfectly for them.

Cursed by a budgie.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:33 - Feb 5 with 1705 viewsFixed_It

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:06 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

I think 2 is actually the most likely tbh!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:35 - Feb 5 with 1704 viewsSwansea_Blue

We don't seem to be particularly risk averse when we sign players. A number now have been signed while injured (not that uncommon in fairness) or having suffered very serious injuries. We just had it again with Harrop - serious injury, check; no football in the last year, check.

That may be normal way of going about things, or maybe it's because our pool of options is getting smaller by the year. I don't know. It leaves us vulnerable though. The likes of Huws and Judge are shadows of the players they were.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:37 - Feb 5 with 1697 viewsBluespeed225

They train at Issi Mandlebaums’ fitness museum. ‘I can lift anything over my head! Ooh, my back. Mandlebaum, Mandlebaum’!....
Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:40 - Feb 5 with 1690 viewsfooters

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:06 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

Ah, but that is where you are wrong. The grounds on which Portman and Playboy Roads stand are both ancient Indian burial grounds. Their leader, Chief Sitting Jim, cursed the club forever more after his demise.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:47 - Feb 5 with 1676 viewsgordon

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:26 - Feb 5 by Steve_M

Evans cutting everything except player wages to the bone. Look at who we employ, what we pay, and how overstretched those key people who are broadly competent are.

Some suggestion that the pitch isn't helping with muscle injuries and also that our fitness coach is currently back in Scotland having fallen out with the manger.

It's bizarre though, because Vincent-Young and Bishop for example are easily £5 million pound players if they had a full season without injuries, so a couple of senior medical professionals on £100,000 per year (for example) to oversee things, reporting to proper director of football would easily be worth it, even in purely financial terms.

For me these kind of problems stem from no clear lines of responsibility within an organisation - the manager just seems to be able make all sorts of decisions he isn't qualified to make, pretty much with impunity.
Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:50 - Feb 5 with 1665 viewsEwan_Oozami

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:47 - Feb 5 by gordon

It's bizarre though, because Vincent-Young and Bishop for example are easily £5 million pound players if they had a full season without injuries, so a couple of senior medical professionals on £100,000 per year (for example) to oversee things, reporting to proper director of football would easily be worth it, even in purely financial terms.

For me these kind of problems stem from no clear lines of responsibility within an organisation - the manager just seems to be able make all sorts of decisions he isn't qualified to make, pretty much with impunity.

And Evans doesn't seem to realise just how those bad decisions affect the club and him financially...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 12:01 - Feb 5 with 1623 viewsGeoffSentence

The injury situation has not always been thus, though has been going on for some years now. I have been trying to think back to when we really started getting these long term, never ending, recurring injuries. Just can't pin it down.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 12:04 - Feb 5 with 1613 viewsxrayspecs

Was told by a former player that the set up at Town is poor when compared to other clubs.
Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 12:22 - Feb 5 with 1587 viewsSteve_M

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:47 - Feb 5 by gordon

See also the way not having a footballing structure has lead to a massive churn of players between managers and a spell in the third division.

Half-arsed. it's the Evans way.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 12:25 - Feb 5 with 1577 viewsgordon

The other thing is that it's one of the medical staff's main jobs to ensure that when players are coming back from injury, their body is well balanced and conditioned, to prevent other injuries occurring straight away. But his happens all the time at ITFC and the club just seems to shrug it's shoulders.
Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 12:45 - Feb 5 with 1552 viewsSouperJim

I think it's a little of everything, but I'd put it down to psychology more than anything else. Who wants to be fit and play for IT "going nowhere" FC? See David McGoldrick.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 13:24 - Feb 5 with 1529 viewsArnieM

Totally unscientific survey of opinions on ITFC injury situation on 10:27 - Feb 5 by Edmundo

You should put your CV in: seriously, you could cut out the dead wood and get a plan together with these points...

I will admit I am a clinician....it beggars belief what is potentially going on ( or not going on ) at this Club.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024