Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby is on 14:17 - Feb 13 with 685 viewsDarth_Koont

England v Italy with both sides looking to bounce back after last week’s disappointment. England, tournament favourites, should win comfortably but that won’t help them if they don’t get focused. And against a very young, exciting Italian team that are capable of shocking anyone and certainly should be aiming to come out of the blocks quickly and pressure England.

Then the big one this afternoon: Scotland v Wales. Scotland favourites and playing better stuff but Wales more experienced and grittier at this level despite being in a relative slump. And a game that really sets up which of them is going to be challenging at the top this year.

It’s going to be a great day – even if I’d liked to have watched us sandwiched in between.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rugby is on on 14:18 - Feb 13 with 678 viewsRadioOrwell

It would be a whole lot more interesting if the 6th nation stood a real chance of winning now and again.
Rugby is on on 14:22 - Feb 13 with 649 viewspointofblue

Good start for England...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rugby is on on 14:24 - Feb 13 with 637 viewsRyorry

Damn - missed the start - thanks tho 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rugby is on on 14:24 - Feb 13 with 632 viewsMattinLondon

Union is awful compared to Rugby League.
Well done! on 14:26 - Feb 13 with 624 viewsRyorry

Rugby is on on 14:18 - Feb 13 by RadioOrwell

It would be a whole lot more interesting if the 6th nation stood a real chance of winning now and again.

😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rugby is on on 14:31 - Feb 13 with 602 viewsjudespiveyg

Rugby is on on 14:24 - Feb 13 by MattinLondon

100% this. I still don't see the point in scrums. They take too long, nearly always collapse and refs have even admitted they don't care about rolling it in straight because they're more concerned about it not collapsing. Also League fans tend to be more bearable.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Rugby is on on 15:07 - Feb 13 with 548 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby is on on 14:24 - Feb 13 by MattinLondon

Yes and no. I’ve played and watch both. But it’s chess vs. checkers with so much more going on in union.

Having said that a bad game of union is far, far worse than a bad game of league.

Rugby is on on 09:42 - Feb 14 with 458 viewsbritbiker

Rugby is on on 14:31 - Feb 13 by judespiveyg

100% this. I still don't see the point in scrums. They take too long, nearly always collapse and refs have even admitted they don't care about rolling it in straight because they're more concerned about it not collapsing. Also League fans tend to be more bearable.

Played union for many years.
Just wish they would change the rules. Turn off the clock until the ball is in the scrum.
The last ten minutes of a game should be the most exciting however all teams now bend the rules to take excessive time by collapsing/resetting the scrum. Thus most of the time at the end of a close game is wasted. The same goes for penalty kicks. Simply take 30 seconds off of the clock.
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby is on on 13:55 - Feb 14 with 421 viewsBlueForYou

I played both. First I enjoyed League more as I thought you get more of the ball as a player, but when I got a tad older I appreciated the many different aspects of union. Rugby league attack moves & line defence being a small part of of it. These days I find League is just 13 v 13 in a straight line with restricted possession, whereas in union I really enjoy the constant scrap for the ball, & the many different facets required to win. Scrums & Lineouts are a game within a game. Union for me by a mile. Union is by far the bigger & more popular except in Australia.
Rugby is on on 19:30 - Feb 15 with 349 viewsDarth_Koont

Rugby is on on 13:55 - Feb 14 by BlueForYou

I played both. First I enjoyed League more as I thought you get more of the ball as a player, but when I got a tad older I appreciated the many different aspects of union. Rugby league attack moves & line defence being a small part of of it. These days I find League is just 13 v 13 in a straight line with restricted possession, whereas in union I really enjoy the constant scrap for the ball, & the many different facets required to win. Scrums & Lineouts are a game within a game. Union for me by a mile. Union is by far the bigger & more popular except in Australia.

Agreed. The ball’s always moving in League but there’s a predictability that can be a bit wearing. Trundling up the middle or down the blind side with the big boys for three or four tackles then having the obvious situation of having to do something or kick takes away the spontaneity for me.

In union there’s always something unexpected from players because the game itself is much tighter.

I did love tackling in rugby league though. Mainly because at the lower level they go down like a sack of spuds when you take their legs out and they can’t offload.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024