Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM up to 7th in Championship. 17:10 - Feb 13 with 10277 viewscbower

6 pts off 6th place. It will go Ape in here if he gets them into the Play offs. God help us if they were to go up.

bluescouser

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:46 - Feb 14 with 1693 viewsBluefish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:39 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

I think the fact that more than one person disagrees with your take suggests that we aren't a unified collective. You may have seen it as a gesture against all fans, I certainly didn't and nor did many others, just like I didn't see our fans chanting with the Norwich as representing all of us, or the fans calling Mick a nonce representing all of us. You're stating your opinion as though it's an uncontestable fact and it simply isn't.

Keanish was probably the poster more than any that tried to justify the words and actions of numbskulls. He has tried time and time again to prove things and incredibly has been wrong every time. Even someone that knows nothing about our club you would expect to be right eventually. He is a wounded bloke on the the mick situation and will spout any old nonsense.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:52 - Feb 14 with 1699 viewsKeaneish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:39 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

I think the fact that more than one person disagrees with your take suggests that we aren't a unified collective. You may have seen it as a gesture against all fans, I certainly didn't and nor did many others, just like I didn't see our fans chanting with the Norwich as representing all of us, or the fans calling Mick a nonce representing all of us. You're stating your opinion as though it's an uncontestable fact and it simply isn't.

Agreeing or disagreeing is largely irrelevant. I disagree with family members all the time but they’re still family. The colour you wear and the crest upon that colour is what binds us all. As I’ve said, I don’t agree with a lot of what people think or say but there is unity in symbolism; symbolism after all is identity and communication.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:55 - Feb 14 with 1681 viewsHerbivore

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:52 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

Agreeing or disagreeing is largely irrelevant. I disagree with family members all the time but they’re still family. The colour you wear and the crest upon that colour is what binds us all. As I’ve said, I don’t agree with a lot of what people think or say but there is unity in symbolism; symbolism after all is identity and communication.

That's just a lot of meaningless buzzwords at the end there. I think your view of the fanbase as being like a family is absolutely miles off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:57 - Feb 14 with 1681 viewslondontractorboy57

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:05 - Feb 13 by unstableblue

Definitely wish him and Terry well; keep Moore scoring anything possible.

Cardiff fans pleased, but concerned on no subs when they were clearly tiring and whether if Coventry had a better striker their dominance would have counted.

Wouldnt worry about what fans say a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing look whats happened to us BCWYWF
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:59 - Feb 14 with 1677 viewsTangledupin_Blue

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:52 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

I am not 'bound' to people who behave disgracefully simply because we support the same football team. If the club were able to identify them and ban them I would be delighted.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:04 - Feb 14 with 1653 viewsHerbivore

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:59 - Feb 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

I am not 'bound' to people who behave disgracefully simply because we support the same football team. If the club were able to identify them and ban them I would be delighted.

Anyone who has ever been to an away day in London will tell you that Town fans are not all one and the same. The state of some of the 'fans' that rock up for a sunny day in Fulham.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:07 - Feb 14 with 1657 viewsjayessess

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:19 - Feb 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

"The fact of where we are now has sod all to do with his leaving."

It's very unlikely that Mick McCarthy would still be Ipswich Town manager if he'd not left in April 2018, so one way or another we'd have needed to get our next hiring decision right. We didn't. Twice. That's the main reason we're here, not because we chose to replace the manager after more than a half a decade in charge.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:25 - Feb 14 with 1624 viewsmonty_radio

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:19 - Feb 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

"The fact of where we are now has sod all to do with his leaving."

But I never did like it all that much
And one day the axe just fell.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:30 - Feb 14 with 1612 viewsPJH

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:59 - Feb 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

Agreed, I was and am ashamed to be associated with those people in any way.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:32 - Feb 14 with 1611 viewsDarth_Koont

No need for salt on my popcorn reading this thread.

Glad to see Mick doing well.

Pronouns: He/Him

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:35 - Feb 14 with 1608 viewsKeaneish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 10:55 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

That's just a lot of meaningless buzzwords at the end there. I think your view of the fanbase as being like a family is absolutely miles off.

