Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! 23:15 - Feb 13 with 759 viewsRyorry

Yeah I know, I should keep up more! Feels like at least 20 years ago that we had him on loan ... TWTD

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 13:05 - Feb 14 with 583 viewsJ2BLUE

He's not even 30 yet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 14:30 - Feb 14 with 527 viewsRyorry

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 13:05 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

He's not even 30 yet.

I think it's just a measure of the sadly huge distance that we've dropped down the football pyramid which makes it feel as though his loan spell with us was something like a quarter of a century ago and that he must have therefore retired as a pro player by now!

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 14:41 - Feb 14 with 515 viewsJ2BLUE

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 14:30 - Feb 14 by Ryorry

I think it's just a measure of the sadly huge distance that we've dropped down the football pyramid which makes it feel as though his loan spell with us was something like a quarter of a century ago and that he must have therefore retired as a pro player by now!

Agree. Keane sent him back early

Truly impaired.

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 14:50 - Feb 14 with 506 viewsRyorry

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 14:41 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

Agree. Keane sent him back early

Did he? - my memory won't do a decade (half a century's fine tho)!

Wow, what on earth reason did he give, if any?

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 14:56 - Feb 14 with 497 viewsJ2BLUE

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 14:50 - Feb 14 by Ryorry

Did he? - my memory won't do a decade (half a century's fine tho)!

Wow, what on earth reason did he give, if any?

Keane said: “Andros is going back to Tottenham. I’ve been speaking to Andros for the last few days and I’ve been in touch with [Spurs assistant first team coach] Tim Sherwood.

“It’s all agreed with Tottenham that he’ll go back because he wasn’t getting the minutes here.”

Townsend to Return to Tottenham 18th Dec 2010 20:43
Town boss Roy Keane has revealed that on-loan winger Andros Townsend is set to return to Tottenham. The 19-year-old was due to remain with the Blues until the end of the season. 75

Didn't fit Keane's four CB, four CM formations

Truly impaired.

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:05 - Feb 14 with 482 viewsRyorry

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 14:56 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

Keane said: “Andros is going back to Tottenham. I’ve been speaking to Andros for the last few days and I’ve been in touch with [Spurs assistant first team coach] Tim Sherwood.

“It’s all agreed with Tottenham that he’ll go back because he wasn’t getting the minutes here.”

Townsend to Return to Tottenham 18th Dec 2010 20:43
Town boss Roy Keane has revealed that on-loan winger Andros Townsend is set to return to Tottenham. The 19-year-old was due to remain with the Blues until the end of the season. 75

Didn't fit Keane's four CB, four CM formations

Ah, right, thanks.

Ridiculous not to use him more. RK was never really cut out to be a manager imho.

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:10 - Feb 14 with 469 viewschrismakin

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:05 - Feb 14 by Ryorry

Ah, right, thanks.

Ridiculous not to use him more. RK was never really cut out to be a manager imho.

Was hurrihane another Keane let go who's gone on and had a solid career

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:16 - Feb 14 with 451 viewsJ2BLUE

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:10 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

Was hurrihane another Keane let go who's gone on and had a solid career

Signed by Keane, released by Jewell.

To be fair he did nothing here and had to go on trial before Plymouth signed him. He was nowhere near the player he is today.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:26 - Feb 14 with 431 viewsParisBlue

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:05 - Feb 14 by Ryorry

Ah, right, thanks.

At 19 he was quite young though still and did very little in his subsequent loan spells. That said the feeling at time was he should have played more here, especially as we were losing pretty much every game having started thebseason well.

A couple of years later he hit some decent form for Spurs, got called up for England and was very good before injury prevented him from going to the world cup. A move to Newcastle meant he became average (has anyone ever moved to Newcastle - or Sundeland even - and used that as a move to improve their career I.e. subsequently move to one of the big Champions League teams?)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:56 - Feb 14 with 411 viewsRyorry

Cripes, hadn't realised Andros Townsend was still playing! on 15:26 - Feb 14 by ParisBlue

At 19 he was quite young though still and did very little in his subsequent loan spells. That said the feeling at time was he should have played more here, especially as we were losing pretty much every game having started thebseason well.

A couple of years later he hit some decent form for Spurs, got called up for England and was very good before injury prevented him from going to the world cup. A move to Newcastle meant he became average (has anyone ever moved to Newcastle - or Sundeland even - and used that as a move to improve their career I.e. subsequently move to one of the big Champions League teams?)

Interesting stuff, thanks 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024