Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bash Lambert for things he deserves 15:09 - Feb 13 with 4738 viewsChris_ITFC

There's plenty of material. Using the postponement and not playing tomorrow just dilutes and undermines the clear, legitimate reasons. We also don't need to rely on unsubstantiated nonsense fromTwitter either. Look how many games are off, and how few will be played tomorrow: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scores-fixtures

His time will come soon enough. Let's try stay sensible in the meantime.
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:13 - Feb 13 with 3625 viewsKeaneish

There’s a lot of that on here. Lee O’Neill gets pelted every time he opens his mouth for no good reason.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:15 - Feb 13 with 3598 viewsBobbychase

Indeed. We have some very, very dimwitted fans on Twitter.

We've got a game on Tuesday, we don't want to be playing twice in three days. The bellends on social media blaming the postponement on Lambert would be the first to complain if anyone got injured.

If a couple of thousand of our fans had travelled up there for it to be called off that late I could understand being annoyed but they're all at home on their sofas.

It's not compulsory to complain about everything you know.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:16 - Feb 13 with 3596 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Well said

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:16 - Feb 13 with 3593 viewsPJH

Although if people were not relying on unsubstantiated nonsense from Twitter there would be hell of a lot less posting on here.
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:18 - Feb 13 with 3565 viewsPJH

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:15 - Feb 13 by Bobbychase

We've got a game on Tuesday, we don't want to be playing twice in three days. The bellends on social media blaming the postponement on Lambert would be the first to complain if anyone got injured.

If a couple of thousand of our fans had travelled up there for it to be called off that late I could understand being annoyed but they're all at home on their sofas.

I disagree with that, I am not on my sofa.
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:20 - Feb 13 with 3525 viewsChris_ITFC

Precisely. If you think that he'd also be criticised for doing the exact opposite, it undermines the argument somewhat. There's enough to criticise him for without clutching.
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:22 - Feb 13 with 3490 viewsParky

I’m sure we could have moved Tuesday’s game to Wednesday.
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:29 - Feb 13 with 3397 viewsStokieBlue

Yet the Shrewsbury press are reporting that they wanted to play tomorrow and it was Ipswich who came up with reasons why they couldn't.

Are the press also unsubstantiated nonsense?

How busy could a hotel in lockdown be?

It was just all very quick. I don't see why they couldn't have waited an hour or two, spoken to Northampton, sorted out the hotel and got both matches on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:31 - Feb 13 with 3366 viewsnoggin

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:29 - Feb 13 by StokieBlue

Yet the Shrewsbury press are reporting that they wanted to play tomorrow and it was Ipswich who came up with reasons why they couldn't.

It was just all very quick. I don't see why they couldn't have waited an hour or two, spoken to Northampton, sorted out the hotel and got both matches on.

SB

Exactly, even if there were no hotels available in Shrewsbury, there are plenty of other options. Lambert out.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:31 - Feb 13 with 3360 viewschrismakin

We were offered tomorrow. EFL said yes. We said no due ti logistics and food

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:38 - Feb 13 with 3298 viewspointofblue

SB

I suppose the issue is having to wait for Northampton to respond whether they're happy for the match to be played on Wednesday. Presumably we would be travelling straight from the stadium home so we wouldn't have anywhere to wait for certain (I guess the ground staff would want to lock up and go home) and I doubt Evans would want to shell out on a hotel unless absolutely necessary.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:43 - Feb 13 with 3258 viewsclive_baker

I saw a tweet earlier that was a preemptive meltdown about Norwood watching a TV programme.

Unreal.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:45 - Feb 13 with 3253 viewsChris_ITFC

SB

As I said, check how many of the other postponed games will be played tomorrow.

An unexpected overnight stay is not the ideal preparation for a must win football match. Every game should be treated with respect and prepared for fully, which Lambert would be bashed for if he didn’t do. It may seem like small things, but the wrong food tonight, no-one packed for an overnight stay, the wrong food pre-match tomorrow, etc. all adds up to an unfamiliar surrounding and they need all the help they can get without that.

If all the other managers are being criticised for not playing tomorrow, then fine and I stand corrected. If you’re desperate for them to play so Lambert is sacked sooner, that’s also fine. But let’s not turn this into something it isn’t. It devalues the argument and plays into the club theory that we’re all negative Nigels with a chip on the shoulder.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 15:46]
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:49 - Feb 13 with 3214 viewsParky

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:45 - Feb 13 by Chris_ITFC

An unexpected overnight stay is not the ideal preparation for a must win football match. Every game should be treated with respect and prepared for fully, which Lambert would be bashed for if he didn’t do. It may seem like small things, but the wrong food tonight, no-one packed for an overnight stay, the wrong food pre-match tomorrow, etc. all adds up to an unfamiliar surrounding and they need all the help they can get without that.

If all the other managers are being criticised for not playing tomorrow, then fine and I stand corrected. If you’re desperate for them to play so Lambert is sacked sooner, that’s also fine. But let’s not turn this into something it isn’t. It devalues the argument and plays into the club theory that we’re all negative Nigels with a chip on the shoulder.

