Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We didn’t get what we deserved tonight 21:06 - Feb 9 with 680 viewsDarth_Koont

Posh were three or four goals better.

What’s been characteristic of Lambert’s time here has been a general shapelessness. We had little to no width but even through the middle there were huge gaps between defence, midfield and attack.

I feel sorry for the players because they always look as if they’re trying to work out what they’re meant to do and what their teammates are doing.

Ridiculous that we’ve kept throwing players at the problem rather than sorting out our coaches or at least how we set up.

Pronouns: He/Him

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:07 - Feb 9 with 652 viewshomer_123

Stark contrast to Saturday.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:08 - Feb 9 with 615 viewsKropotkin123

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:07 - Feb 9 by homer_123

Surprised so many people were salivating over the Blackpool performance. Seemed very over the top.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:10 - Feb 9 with 566 viewshomer_123

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:08 - Feb 9 by Kropotkin123

Surprised so many people were salivating over the Blackpool performance. Seemed very over the top.

You have to admit....it was miles better than what was dished up tonight.

All the genuine positives that we could have built on from Saturday were thrown out by Lambert before we kicked the ball.

Always going to be tough tonight but why make it so hard for ourselves?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:11 - Feb 9 with 566 viewsGlasgowBlue

It reminds me of watching a kids team. They are all chasing the ball and leaving gaps all over the pitch. No shape and no discipline.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:11 - Feb 9 with 556 viewsstrikalite

But it showed that you put a bit of pace on the flanks you have options and support going forward at least..
We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:12 - Feb 9 with 529 viewsFtnfwest

I don’t know if others feel like this but I honestly can’t discern any difference between how I felt about that performance and thus one. Or at least the final results of each made no impression on me either way. For about the fifth season in a row I’d written it off by Xmas
We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:13 - Feb 9 with 509 viewsRadlett_blue

Another example of how Evans knows nothing about football. Even if you give Lambert a free pass on our relegation season, his ineptitude about building a team & setting it up has been obvious to anyone who watches Town games. Tonight was an extreme example. We go on about how important it is to score first - we do so and then shrink away & let the other team take control.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:16 - Feb 9 with 468 viewsDarth_Koont

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:07 - Feb 9 by homer_123

Indeed. But I wonder if it’s the same mentality. That somehow we think we’re better than the opposition and that pays off against a poor team like Blackpool but we can’t handle top half teams.

It seemed tonight as if we never really tried to match Posh and stop them playing, as if we would somehow click. But we were so far off them in every sense we should have done a lot more to make it difficult.

Not saying we would have won but might have stemmed Posh’s superiority and given them pause for thought. But playing as generally open as that we let them stay in control of everything but the scoreline.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:16 - Feb 9 with 468 viewsKropotkin123

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:10 - Feb 9 by homer_123

You have to admit....it was miles better than what was dished up tonight.

All the genuine positives that we could have built on from Saturday were thrown out by Lambert before we kicked the ball.

Always going to be tough tonight but why make it so hard for ourselves?

Honestly, I didn't watch it. I'm not watching the games given the situation.

It is more a case of one swallow doesn't make a summer, we have a manager who consistently gets less from the team than the sum of its parts and we were up against a team we smashed 4-1 earlier in the season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

We didn’t get what we deserved tonight on 21:16 - Feb 9 with 467 viewsMrTown

A staggering contrast to Saturday.

Simple facts that when we stepped up, we failed again.

A significant gulf is class at the two football clubs right now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024