Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holy 20:19 - Feb 9 with 2412 viewsPortman_Pie

Really is crap isn’t he. Same as Cornell.

When the new manager takes over next season it’s a priority.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Holy on 20:20 - Feb 9 with 2050 viewsTractorWood

That Ward Holy long ball was unwatchable.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Holy on 20:32 - Feb 9 with 1943 viewsshefki86

Have thought this for a while

Poll: How do we all see it after today?

Holy on 20:39 - Feb 9 with 1886 viewsgainsboroughblue

From what I've listened to tonight, he's prevented a massacre.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Holy on 20:40 - Feb 9 with 1882 viewschrismakin

Keeping us in the game though

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Holy on 20:44 - Feb 9 with 1846 viewsPortman_Pie

Holy on 20:39 - Feb 9 by gainsboroughblue

Yeah.... listening to the radio from an Ipswich commentary perspective is golden vs watching all out games this season.
Holy on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 1832 viewsgainsboroughblue

Holy on 20:44 - Feb 9 by Portman_Pie

Yeah.... listening to the radio from an Ipswich commentary perspective is golden vs watching all out games this season.

So when they keep saying 'And Holy saves,' it hasn't actually happened? I have no opinion one way or the other on Holy. Just reporting what's been relayed to me.

Holy on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 1785 viewsPortman_Pie

Holy on 20:45 - Feb 9 by gainsboroughblue

So when they keep saying 'And Holy saves,' it hasn't actually happened? I have no opinion one way or the other on Holy. Just reporting what's been relayed to me.

Close your eyes and listen. What do you see?

He’s been crap not just tonight - but much the time he’s been here... (if you’ve watched any of our games).
Holy on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1771 viewshatch

Oh he’s not great but tonight is one of his better games from a shot stopping perspective, which says a lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Holy on 20:54 - Feb 9 with 1756 viewsgainsboroughblue

Holy on 20:50 - Feb 9 by Portman_Pie

Close your eyes and listen. What do you see?

He’s been crap not just tonight - but much the time he’s been here... (if you’ve watched any of our games).

I'm not doubting you. Just sounds like he has made a few saves to keep the score down (and potentially someone in a job longer).

Holy on 22:13 - Feb 9 with 1684 viewsfactual_blue

Would you mind editing this post and putting it in the football section?

Many thanks

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Holy on 22:22 - Feb 9 with 1629 viewsPique

He did OK tonight. He made some good saves - but that’s never really been his problem. The problem with Holy has always been that he doesn’t command his box and isn’t good enough on crosses.

Which, when you consider the size of the bloke, is extraordinary.
Holy on 22:26 - Feb 9 with 1609 viewsLowie

He's rubbish, as is Cornell.

They say you get what you pay for....say no more!

How we miss Bart.
Holy on 22:30 - Feb 9 with 1587 viewsPortman_Pie

Holy on 20:54 - Feb 9 by gainsboroughblue

I'm not doubting you. Just sounds like he has made a few saves to keep the score down (and potentially someone in a job longer).

See that’s the problem. Holly’s saves to shots ratio is utterly shocking. Baring in mind over 75% of his games are in league 1 - he’s basically crap.

But then - fraudbert did sign him so he’s bound to be crap.
Holy on 22:32 - Feb 9 with 1579 viewsOhFreddieFreddie

I can’t see how either pryzbek or wright would be a downgrade. Wrights distribution is far superior to either of the senior keepers, albeit he’s not the best all round. Pryzbek probably wouldn’t manage to punch a corner towards his own goal line, what’s to lose
Holy on 22:33 - Feb 9 with 1573 viewsgainsboroughblue

Holy on 22:30 - Feb 9 by Portman_Pie

See that’s the problem. Holly’s saves to shots ratio is utterly shocking. Baring in mind over 75% of his games are in league 1 - he’s basically crap.

But then - fraudbert did sign him so he’s bound to be crap.

To be fair, we probably don't see enough of the opposition keeper in action to compare.

Holy on 22:34 - Feb 9 with 1555 viewspositivity

yet he's man of the match on ratings tonight.

in an ideal world we'd bring in better, but think there are far bigger problems which take priority over the goalkeeper

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Holy on 22:40 - Feb 9 with 1524 viewsnorfsufblue

Holy on 20:39 - Feb 9 by gainsboroughblue

How many times do we concede with him flat footed on the line. Yeah he saved a few tonight but the free kick, guess what flat footed on the line... 2-1 down game over... doesn't matter how matter he stops then... we are never going to retrieve it
Holy on 22:46 - Feb 9 with 1511 viewsgainsboroughblue

Holy on 22:40 - Feb 9 by norfsufblue

How many times do we concede with him flat footed on the line. Yeah he saved a few tonight but the free kick, guess what flat footed on the line... 2-1 down game over... doesn't matter how matter he stops then... we are never going to retrieve it

Yeah. I'm not doubting it. I wasn't making him out to be any good. Just saying that he was keeping the score down when it sounded like Posh could have made the result look far less flattering. I bet Lambert would have surfaced for the press had we somehow managed an equaliser.

