Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After 40 Years 08:46 - Feb 10 with 956 viewsMetal_Hacker

Changing the team you've supported is not an option EVER in my eyes BUT I have to say I'm the closest I have ever been

I will always love this club but I'm finding this far too painful,depressing and just wrong on every level

There are two things that could ever make this once great club right again

1) Sack PL
2)Evans sells up

There is nothing else that would change the short term going into long term for all concerned - PL ,ME and us "fans"

We're the life and blood of this club .We collectively cheer on our "heroes" and keep going back time after time - we'll be here HOPEFULLY as a fanbase a long time after those two have packed their bags and gone but I am really really struggling to give a toss anymore

Never thought I'd see the day that I feel like turning my back on this once great club I love

Gutted . Truly gutted where we find ourselves

Poll: If it were one or the other

After 40 Years on 09:07 - Feb 10 with 862 viewsN2_Blue

I feel the same way.

I've basically stopped following the game I love. I cannot support ITFC currently, they'll always be my club, and in my heart and i could never ever follow any other club in the same way but until there is a significant change I'm detaching myself from ITFC. It makes me sad but it hurts even more to be part of such a broken and depressing shambles of an outfit.

It's not about sticking with a club through difficult times....this is different. My support would be there even if we were losing every game 6-0 and bottom of the league if the club were showing respect and understanding to the fans, had a strategy and conducted themselves in the right way. Bad form, performances etc happen and fans understand that but ITFC is currently rotten and driving an ever increasing gap between the cub and its support.

It is the contempt showed towards us supporters, the press and that almost every single decision made by the club is a disaster. I just have no desire to be any part of that anymore.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

After 40 Years on 09:09 - Feb 10 with 841 viewsMetal_Hacker

After 40 Years on 09:07 - Feb 10 by N2_Blue

I feel the same way.

I've basically stopped following the game I love. I cannot support ITFC currently, they'll always be my club, and in my heart and i could never ever follow any other club in the same way but until there is a significant change I'm detaching myself from ITFC. It makes me sad but it hurts even more to be part of such a broken and depressing shambles of an outfit.

It's not about sticking with a club through difficult times....this is different. My support would be there even if we were losing every game 6-0 and bottom of the league if the club were showing respect and understanding to the fans, had a strategy and conducted themselves in the right way. Bad form, performances etc happen and fans understand that but ITFC is currently rotten and driving an ever increasing gap between the cub and its support.

It is the contempt showed towards us supporters, the press and that almost every single decision made by the club is a disaster. I just have no desire to be any part of that anymore.

Last paragraph hits the nail on the head -enough said really

After 40 Years on 09:19 - Feb 10 with 791 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'll never stop supporting Ipswich.

But for the short, medium and long term future of the club, I do find myself wanting the club to lose matches, purely in the hope that it will spell the end for Paul Lambert.

I think the relationship between PL and the supporters and local press is beyond repair, even if we get promoted... it would only be a matter of time before it all sours again.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

After 40 Years on 09:21 - Feb 10 with 785 viewsNickITFC

Have to agree with all of the above. I have completely lost interest in ITFC. However, I don't think I could start supporting another team in the same way I used to with ITFC.

I no longer keep an eye on the fixtures nor do I make any conscious effort to watch matches or check for scores after 5pm.

Sad times for ITFC as I imagine there are many feeling like us. This coupled with Covid could quite easily see our attendances drop to similar levels at the end of Mick era.
After 40 Years on 09:22 - Feb 10 with 765 viewsclive_baker

IRONS

I've always liked them...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

After 40 Years on 09:25 - Feb 10 with 740 viewsMetal_Hacker

After 40 Years on 09:22 - Feb 10 by clive_baker

IRONS

I've always liked them...

I'm up in Sheffield and if I wanted to ,I'd struggle to follow as a my "second team" either of the Sheffield clubs

The Blades struggling and Wednesday also a car crash

Think I might start knitting ffs

After 40 Years on 09:33 - Feb 10 with 709 viewsNthQldITFC

If a lot of established fans are even talking in terms of supporting another team, even if that's not really possible for some of us, or turning away from football altogether, I wonder what effect this is having on the 'recruitment' of kids' support to ITFC?

To be honest, I can't really imagine that ANY children will have committed to supporting Ipswich in any meaningful way in the last two years. This must have a significant and long-lasting impact on the club in financial terms. Evans seems to be happy to preside over this along with 'owning' the rotten image of the club on and off the pitch.

It doesn't make any sense from a business perspective to me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

After 40 Years on 09:36 - Feb 10 with 689 viewsDinnernotTea

Ipswich born and raised and massively proud of it. So when the norm comes back I'll be chucking £30+ a month to Ipswich Wanderers. Imagine if a few hundred did the same, would be brilliant to see them climb the leagues similar to Stow.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Login to get fewer ads

After 40 Years on 09:38 - Feb 10 with 683 viewsDinnernotTea

After 40 Years on 09:36 - Feb 10 by DinnernotTea

Ipswich born and raised and massively proud of it. So when the norm comes back I'll be chucking £30+ a month to Ipswich Wanderers. Imagine if a few hundred did the same, would be brilliant to see them climb the leagues similar to Stow.

Only thing that does hurt me is I have 2 boys who would and should follow in supporting Ipswich as they'll be the 4th generation to do so. But how can you get kids hooked on that? It's not fair on them.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

After 40 Years on 09:46 - Feb 10 with 638 viewsThe_Major

After 40 Years on 09:25 - Feb 10 by Metal_Hacker

I'm up in Sheffield and if I wanted to ,I'd struggle to follow as a my "second team" either of the Sheffield clubs

The Blades struggling and Wednesday also a car crash

Think I might start knitting ffs

You think you've got problems?

I live in Norwich.

Might go and cheer on Lowestoft.
After 40 Years on 09:49 - Feb 10 with 607 viewsSomethingBlue

After 40 Years on 09:21 - Feb 10 by NickITFC

Have to agree with all of the above. I have completely lost interest in ITFC. However, I don't think I could start supporting another team in the same way I used to with ITFC.

I no longer keep an eye on the fixtures nor do I make any conscious effort to watch matches or check for scores after 5pm.

Sad times for ITFC as I imagine there are many feeling like us. This coupled with Covid could quite easily see our attendances drop to similar levels at the end of Mick era.

The attendances will be a lot lower than that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

After 40 Years on 09:52 - Feb 10 with 592 viewsbackwaywhen

Put it all on the back burner until he has gone , cannot and will not support any other team , the Town is in the DNA .
COYBs
After 40 Years on 09:52 - Feb 10 with 591 viewslambchoppywaters

As I mentioned weeks ago, I’m happy for my boy to follow Arsenal and his Town colours are now in the loft possibly for ever.
Took him to his first game at five but can’t expect him to follow the tradition as it’s too depressing along with everything else these kids are enduring off school etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024