Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? 11:26 - Feb 12 with 2252 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 11:29 - Feb 12 with 1700 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Problem is exacerbated by shifting him to RB.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:24 - Feb 12 with 1623 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I don’t know whether it’s a case of the penny finally dropping. He hasn’t had much choice but to play him at RB until the recent signing of Matheson given KVY’s endless injuries. The only alternative would have been to play Wolf there, which I suppose was an option.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:29 - Feb 12 with 1588 viewsHerbivore

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:24 - Feb 12 by southnorfolkblue

I don’t know whether it’s a case of the penny finally dropping. He hasn’t had much choice but to play him at RB until the recent signing of Matheson given KVY’s endless injuries. The only alternative would have been to play Wolf there, which I suppose was an option.

He could have brought a RB in on loan instead of McGuiness 5 months ago.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:32 - Feb 12 with 1578 viewsHerbivore

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about Chambers, this is a dickish thing to say publicly about your captain.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 12:44]

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:35 - Feb 12 with 1570 viewsPJH

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:29 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

He could have brought a RB in on loan instead of McGuiness 5 months ago.

That is true although I suppose 5 months ago it was thought/believed that KVY would be back long before now.

The signing of McGuiness did seem to indicate though that either KVY would be out for a very long time or perhaps that Woolfy was moving on.
Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:40 - Feb 12 with 1548 viewsDevereuxxx

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:24 - Feb 12 by southnorfolkblue

Donacien was, and remains, a perfectly serviceable right back at this level.
Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:46 - Feb 12 with 1500 viewsHerbivore

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:35 - Feb 12 by PJH

That is true although I suppose 5 months ago it was thought/believed that KVY would be back long before now.

The signing of McGuiness did seem to indicate though that either KVY would be out for a very long time or perhaps that Woolfy was moving on.

Loans can usually be terminated in the transfer window so we could have got a RB in and if KVY was back they could have been sent back in January. The McGuiness signing made very little sense, we had plenty of CBs including our own talented rookie, but we signed another rookie CB when what we really needed was a RB. It's left us really unbalanced at times.

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:47 - Feb 12 with 1510 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:32 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about Chambers, this is a dickish thing to say publicly about your captain.

Indeed. Whether or not Chambers is a problem, the real problem is so blindingly obvious.

There is one major change that HAS to happen at this club. The fact that change is so obvious and still isn't happening suggests Evans is as much of the problem but that is even more difficult to change.

The frustration of being a Town fan is horrible right now. Are we supposed to be happy with lower-mid-table in League 1 impotent football?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:49 - Feb 12 with 1504 viewsSuperCoops

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:32 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Exactly. Whatever Chambers, possibly deteriorating, performance level in recent times, he has been a very good servant to us and I think people need to remember that.

Bit like Warky when you saw him gradually not being able to keep the pace or be as effective as we had been used to being. That's not his fault but the manager playing him.

Yes, he's making mistakes but he's still been a great, loyal and dedicated player for us.
Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:03 - Feb 12 with 1456 viewsPJH

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:46 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Loans can usually be terminated in the transfer window so we could have got a RB in and if KVY was back they could have been sent back in January. The McGuiness signing made very little sense, we had plenty of CBs including our own talented rookie, but we signed another rookie CB when what we really needed was a RB. It's left us really unbalanced at times.

Yes, very true again.

It does seem to me that the only things benefiting from McGuiness being here are himself and, maybe, Arsenal's future.
Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:05 - Feb 12 with 1432 viewsHerbivore

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:03 - Feb 12 by PJH

Yes, very true again.

It does seem to me that the only things benefiting from McGuiness being here are himself and, maybe, Arsenal's future.

Agreed. Nothing against the lad and I hope he does go on to have a good career, but his signing has caused us a lot of issues imo, and he's not been good enough to compensate for that. In fact his mistakes have directly cost us several goals.

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:08 - Feb 12 with 1425 viewsBryanPlug

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:49 - Feb 12 by SuperCoops

Exactly. Whatever Chambers, possibly deteriorating, performance level in recent times, he has been a very good servant to us and I think people need to remember that.

Bit like Warky when you saw him gradually not being able to keep the pace or be as effective as we had been used to being. That's not his fault but the manager playing him.

Yes, he's making mistakes but he's still been a great, loyal and dedicated player for us.

[content removed at owner's request]

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:09 - Feb 12 with 1411 viewsHerbivore

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:08 - Feb 12 by BryanPlug

He's not comparing them in terms of ability.