If you think family, symbolism, identity and communication are meaningless buzzwords there is something very questionable about your outlook Herbs.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:40 - Feb 14 with 1584 viewsHerbivore

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:35 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

If you think family, symbolism, identity and communication are meaningless buzzwords there is something very questionable about your outlook Herbs.

This here is a load of b0llocks: "there is unity in symbolism; symbolism after all is identity and communication". It's just a word soup. Sorry, but your view of the fanbase as a collective does not cohere with how many of us view it.

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:41 - Feb 14 with 1596 viewsCoastalblue

Aha, the weekly MM thread, do people have replies saved to copy and paste and save a bit of time these days?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:45 - Feb 14 with 1571 viewsBluefish

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:41 - Feb 14 by Coastalblue

Aha, the weekly MM thread, do people have replies saved to copy and paste and save a bit of time these days?

The ones that were adamant that he would not get another job in football? Or the ones after that that declared he would fail at Cardiff?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:48 - Feb 14 with 1570 viewsPJH

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:45 - Feb 14 by Bluefish

The ones that were adamant that he would not get another job in football? Or the ones after that that declared he would fail at Cardiff?

I suppose it depends on what his remit is at Cardiff as to whether he ultimately succeeds or not but I love it that some ITFC 'supporters' get upset every time that Cardiff win at the moment.
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:53 - Feb 14 with 1560 viewspointofblue

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:48 - Feb 14 by PJH

I suppose it depends on what his remit is at Cardiff as to whether he ultimately succeeds or not but I love it that some ITFC 'supporters' get upset every time that Cardiff win at the moment.

I want to see Cardiff do well whilst Mick is there; I’d love to see him take them up. The treatment of Mick was abysmal by some at the end though he hardly helped matters himself. It was time for him to leave and it was the decisions that were made afterwards which led us to the position we’re in now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:02 - Feb 14 with 1549 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:16 - Feb 14 with 1521 viewspointofblue

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:02 - Feb 14 by BryanPlug

First paragraph agreed.

Second paragraph - I can’t see that happening or people would be calling for Hurst to return at the moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:26 - Feb 14 with 1487 viewsvapour_trail

No there won’t you mug.

Mick was a good manager. Lambert will be viewed as a sh1t manager.

It isn’t difficult.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:30 - Feb 14 with 1485 viewsbluejacko

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:25 - Feb 14 by monty_radio

But I never did like it all that much
And one day the axe just fell.

What axe?
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:34 - Feb 14 with 1475 viewsjeera

You have got to be kidding.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:54 - Feb 14 with 1451 viewsHarry_Palmer

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 18:05 - Feb 13 by Bent_double

I think most of the grown-ups on here will be happy for him, regardless of whether they wanted him to stay here or leave.

Of course there may be the added benefit of Cardiff beating the scum in the POs - long shot, I know - but that should easily be enough to win anyone over who still harbours any kind of grudge against him.

Good luck to him and TC I say. Move on.

"Of course there may be the added benefit of Cardiff beating the scum in the POs"

I would absolutely LOVE it if that happened!
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:57 - Feb 14 with 1438 viewsvapour_trail

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:54 - Feb 14 by Harry_Palmer

"Of course there may be the added benefit of Cardiff beating the scum in the POs"

I would absolutely LOVE it if that happened!

I reckon there’s some of our lot who had a sing song with them at carrow road, would be cheering on the wronguns.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 13:01 - Feb 14 with 1432 viewsHarry_Palmer

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 12:57 - Feb 14 by vapour_trail

I reckon there’s some of our lot who had a sing song with them at carrow road, would be cheering on the wronguns.

Quite probably. I forgot about that embarrassing episode, that really was a new low.

I never quite got the Mick hatred thing, yes I wanted him to go by the end and he could be a cantankerous git at times but all in all he did a very good job for us and I believe had the respect of the majority of fans,
MM up to 7th in Championship. on 13:03 - Feb 14 with 1430 viewsNthQldITFC

MM up to 7th in Championship. on 11:41 - Feb 14 by Coastalblue

What does MM stand for?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024