Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"In the mix to make the play-offs" 16:20 - Feb 12 with 909 viewsSomethingBlue

Honestly, what am I reading? "We have to make a run for it"? This wasn't the deal — it really wasn't. In two years' time it'll be "Hope to have a shot at the play-offs" at the start of the season and we'll be asked to think that is totally reasonable. This has been going on for years now and there's no sign that we won't keep sinking lower and lower, is there? What a mess.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:25 - Feb 12 with 877 viewshomer_123

I refer the good gentleman to the point of Lamberts appointment to Ipswich Town Football Club.

His first, and most prudent, area of concentration and requirement was to make an genuine attempt at keeping the Club within the English Championship. Appointed in October with over two thirds of the season left to play - Lambert singularly failed to make any concerted attempt at staving off relegation.

Fast forward to 2021 and we find ourselves, yet again, with Lambert failing to make concerted attempt at automatic promotion and now stating that 'push for the play offs' is now our revised objective.

Lambert continues to fail and Evans allows failure to permeate through every pore of our club.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:29 - Feb 12 with 850 viewsStokieBlue

Nothing that Lambert is saying is remotely serious anymore, he is just seeing how much trolling he can get away with before people stop even bothering to interview him.

Heavy defeat to in-form Shrewsbury (!!) tomorrow and hopefully that is it. Who knows what is going through ME's mind though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:32 - Feb 12 with 815 viewsMrTown

The sad thing is, we aren't even the mix for them.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:33 - Feb 12 with 803 viewsbluelagos

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:29 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

Nothing that Lambert is saying is remotely serious anymore, he is just seeing how much trolling he can get away with before people stop even bothering to interview him.

Heavy defeat to in-form Shrewsbury (!!) tomorrow and hopefully that is it. Who knows what is going through ME's mind though.

SB

I just think it's tied in to his contract. Likely to be a "No promotion = sacked" clause which we couldn't use last year - so ME can't afford to fire him 'til the end of the season.

Speculation, but can see no other reason for ME not acting sooner.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:37 - Feb 12 with 775 viewsKieran_Knows

He's a berk, he really is.

Just a few weeks ago it was 'only a couple of points off the automatic places'.

Just f#ck off out of our club.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:41 - Feb 12 with 750 viewsnorth_stand77

.......the play offs in league 2?
"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:59 - Feb 12 with 676 viewsBlueWorldOrder

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:32 - Feb 12 by MrTown

The sad thing is, we aren't even the mix for them.

Nor will we be next season.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 17:23 - Feb 12 with 623 viewsjayessess

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 16:33 - Feb 12 by bluelagos

I just think it's tied in to his contract. Likely to be a "No promotion = sacked" clause which we couldn't use last year - so ME can't afford to fire him 'til the end of the season.

Speculation, but can see no other reason for ME not acting sooner.

word was that the contract wasn't performance related at all, just that it was set up with a break clause 2 years in (either Jan 2022 or June 2022), with early termination meaning a settling his wages up to that point.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 17:25 - Feb 12 with 616 viewsStokieBlue

"In the mix to make the play-offs" on 17:23 - Feb 12 by jayessess

word was that the contract wasn't performance related at all, just that it was set up with a break clause 2 years in (either Jan 2022 or June 2022), with early termination meaning a settling his wages up to that point.

If that is true then he should be gone. Having to pay one years wages is a small burden compared with continuing along the current path.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024