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:18 - Feb 12 with 1387 viewsNthQldITFC

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 12:49 - Feb 12 by SuperCoops

I'll never forget Warky basically laying down in the centre circle in front of a much faster David Hurst? of Sheffield Wednesday in a one-on-one, and taking the ball off him, using the power of psychology and sheer brilliance to defeat overwhelming speed!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:28 - Feb 12 with 1335 viewsPJH

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:18 - Feb 12 by NthQldITFC

I'll never forget Warky basically laying down in the centre circle in front of a much faster David Hurst? of Sheffield Wednesday in a one-on-one, and taking the ball off him, using the power of psychology and sheer brilliance to defeat overwhelming speed!

Warky never was particularly quick anyway, I don't think.

His footballing brain was but his legs were not.

He was not slow but 'speed' was not an attribute that you could use for him like you could for The Beat, for instance.
Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:33 - Feb 12 with 1320 viewsBryanPlug

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:28 - Feb 12 by PJH

Warky never was particularly quick anyway, I don't think.

His footballing brain was but his legs were not.

He was not slow but 'speed' was not an attribute that you could use for him like you could for The Beat, for instance.

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:04 - Feb 12 with 1265 viewsSuperCoops

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:09 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

He's not comparing them in terms of ability.

I wasn't comparing them in terms of ability, I agree. Was referring to a long-serving player declining with age but who loves the club and, at the very least, deserves a bit more respect than he's been getting.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 15:04]
Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:16 - Feb 12 with 1233 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Imagine if we'd signed Matheson instead of McGuinness. I think we'd have a lot more points and be a lot higher up the table just on that one change!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:20 - Feb 12 with 1212 viewsHerbivore

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:16 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Imagine if we'd signed Matheson instead of McGuinness. I think we'd have a lot more points and be a lot higher up the table just on that one change!

Agreed. Chambers and Woolf in the middle would be fairly solid, Matheson getting up and down at right back. We'd be a lot better balanced for sure.

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:22 - Feb 12 with 1203 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:16 - Feb 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Only if we then played him as well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:23 - Feb 12 with 1199 viewsSuperCoops

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:20 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Agreed. Chambers and Woolf in the middle would be fairly solid, Matheson getting up and down at right back. We'd be a lot better balanced for sure.

I can't understand why Lambert drops two youngsters and brings in two 35-ish year olds. If you want a little bit of experience, bring in either Chambers or Ward and rotate that way? But otherwise you go from a mobile, young defence to considerably slowing it down.
Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:27 - Feb 12 with 1175 viewsitfcjoe

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 13:05 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Agreed. Nothing against the lad and I hope he does go on to have a good career, but his signing has caused us a lot of issues imo, and he's not been good enough to compensate for that. In fact his mistakes have directly cost us several goals.

Look at the goals on Tuesday, massively mistiming a jump for the first; silly needless foul for the second

He's made more howlers than Toto this season, him and Woolfie as a combo is dodgy for me and both of them need either Chambers or Wilson alongside them to be steady

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:28 - Feb 12 with 1166 viewsHerbivore

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:23 - Feb 12 by SuperCoops

I can't understand why Lambert drops two youngsters and brings in two 35-ish year olds. If you want a little bit of experience, bring in either Chambers or Ward and rotate that way? But otherwise you go from a mobile, young defence to considerably slowing it down.

Completely agree. Especially as we started with no wide players ahead of them, which left them quite exposed defensively but also put pressure on them to get up the pitch and provide width when we were in possession. Utter madness. Most of us could see that before the game even kicked off, so why couldn't Lambert see it?

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:39 - Feb 12 with 1132 viewsjayessess

Also, when a player has been out as long as KVY, it's incompetent to begin the season assuming they'll definitely be playing regularly for you.

If we'd signed a good right back and KVY got fit? Bonus. We'd have 2 good players for a very high energy position and could even potentially use KVY as a winger or a left back.

Instead, we signed a winger who wasn't ready for first team football and error-prone centre half. Not to mention the absolute waste that our 3 permanent signings have been.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:39 - Feb 12 with 1128 viewsMrTown

Has the penny finally dropped re Chambers? on 14:27 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

Look at the goals on Tuesday, massively mistiming a jump for the first; silly needless foul for the second

He's made more howlers than Toto this season, him and Woolfie as a combo is dodgy for me and both of them need either Chambers or Wilson alongside them to be steady

Chambers and Wilson as a pair.

McGuinness and Woolfenden have been dreadful overall.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 14:39]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024