Holy on 07:52 - Feb 10 with 1333 viewsSteve_M

Holy on 22:46 - Feb 9 by gainsboroughblue

Yeah. I'm not doubting it. I wasn't making him out to be any good. Just saying that he was keeping the score down when it sounded like Posh could have made the result look far less flattering. I bet Lambert would have surfaced for the press had we somehow managed an equaliser.

Holy made some comfortable saves that looked good, one really decent one from Szmodics and flapped at everything else. He should have done better with both goals in my opinion (didn't even move for the second one) and was lucky not to cost us another two.

He was dreadful, there should be no complaints if Cornell is back in.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Holy on 08:10 - Feb 10 with 1291 viewsBlueySwede

While he does have his flaps and weak moments, I find it very weird that some people are singling Holy out for criticism. He saves us far more than he lets us down.
Holy on 09:09 - Feb 10 with 1226 viewslongtimefan

Holy on 08:10 - Feb 10 by BlueySwede

While he does have his flaps and weak moments, I find it very weird that some people are singling Holy out for criticism. He saves us far more than he lets us down.

I just wish he’d use his biggest asset, his height, and actually dominate his box by coming and dealing with crosses. Too often he is rooted to his line.
Holy on 10:44 - Feb 10 with 1153 viewsfabian_illness

The standard of our keepers has declined since Malcolm Webster left.
I dont think either keeper is especially good or bad, Id even say the ageing Gerkin was better when here and he divided opinion.
Im not sure whether the coaching regime is up to the job, I think JW is sitting comfortably in a job he's probably not up to.
Holy on 10:58 - Feb 10 with 1122 viewsclive_baker

I agree, but we didn't just learn that last night, and I'm not convinced we have any stronger alternatives at the moment to be fair. Its anther example of Lambert's ridiculous mismanagement. He signed Holy who has never looked anything more than very, very average, his kicking is awful and he's very slow to get down. He clearly signed Holy to compete as #1, but then 2 months later he signed Norris on loan, who presumably had similar expectations.

Norris struck me as the superior keeper, and a more than able #1 for us. But Lambert then chopped and changed, and adopted his rotation policy, which is bonkers in that position. The result was you had 2 keepers that didn't appear to know where they stand, neither were playing with any confidence at all, both making mistakes, and a defence who didn't know who would be behind them from one week to the next.

He still hasn't fixed it going into this season. GK is the one area of the pitch where I really don't like having 2 competing players for the spot. The pressure isn't healthy in that area, most successful sides have a clear #1 and an able deputy. Perhaps someone in the Autumn of their career, happy to support.

One of many oversights by Lambert.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Holy on 11:02 - Feb 10 with 1101 viewsMrTown

Tomas Holy, not good enough by MrTown 25 Nov 2020 19:28
Just saying.

Said it back in November. He's garbage.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 11:02]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Holy on 11:10 - Feb 10 with 1072 viewsitfcjoe

Holy on 10:58 - Feb 10 by clive_baker

I agree, but we didn't just learn that last night, and I'm not convinced we have any stronger alternatives at the moment to be fair. Its anther example of Lambert's ridiculous mismanagement. He signed Holy who has never looked anything more than very, very average, his kicking is awful and he's very slow to get down. He clearly signed Holy to compete as #1, but then 2 months later he signed Norris on loan, who presumably had similar expectations.

Norris struck me as the superior keeper, and a more than able #1 for us. But Lambert then chopped and changed, and adopted his rotation policy, which is bonkers in that position. The result was you had 2 keepers that didn't appear to know where they stand, neither were playing with any confidence at all, both making mistakes, and a defence who didn't know who would be behind them from one week to the next.

He still hasn't fixed it going into this season. GK is the one area of the pitch where I really don't like having 2 competing players for the spot. The pressure isn't healthy in that area, most successful sides have a clear #1 and an able deputy. Perhaps someone in the Autumn of their career, happy to support.

One of many oversights by Lambert.

Holy was signed as a number 2, Norris was signed as a number 1. But Holy started the season well so he struggled to drop him, and then Norris didn't play well when he got his chances so we got stuck.

I don't know what Cornell was signed as

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024