Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans told to leave Australian Open mid match to comply with lockdown 21:45 - Feb 12 with 562 viewsurbanblue

Quite bizarre.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/australian-open/fans-booted-from-australian
Fans told to leave Australian Open mid match to comply with lockdown on 23:04 - Feb 12 with 469 viewsMattinLondon

Bizarre yes. But given the extremely low numbers of Covid deaths Australia has recorded, probably the correct thing to do.
Fans told to leave Australian Open mid match to comply with lockdown on 01:04 - Feb 13 with 428 viewsurbanblue

Fans told to leave Australian Open mid match to comply with lockdown on 23:04 - Feb 12 by MattinLondon

Bizarre yes. But given the extremely low numbers of Covid deaths Australia has recorded, probably the correct thing to do.

The lockdown was announced that morning. I was surprised the public were allowed in that night in the first place and thought it was a repeat of an earlier match when I turned on on the TV.

I mean, it's not like the virus only comes out from midnight. Surely, they should have said that in the case of the Open no one would be allowed in with immediate effect!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024