Are you really saying we were right not to play tomorrow because they might not have packed the right food? 😳
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:56 - Feb 13 with 3152 viewsBobbychase

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:49 - Feb 13 by Parky

Are you really saying we were right not to play tomorrow because they might not have packed the right food? 😳

I imagine it was more about the Northampton match.

How often do we see games rearranged the day after a postponement? Hardly ever. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why.

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:59 - Feb 13 with 3121 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:31 - Feb 13 by noggin

Exactly, even if there were no hotels available in Shrewsbury, there are plenty of other options. Lambert out.

couchsurfing.com
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:01 - Feb 13 with 3110 viewspointofblue

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:49 - Feb 13 by Parky

Sounds like the hotel we were in opened up especially for us so we'd have to rely on them calling in staff at short notice too - at least that's how I read the comments from Shrewsbury's chief exec.

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:01 - Feb 13 with 3106 viewsParky

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:56 - Feb 13 by Bobbychase

I imagine it was more about the Northampton match.

How often do we see games rearranged the day after a postponement? Hardly ever. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why.

I don’t see why there would have been any issue with moving the Northampton game to Wednesday.

I agree with the OP that some of the stuff our fans spout is rubbish, but refusing to play a game tomorrow when we’ve already travelled because of not having the ‘right food’ is laughable.

We’re in a global pandemic, I’m sure any local hotel would be more than grateful for the custom. And on the food note - god bless any of the staff having to go to a supermarket and actually buy some pasta.
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:06 - Feb 13 with 3078 viewsKropotkin123

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:13 - Feb 13 by Keaneish

There’s a lot of that on here. Lee O’Neill gets pelted every time he opens his mouth for no good reason.

He justifiably gets "pelted". He assumes the role of a spokesman and legitimises on goings. Part of the problem.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:08 - Feb 13 with 3071 viewspointofblue

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:01 - Feb 13 by Parky

I don’t see why there would have been any issue with moving the Northampton game to Wednesday.

I agree with the OP that some of the stuff our fans spout is rubbish, but refusing to play a game tomorrow when we’ve already travelled because of not having the ‘right food’ is laughable.

We’re in a global pandemic, I’m sure any local hotel would be more than grateful for the custom. And on the food note - god bless any of the staff having to go to a supermarket and actually buy some pasta.

Not sure what the whether the staff would be willing to work - furloughed already and might have plans to spend time with their loved ones on Valentine's Day suddenly being asked to work?

And Northampton didn't have to agree switching the game to Wednesday.

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:12 - Feb 13 with 3056 viewsStokieBlue

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 15:45 - Feb 13 by Chris_ITFC

Waiting a few hours to analyse the situation and speak to Northampton would have been the sensible thing to do rather than immediately saying no and heading home. If it wasn't possible then by all means head home but not even exploring the possibility when Shrewsbury wanted to try and get it on isn't ideal.

SB
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 16:13]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:14 - Feb 13 with 3043 viewsParky

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:08 - Feb 13 by pointofblue

Not sure what the whether the staff would be willing to work - furloughed already and might have plans to spend time with their loved ones on Valentine's Day suddenly being asked to work?

And Northampton didn't have to agree switching the game to Wednesday.

No idea what you’re going on about furlough. - If it’s hotels, I can book a hotel in and around Shrewsbury for 30 people not an issue. As previously mentioned, I’m sure local hotels would actually be grateful for the custom.

I never said Northampton ‘had to’ agree to anything. I don’t see why they wouldn’t agree to moving a game a day later, which would actually give them an extra day to prepare.
Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:17 - Feb 13 with 3018 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, there's a lot of second-guessing and foggy logic going on. As you say, more than enough reasons to call for a change — piling in now doesn't really help anything.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:18 - Feb 13 with 3014 viewsBobbychase

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:14 - Feb 13 by Parky

No idea what you’re going on about furlough. - If it’s hotels, I can book a hotel in and around Shrewsbury for 30 people not an issue. As previously mentioned, I’m sure local hotels would actually be grateful for the custom.

I never said Northampton ‘had to’ agree to anything. I don’t see why they wouldn’t agree to moving a game a day later, which would actually give them an extra day to prepare.

Northampton are playing as we speak. Why would they give any consideration to our situation on their own matchday? They'd be within their rights to wait and see how their own players are.

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:20 - Feb 13 with 2993 viewsBobbychase

Bash Lambert for things he deserves on 16:12 - Feb 13 by StokieBlue

Waiting a few hours to analyse the situation and speak to Northampton would have been the sensible thing to do rather than immediately saying no and heading home. If it wasn't possible then by all means head home but not even exploring the possibility when Shrewsbury wanted to try and get it on isn't ideal.

SB
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 16:13]

Northampton are playing right now. I doubt they'd be that interested in a call from us asking to move a different game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024