Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail 08:58 - Feb 9 with 2218 viewsGeoffSentence

What are the team logistics for a game like tonight's? Do the players all go on the team coach together? What time would they have to leave, especially given the potential vaguaries of the weather. When they they get there do they have a nice comfortable hotel or something to mooch around in for an hour or two? Or is it straight into the dressing room at the away end?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:00 - Feb 9 with 2202 viewsHerbivore

Pretty sure they're taking two coaches to games to maintain social distancing (which strikes me as odd govme they train and play together, but there we go). As for the rest of it I have no idea. Ordinarily Peterborough would be near enough to travel on the day and aim to get there an hour and a half to two hours before kick off, but the weather is definitely a complicating factor.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:05 - Feb 9 with 2157 viewsbluelagos

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:00 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

Pretty sure they're taking two coaches to games to maintain social distancing (which strikes me as odd govme they train and play together, but there we go). As for the rest of it I have no idea. Ordinarily Peterborough would be near enough to travel on the day and aim to get there an hour and a half to two hours before kick off, but the weather is definitely a complicating factor.

Peterborough is quite a way inland, here in Suffolk we are close to a foot of snow now, load more overnight...

Max minus 2 yesterday.

Be very impressed if they can get the game on.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:06 - Feb 9 with 2151 viewsipswich78

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:00 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

A bus is more enclosed than the environment they train / play in (except for the changing rooms but they should be bigger than a bus!).

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:08 - Feb 9 with 2137 viewsitfcjoe

Two buses - first XI tend to go on the posh bus and the rest get stuck on a 53 seater Beestons which isn't the most popular decision for the longer trips!

With the weather they'd presumably look to leave a bit earlier than normal today - would guess they'd have a light training session, bit of lunch then head up after

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:11 - Feb 9 with 2104 viewsGeoffSentence

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:08 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

Two buses - first XI tend to go on the posh bus and the rest get stuck on a 53 seater Beestons which isn't the most popular decision for the longer trips!

With the weather they'd presumably look to leave a bit earlier than normal today - would guess they'd have a light training session, bit of lunch then head up after

Whats the deal when they get to the away ground? Pop into a coffee shop for some caffine, a croissant and a comfortable chat? Or do they have to find the bloke with the keys nd get straight into the dressing room then out on the pitch for a spot more training?

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:12 - Feb 9 with 2113 viewsPendejo

Before being furloughed I worked for a sub-company of Addison Lee who have contracts with a few Premier League clubs.

One London club was booking a fleet of AL MPVs to ferry players and staff to / from away games. 2 players or 3 staff in each vehicle. This would have been early March last year just before the world fell apart.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:19 - Feb 9 with 2053 viewsMattinLondon

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:08 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

That seems quite odd that the first XI get to lord it up whilst the others don’t.
Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:20 - Feb 9 with 2053 viewsMattinLondon

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:11 - Feb 9 by GeoffSentence

Whats the deal when they get to the away ground? Pop into a coffee shop for some caffine, a croissant and a comfortable chat? Or do they have to find the bloke with the keys nd get straight into the dressing room then out on the pitch for a spot more training?

They pop into a service station Costa and if the admin staff forget the loyalty card then PL gets very angry.
Login to get fewer ads

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:24 - Feb 9 with 2026 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:06 - Feb 9 by ipswich78

A bus is more enclosed than the environment they train / play in (except for the changing rooms but they should be bigger than a bus!).

Plus training and playing is outside!

RIP Sir Bobby

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:29 - Feb 9 with 2001 viewsSteve_M

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:11 - Feb 9 by GeoffSentence

In Peterborough they often go and look for Subway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:41 - Feb 9 with 1936 viewsFixed_It

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:24 - Feb 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Thanks for bringing much-needed depth to this discussion!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:46 - Feb 9 with 1920 viewsSitfcB

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:24 - Feb 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Training would’ve been inside yesterday and today

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 10:00 - Feb 9 with 1877 viewsGeoffSentence

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:12 - Feb 9 by Pendejo

Before being furloughed I worked for a sub-company of Addison Lee who have contracts with a few Premier League clubs.

One London club was booking a fleet of AL MPVs to ferry players and staff to / from away games. 2 players or 3 staff in each vehicle. This would have been early March last year just before the world fell apart.

Interesting, I reckon that would be the champagne Charlies at Chelsea. Defo can't see ME doing that.

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 10:03 - Feb 9 with 1848 viewsGuthrum

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 10:00 - Feb 9 by GeoffSentence

Interesting, I reckon that would be the champagne Charlies at Chelsea. Defo can't see ME doing that.

Hire a Mini and see if he can fit the whole team in it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 10:11 - Feb 9 with 1827 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 09:41 - Feb 9 by Fixed_It

Thanks for bringing much-needed depth to this discussion!

Its a good point!

RIP Sir Bobby

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 10:13 - Feb 9 with 1820 viewsMattinLondon

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 10:03 - Feb 9 by Guthrum

Hire a Mini and see if he can fit the whole team in it.

And have a round of ‘paper, scissors, stone’ to sort out the driving.
Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 10:17 - Feb 9 with 1804 viewsSitfcB

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 10:00 - Feb 9 by GeoffSentence

I think it was Crystal Palace.

COYB

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 14:24 - Feb 9 with 1582 viewsSitfcB

Just seen the buses on their way on the A14 at Risby.

COYB

COYB

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 14:29 - Feb 9 with 1567 viewsGeoffSentence

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 14:24 - Feb 9 by SitfcB

COYB

Excellent, so they will probably be at Peterborough by 15:30 which gives them about 4 hours to kick their heels. What do they do with all that time?

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 17:43 - Feb 9 with 1496 viewsGeoffSentence

Just out of interest, and to get into some dull detail on 14:24 - Feb 9 by SitfcB

COYB

Just arrived

Took a while to get there from Risby, must have stopped off at service station en-route.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024