Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated 17:48 - Feb 8 with 2035 viewsgainsboroughblue

That really, is quite a remarkable feat considering how long we thought it would be until a vaccine could be created, trialled and then approved.

If this pandemic has proved anything beyond all doubt, our scientists and people who work for NHS are worth every penny and plenty more that they earn.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:24 - Feb 8 with 1941 viewsBlueBadger

I've just written to my MP and said that not only should we all have a payrise but we should have a new windfall tax to pay for it.

I'm calling it the 'leopard face bite charge' or, the 'thicko tax'. Basically, if you voted Tory or 'leave' in the last decade, you pay it. If you voted for them more than once, you pay it more than once.

I figure £350.52 per vote should do it.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 21:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:37 - Feb 8 with 1909 viewsBlueBadger

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:24 - Feb 8 by BlueBadger

I've just written to my MP and said that not only should we all have a payrise but we should have a new windfall tax to pay for it.

I'm calling it the 'leopard face bite charge' or, the 'thicko tax'. Basically, if you voted Tory or 'leave' in the last decade, you pay it. If you voted for them more than once, you pay it more than once.

Why the downvoting Paz? You lot are supposed to be dead keen on people taking personal responsibility for their actions. Your votes made my job harder, so it's time to own that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:45 - Feb 8 with 1876 viewsCoastalblue

I know you're being tongue in cheek, mostly anyway, but actually I think there's something to be said for something along those lines.

I bet if they offered a ring fenced 1p in the pound voluntary contribution to front line workers, to run for 12 months, a lot of people would agree to that.

In fact if I were on tw4tbook I might even start a campaign, force all those that hit the 'like' button to contribute.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:48 - Feb 8 with 1858 viewsBlueBadger

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:45 - Feb 8 by Coastalblue

I know you're being tongue in cheek, mostly anyway, but actually I think there's something to be said for something along those lines.

I bet if they offered a ring fenced 1p in the pound voluntary contribution to front line workers, to run for 12 months, a lot of people would agree to that.

In fact if I were on tw4tbook I might even start a campaign, force all those that hit the 'like' button to contribute.

No way should it be voluntary. It should totally be targeting the c**nts who are already avoiding paying their share.

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:49 - Feb 8 with 1858 viewsJ2BLUE

Most people supported the 1p in the pound tax increase if it went to the NHS. They didn't implement it. Now we'll likely see a tax increase to pay for the spending. Lots of it was crucial but some of it is a joke. The amount of self employed people I know who kept working and took the grant as some sort of free bonus is amazing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FFS..... on 21:52 - Feb 8 with 1838 viewsBloots

....you got the clap didn't you?

Stop being so needy.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:53 - Feb 8 with 1831 viewsCoastalblue

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:49 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

Most people supported the 1p in the pound tax increase if it went to the NHS. They didn't implement it. Now we'll likely see a tax increase to pay for the spending. Lots of it was crucial but some of it is a joke. The amount of self employed people I know who kept working and took the grant as some sort of free bonus is amazing.

Well I was self employed and got feck all, though I take your point and yes I'd like to see them stung for it too.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:58 - Feb 8 with 1806 viewsgazzer1999

Blimey Badge, are you declaring war on the red wall?
Login to get fewer ads

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 22:03 - Feb 8 with 1797 viewsBlueBadger

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:58 - Feb 8 by gazzer1999

No, I'm declaring a war on thickos - it clearly targets the well-off thickos more, because they're persistent offenders.

Plus, if they're so keen on voting for Personal Responsibility, they can bloody well take some.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 22:04]

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 22:08 - Feb 8 with 1777 viewsChurchman

Indeed they are. But don’t forget all the people behind the scenes that helped make this happen - see the Kate Bingham Republicca article.

Its a real national effort.
One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 22:24 - Feb 8 with 1746 viewsJ2BLUE

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:53 - Feb 8 by Coastalblue

Well I was self employed and got feck all, though I take your point and yes I'd like to see them stung for it too.

Yea some who genuinely needed it got nothing like you and others worked all the way through it and have taken it anyway. It's a joke.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 10:20 - Feb 9 with 1617 viewsBlueLikeJazz

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 21:58 - Feb 8 by gazzer1999

- 'declaring war'
+ 'pointing out that actions have consequences'
One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 10:26 - Feb 9 with 1593 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You mean they've had one jab don't you? I think very few have had both and are thus vaccinated?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 10:28 - Feb 9 with 1588 viewslambchoppywaters

It’s a convenient argument that the NHS and everything and everyone associated with it deserve plaudits and wage hikes but the reality is altogether different. The wastage and inefficiency around much of what it does is shocking.
The vaccination rollout is an emotional target for obvious reasons.
One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 10:34 - Feb 9 with 1562 viewstractorboy1978

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 22:24 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

Yea some who genuinely needed it got nothing like you and others worked all the way through it and have taken it anyway. It's a joke.

