Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PFA win arbitration on salary Cap 14:39 - Feb 9 with 2372 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Big positive for us!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:39 - Feb 9 with 1755 viewsOsborneOneNil

Sweet. No need to go up this year then.
PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:41 - Feb 9 with 1734 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/february/efl-statement-pfa-arbitration/

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:41 - Feb 9 with 1729 viewstractordownsouth

Hopefully we'll be able to get Gwion on a new deal then. Bluefish will be delighted!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:41 - Feb 9 with 1720 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:41 - Feb 9 by tractordownsouth

Hopefully we'll be able to get Gwion on a new deal then. Bluefish will be delighted!

Time to give Huws another 3 years!

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:43 - Feb 9 with 1693 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Disappointed to hear that if its true.

I think overall the salary cap is good for lower league football.

Its a shame our management made such a f**k up the the advantage that we did have.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:46 - Feb 9 with 1666 viewsElderGrizzly

I'd assume there will still be controls, just not these controls.
PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:46 - Feb 9 with 1663 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:43 - Feb 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Disappointed to hear that if its true.

I think overall the salary cap is good for lower league football.

Its a shame our management made such a f**k up the the advantage that we did have.

Disagree, a more detailed linking of turnover to salary expenditure would be more prudent or alternatively a cap on losses linked to salary expenditure.

It will stop clubs trading salaries at over 100% of their turnover whilst also giving the benefit of clubs with larger incomes the ability to spend it.

There is a problem throughout the sport for excessive losses but a one rule fits all style of capping salary is not the answer.

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:49 - Feb 9 with 1626 viewshatch

Great news for us personally to put less reliance on this season but agree that a more sensible model is required to come in.

I think it needs to be across all leagues as it's very messy having a cap in Leagues 1 and 2 but not higher up - just widens the divide and possibly increases the number of players willing to sit on Championship benches rather than play regularly in League One.
Login to get fewer ads

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:49 - Feb 9 with 1627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:46 - Feb 9 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Disagree, a more detailed linking of turnover to salary expenditure would be more prudent or alternatively a cap on losses linked to salary expenditure.

It will stop clubs trading salaries at over 100% of their turnover whilst also giving the benefit of clubs with larger incomes the ability to spend it.

There is a problem throughout the sport for excessive losses but a one rule fits all style of capping salary is not the answer.

I don't mind a more level playing field.

Turnover linked I don't mind though.... although would have been problematic this season. However the cap should really be c.60% of t/o.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:49 - Feb 9 with 1624 viewstractorboy1978

i.e what was already in place in L1/L2.
PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:51 - Feb 9 with 1588 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:49 - Feb 9 by tractorboy1978

i.e what was already in place in L1/L2.

Needs to be enforced properly.

Seem to recall a similar mechanism in the champ that clubs bypassed.

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:53 - Feb 9 with 1577 viewsSomethingBlue

We can expect some sort of curb on our activity in the near future, I would think, but this is the right decision. The caps were overly drastic and imposed in a panic. Back to the drawing board hopefully for something more workable.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:53 - Feb 9 with 1563 viewstractorboy1978

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:51 - Feb 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was enforced.
PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:54 - Feb 9 with 1543 viewsRadlett_blue

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:49 - Feb 9 by hatch

Great news for us personally to put less reliance on this season but agree that a more sensible model is required to come in.

I think it needs to be across all leagues as it's very messy having a cap in Leagues 1 and 2 but not higher up - just widens the divide and possibly increases the number of players willing to sit on Championship benches rather than play regularly in League One.

The FL has tried to control spending in the Championship, but this was ignored by many clubs on the grounds that if they were promoted to the PL, then the FL couldn't touch them until they were relegated. Many Championship owners wanted to be able to spend recklessly, as otherwise they thought they couldn't compete with the parachute clubs. The 3 relegated clubs are all in the top 6.
Near impossible to have a salary cap system which is fair to all while promotion & relegation exists between leagues with totally different incomes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:54 - Feb 9 with 1535 viewsElderGrizzly

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:51 - Feb 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

It needs to be as close to real time as possible, not after the event.

And any punishments need to include non-promotion if you break the rules.

A scheme based on turnover is the fairest scheme for all clubs. But that turnover must be 'genuine', not a Derby County special.

Football has never been about equality of finances and it shouldn't be now. It's why the salary cap as it stood was always likely to fail under a court ruling one day.
PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:55 - Feb 9 with 1525 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:53 - Feb 9 by tractorboy1978

It was enforced.

Good to hear, I couldn't recall any cases of clubs being punished for exceeding it in L1 or L2?

Maybe none did.

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:55 - Feb 9 with 1513 viewsjayessess

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:53 - Feb 9 by SomethingBlue

We can expect some sort of curb on our activity in the near future, I would think, but this is the right decision. The caps were overly drastic and imposed in a panic. Back to the drawing board hopefully for something more workable.

I dunno, in a wider perspective I think the idea of general divisional salary caps is quite attractive. You all get the same budget, the best run club gets a go at the division above.
Feels meritocratic.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:56 - Feb 9 with 1510 viewsIpswichKnight

Bet we now keep all that deadwood that is out of contract now and they’ll all be after big fat juicy contracts as that mug Evans will be handing them out like confetti.
PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:58 - Feb 9 with 1476 viewsSomethingBlue

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:55 - Feb 9 by jayessess

I dunno, in a wider perspective I think the idea of general divisional salary caps is quite attractive. You all get the same budget, the best run club gets a go at the division above.
Feels meritocratic.

Sure, doesn't work though when the rest of football (sadly) doesn't operate like that. Need new measures that are applicable to a club's individual position rather than the blanket arrangement that's just been overturned.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:59 - Feb 9 with 1469 viewsitfcjoe

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:53 - Feb 9 by SomethingBlue

Rushed in, mid season - with ill thought out caps on squad sizes etc

Was never workable for the clubs coming down, plus means that smaller clubs could still get themselves in a world of trouble at the rates

Something will change, but it needs to be done in conjunction with all the stakeholders involved and properly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 15:00 - Feb 9 with 1449 viewsitfcjoe

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:54 - Feb 9 by ElderGrizzly

It needs to be as close to real time as possible, not after the event.

And any punishments need to include non-promotion if you break the rules.

A scheme based on turnover is the fairest scheme for all clubs. But that turnover must be 'genuine', not a Derby County special.

Football has never been about equality of finances and it shouldn't be now. It's why the salary cap as it stood was always likely to fail under a court ruling one day.

L1 and L2 - i.e. the SCMP were done in real time. The league wouldn't let you register contracts without proof of evidence that your cup run (as an e.g.) had brought in enough money to increase turnover etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 15:03 - Feb 9 with 1431 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Spare a thought for Phil.

He gets a club interview, and it becomes obsolete almost as soon as it was posted!!

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 15:03 - Feb 9 with 1414 viewsBLUEBEAT

They weren’t going to fail. The cap was illegal.

Poll: W or W

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 15:04 - Feb 9 with 1398 viewsbournemouthblue

Doesn't League One already have a rule where you can only spend 60% of Turnover?

I believe it's 75% for recently relegated sides

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 15:06 - Feb 9 with 1369 viewstractorboy1978

PFA win arbitration on salary Cap on 14:55 - Feb 9 by jayessess

Feels meritocratic.

That type of American system isn't appropriate in a competition with relegation/promotion.

Realistically, at this level you have such a disparity in club sizes. You have the likes of us and Sunderland that are effectively top half Championship clubs in all but on-pitch performance competing with teams like Accrington who are effectively non-league clubs that have over performed.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 15:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024