Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done 11:03 - Feb 10 with 627 viewsportmanking

I've reached new levels of exasperation with my club since last night. The gaslighting and bilge coming out of Stuart Taylor's mouth was frankly two fingers up at all reasonable fans that understand where we're going wrong.

Lambert's disdain of the fans and the local press is frankly embarrassing for our club. We should be one of the manager's number-one priorities, but that's not felt the case at all since the Evans era began.

If Marcus does not swallow his pride and accept the hit to his wallet today or tomorrow, I think my love affair with Ipswich is officially over after 33 years. Not ashamed to say it brings a tear to my eye saying that, but what have we got left if the fans aren't listened to or valued?
If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:09 - Feb 10 with 584 viewsdavblue

It won't happen, so just chill out and stop wasting your time worrying about that at the moment.

It will happen when it happens, whatever the rights or wrongs of Lambert still having the job, we can't really affect it.

It will end up costing the owner more cash, then more fool him as he's incompetent at running a football club.
If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:11 - Feb 10 with 575 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I wouldn't get your hopes up pal.

Just tell yourself its never happening, so when it finally does, it will feel incredible
If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:13 - Feb 10 with 561 viewsportmanking

If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:09 - Feb 10 by davblue

It won't happen, so just chill out and stop wasting your time worrying about that at the moment.

It will happen when it happens, whatever the rights or wrongs of Lambert still having the job, we can't really affect it.

It will end up costing the owner more cash, then more fool him as he's incompetent at running a football club.

But we should be able to affect it, that's the problem. We're the paying customers. We're the ones that line Evans' pockets each year and essentially provide the bulk of the players' wages. We're the unofficial board of directors here. If we don't have a sense of pride or passion in our club then what is left? An empty shell of what used to be.

They keep saying that playing behind closed doors is rubbish and nothing without the fans, so why not listen to us and accept that we might just know a fair bit about the rights and wrongs of our club - arguably more so than even the club's owner.
If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:14 - Feb 10 with 546 viewsMrTown

Won't be today, tomorrow, next week or next month.

I've settled on the idea that we are now a comedy club, and the best thing to do is just laugh at us. Makes it all a little easier.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:16 - Feb 10 with 528 viewshomer_123

4 points from 6th.....he's nowhere near close to letting Lambert go.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:21 - Feb 10 with 492 viewsdavblue

If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:13 - Feb 10 by portmanking

But we should be able to affect it, that's the problem. We're the paying customers. We're the ones that line Evans' pockets each year and essentially provide the bulk of the players' wages. We're the unofficial board of directors here. If we don't have a sense of pride or passion in our club then what is left? An empty shell of what used to be.

They keep saying that playing behind closed doors is rubbish and nothing without the fans, so why not listen to us and accept that we might just know a fair bit about the rights and wrongs of our club - arguably more so than even the club's owner.

we don't line his pockets, just reduce what he has to put in.

Because they think they know better than fans, when actually there are some really good points made by people (also some complete tosh). The club under Evans has been run poorly and Evans has never taken much notice of what we have to say.

There's a right and a wrong time to listen to fans, there's times when you have to stand your ground for something you believe in. This isn't one of them though as there is nothing to hang your hat on with Lambert.

I agree with the jist of your post but Evans won't do anything until he want's to. Fans have been calling for Lamberts head now for 3 months and nothing has changed. The whole club has entrenched it's position in backing Lambert to the point where they are coming over as dismissive to anyone and everyone.

It's not right.
If it's not today or tomorrow, I think I'm done on 11:25 - Feb 10 with 460 viewsMattinLondon

It’ll happen at the end of the season when some manager who has been on the managerial merry go round ten times will be appointed.

Straight after this another five point plan will be presented by Evans along with a begging bowl for season tickets.

Most will tell him ‘not this time’.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024