I know a couple of people that were working throughout but probably at 75% of their usual business - the options available to them were basically 'all or nothing' and they took the all option, so benefited. I'd imagine that's not in any way rare.
One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 10:55 - Feb 9 with 1513 viewsElephantintheRoom

vaccinated or offered the vaccine? They seem a tad concerned that the people who need it most - ie the isolated, vulnerable and immobile 70+s are not rushing out to their nearest vaccination centre that they cant get to..

And the real point is how many of those vaccinated people are in fact protected. Only time will show that

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 11:05 - Feb 9 with 1495 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ahem - The UK is quite possibly the worst in the world at protecting its citizens against Covid - hence the non-stop vaccine hysteria to help you forget 120,000? deaths

Yes the government should shoulder a lot of the blame - but the NHS has been incompetent too - the decision to send covid-laden geriatrics out of hospital into society and care homes should not have been possible if doctors believed in ther hypocritical oath - and the white elephant PR stunts of the Nightingale hospitals could and should have been prevented too..

The real reason the UK is a death trap for covid, cancer et al is that the NHS has been vastly and chronically underfunded for decades because people prefer tax cuts.... a one off tax to put a fionger in the leaking bucket now is a bit like clapping - completely pointless, though like pissing your pants it probably gives you a warm feeling for a while.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 11:20 - Feb 9 with 1481 viewsbluelagos

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 11:05 - Feb 9 by ElephantintheRoom

Ahem - The UK is quite possibly the worst in the world at protecting its citizens against Covid - hence the non-stop vaccine hysteria to help you forget 120,000? deaths

Yes the government should shoulder a lot of the blame - but the NHS has been incompetent too - the decision to send covid-laden geriatrics out of hospital into society and care homes should not have been possible if doctors believed in ther hypocritical oath - and the white elephant PR stunts of the Nightingale hospitals could and should have been prevented too..

The real reason the UK is a death trap for covid, cancer et al is that the NHS has been vastly and chronically underfunded for decades because people prefer tax cuts.... a one off tax to put a fionger in the leaking bucket now is a bit like clapping - completely pointless, though like pissing your pants it probably gives you a warm feeling for a while.

The decision to send people from hospitals into care homes (Without testing them for CV first) is clearly one that will need to be looked at in detail, lessons learned etc. A decision that clearly had catastrophic unseen consequences. No argument.

To criticise the people who followed through on that decision, rather than those who made it, seems extremely unfair to me.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 12:07 - Feb 9 with 1433 viewsChurchman

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 11:20 - Feb 9 by bluelagos

The decision to send people from hospitals into care homes (Without testing them for CV first) is clearly one that will need to be looked at in detail, lessons learned etc. A decision that clearly had catastrophic unseen consequences. No argument.

To criticise the people who followed through on that decision, rather than those who made it, seems extremely unfair to me.

I can see from the NHS point of view how it happened. I think how budgets operate and how NHS and social care link together in particular was a big factor and needs overhauling.

When my mother was moved from Ipswich hospital to her care home, the social worker changed, everything changed. Seamless and joined up it wasn’t. Nor was it when she was ill for the final time. NHS and Local Authority = different pots of money.

Across central and local govt it’s the same. Money will be held back then spent at years end. Some departments have flat screens, the works, others not enough to pay for anything. It encourages rubbish decisions to be made as departments protect their areas and It’s all a bit ‘feast/famine, silo mentality and not joined up.

Social care and NHS needs massively reforming.
One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 14:44 - Feb 9 with 1358 viewsBlueBadger

One in Four adults in UK have been vaccinated on 10:28 - Feb 9 by lambchoppywaters

It’s a convenient argument that the NHS and everything and everyone associated with it deserve plaudits and wage hikes but the reality is altogether different. The wastage and inefficiency around much of what it does is shocking.
The vaccination rollout is an emotional target for obvious reasons.

A huge chunk of the wastage and inefficiency largely centres around the bits reformed by the government to include more private sector involvement and the administration of contracts therein, though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024