Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship 12:34 - Feb 12 with 966 viewsOsborneOneNil

or, miss the play offs, Lambert fuucks off, and another year in League 1 with a manger who knows what he is doing?

B.
So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 12:55 - Feb 12 with 904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It isn't going to happen.

The chance of us making the play-offs is about the same as our chances of winning the FA Cup next season.

The chance of winning the play offs if we did somehow get there is about the same as us successfully defending the FA Cup for the rest of the decade.

Logic, let alone our approach to the competition tells you that to think otherwise is just fantasy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 13:03 - Feb 12 with 877 viewsChrisd

We should've been developing a side last season ready to be fully equipped to cope with the demands of Championship football. We look so far short of that standard currently it's frightening. You look at GB's sides in the Championship, he was building season on season, when we ultimately got promoted to the EPL via the Play Offs we coped admirably with the step up in standard. What's been going on under PL's watch? Nothing, that's clear as day. New manager desperately needed for me and I'd settle for us remaining in L1 for next season if (BIG if) I can see a project developing. Quite frankly we need to start again and judging by the number of players out of contract that might not necessarily be a bad thing.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 13:05]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 13:12 - Feb 12 with 858 viewsSomethingBlue

It's not even a question for me — get out of this league, any which way, and then worry about the rest.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 13:12]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

C: Finish mid table..... on 13:40 - Feb 12 with 803 viewsBloots

....keep Lambert, get relegated.

Keep Lambert, finish mid table.

Keep Lambert, get relegated.

Liquidate club.

Start again from scratch.

Remember you support Ipswich, it's what happens.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 14:59 - Feb 12 with 768 viewsPilgrimblue

So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 13:03 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

We should've been developing a side last season ready to be fully equipped to cope with the demands of Championship football. We look so far short of that standard currently it's frightening. You look at GB's sides in the Championship, he was building season on season, when we ultimately got promoted to the EPL via the Play Offs we coped admirably with the step up in standard. What's been going on under PL's watch? Nothing, that's clear as day. New manager desperately needed for me and I'd settle for us remaining in L1 for next season if (BIG if) I can see a project developing. Quite frankly we need to start again and judging by the number of players out of contract that might not necessarily be a bad thing.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 13:05]

Not going anywhere this season so with the big clear out I sense that maybe a new manager will be able to start afresh which is what should have happened this season. Another dose of Lambert was never going to work, he's a complete disaster.
So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 15:02 - Feb 12 with 760 viewsbluefunk

will we be able to be at Wembley for the win?, if so, then count me in, regardless, because we've had so little to celebrate that I'll take it and worry about it afterwards.

If not, then lets just get rid now
So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 15:10 - Feb 12 with 744 viewslazyblue

Get promotion obviously.
So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 20:39 - Feb 12 with 618 viewspointofblue

Go up - yes, Lambert will be in charge in August but at least by the new year (going by the reported contract T&Cs) Evans will be happier to sack him if it's all going wrong.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 21:02 - Feb 12 with 603 viewsStewart27

So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 13:12 - Feb 12 by SomethingBlue

It's not even a question for me — get out of this league, any which way, and then worry about the rest.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 13:12]

This single sighted thinking hasn’t done us any favours.

It’s crazy to think that I wouldn’t want us to go up but we’d be absolutely humiliated with that pathetic fraud managing us in the championship.

He’d take us down with even less points than he did the first time around.

Haven’t got to worry about that choice though as we’d not only have to manage a draw against the likes of Peterborough or Doncaster, but we’d actually have to beat them over 2 legs and then do it again in the final.
So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 21:59 - Feb 12 with 578 viewswkj

Our club is bigger than any individual, even Sir Bobby and Sir Alf - as critical as they we're and are to ITFC. The club getting promoted will always trump the fate of a manager in my book.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So: Play Off Winners (fluked) and Lambert in the Championship on 22:16 - Feb 12 with 558 viewsParamedic

This falls down with the words Lambert and winners in the same sentence.

AllalallalSunderland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024