Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously 09:16 - Feb 14 with 4924 viewsxrayspecs

While we all have views on the current situation, the quality of objective discourse here is too often embarrassing.

It is a shame as this used to be a good discussion board.
If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:18 - Feb 14 with 2968 viewsfooters

Very cool, thanks for letting us know.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:20 - Feb 14 with 2961 viewsBluespeed225

The sslippery slope started with Brexit, got too personal, then followed up with Mick in/out, ditto, and now the last 18 months have seen us to where we are. I actually think Lambert, in an £*se about face way, has united the board!
If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:25 - Feb 14 with 2939 viewsgtsb1966

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:20 - Feb 14 by Bluespeed225

The sslippery slope started with Brexit, got too personal, then followed up with Mick in/out, ditto, and now the last 18 months have seen us to where we are. I actually think Lambert, in an £*se about face way, has united the board!

Although it depends on what your political leanings are. For a select few on here anyone who isnt left wing or voted for Brexit is a racist.
If I was on this forum, I would not take this club seriously on 09:28 - Feb 14 with 2903 viewsEireannach_gorm

Used to be quite good but quality of management and play is at an all time low.
If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:31 - Feb 14 with 2875 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No one should take any forum seriously.

A wide demographic spread of anonymous posters.

You'd be in the wrong place if you were looking for objective discourse.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:32 - Feb 14 with 2880 viewsEwan_Oozami

I don't work at the club, and I don't take this forum seriously...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:35 - Feb 14 with 2864 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone at any football club taking any football fans forum seriously might as well pop down the pub and get advice on running their sporting concern from the locals there.

This is why that whole Lincoln getting early team news off here 'scandal' was such a surprise.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:37 - Feb 14 with 2849 viewsKeno

sorry but there is just one and only TWTD approved reply to that

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:42 - Feb 14 with 2833 viewsGuthrum

Is it so bad as all that?

On the football side, there's a good range of informed thought, plus a lot of historical knowlege. There are people prepared to acknowlege a decent performance (as against Blackpool) even under Lambert.

The consistent negativity at the moment only reflects the reality that we have been relegated to the third tier and, despite a decent squad and budget, are presently struggling even to keep in touch with the playoff places.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:52 - Feb 14 with 2775 viewsbluepigeon

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:42 - Feb 14 by Guthrum

On the football side, there's a good range of informed thought, plus a lot of historical knowlege. There are people prepared to acknowlege a decent performance (as against Blackpool) even under Lambert.

The consistent negativity at the moment only reflects the reality that we have been relegated to the third tier and, despite a decent squad and budget, are presently struggling even to keep in touch with the playoff places.

There is no room for alternative views if you support ME or his strategy you get shot down in flames

If you point out that under Lambert it is still possible to get promoted via the playoffs you get called an idiot

What is lacking is a bit of balance and respect for alternative views
If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:53 - Feb 14 with 2758 viewsEwan_Oozami

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:37 - Feb 14 by Keno

sorry but there is just one and only TWTD approved reply to that

I thought there were two approved responses?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:55 - Feb 14 with 2745 viewsm14_blue

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:52 - Feb 14 by bluepigeon

There is no room for alternative views if you support ME or his strategy you get shot down in flames

If you point out that under Lambert it is still possible to get promoted via the playoffs you get called an idiot

You’re an idiot.
If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:56 - Feb 14 with 2742 viewsWD19

If I worked at the club....

I would be paid little and under qualified like everyone else.
If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:01 - Feb 14 with 2727 viewsGuthrum

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:52 - Feb 14 by bluepigeon

That first is very much a minority viewpoint. Unsurprising if people will pull it apart.

While it is mathematically possible for us to go up via the playoffs this season, there has been remarkably little evidence that it is a likely outcome.

While one ought to be able to expect politeness and at least some degree of rationality, if you put forward a contentious opinion, you shouldn't be surprised if people tear into it. Especially given how high emotions are running over the decline of ITFC.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:06 - Feb 14 with 2672 viewsfooters

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:01 - Feb 14 by Guthrum

That first is very much a minority viewpoint. Unsurprising if people will pull it apart.

While it is mathematically possible for us to go up via the playoffs this season, there has been remarkably little evidence that it is a likely outcome.

While one ought to be able to expect politeness and at least some degree of rationality, if you put forward a contentious opinion, you shouldn't be surprised if people tear into it. Especially given how high emotions are running over the decline of ITFC.

Think you're giving an obvious budgie troll a little too much credit with such a well thought out reply.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:21 - Feb 14 with 2607 viewsmonty_radio

Alas there are few places where one could actually go for objecctve open-ended discourse, either here or any other forum, online or elsewhere. Some threads on here manage it pretty well. But when the guardians of their own truth impose themselves via a combination of insult and pile-on then it's not great, but probably still a bit less painful than, say, Millwall.

As has been often remarked, with accompanying vitriol, there is a tendency for those who post on the news items to take a different view to the main board, more reflective of those attached to Star articles. When they migrate to this forum they introduce a bloke-at-the-bar manner of asserting themselves which brings out the worst in the resident forces. Any institution with a large, and fairly disparate following, contains the same polarising tendencies.

What people at the club do or don't think, it would be helpful to know if only they could be persuaded to talk to us. And that, in itself, exacerbates the feeling of powerlessness and thus anger.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:26 - Feb 14 with 2583 viewsDubtractor

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 09:42 - Feb 14 by Guthrum

Exactly this. No great surprise given the absolute state of everything about the club that the feeling on here (as well as twitter and facebook) is overwhelmingly negative about the club/manager/owner.

In fact I'm staggered that anyone could be surprised by this.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:28 - Feb 14 with 2570 viewsAce_High1

If I worked for the club, I would either resign and find a new job or be hammering on Evans door to bring about some change at the club.

Whole club is finished.
If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:32 - Feb 14 with 2525 viewslowhouseblue

a football forum isn't supposed to be serious. if there's an issue it's that it's less funny than it used to be.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:33 - Feb 14 with 2540 viewspointofblue

If there is anyone who thinks that Evans’ strategy is the right one then I respect them as long as they can spell out the reasons why - that’s not to say I will change my mind and agree.

It is absolutely right that we can still make the Play Offs this year but our form over the past 18 months under Lambert suggests we won’t and, even if we do, our management team lacks the tactical know how to see overcome the stronger sides in the division.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:36 - Feb 14 with 2527 viewsjeera

But rather than offer your own views you make a brief statement undermining other members.

How is that at all conducive to a good discussion?

Do you really mean you disagree with some of the opinions but don't want to openly say so?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:43 - Feb 14 with 2488 viewsBlueBadger

Good to see you're doing something about it by starting an informed, reasoned debate with facts to support your statements and opinions and not just fishing for another row then, isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:46 - Feb 14 with 2458 views26_Paz

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:21 - Feb 14 by monty_radio

Alas there are few places where one could actually go for objecctve open-ended discourse, either here or any other forum, online or elsewhere. Some threads on here manage it pretty well. But when the guardians of their own truth impose themselves via a combination of insult and pile-on then it's not great, but probably still a bit less painful than, say, Millwall.

As has been often remarked, with accompanying vitriol, there is a tendency for those who post on the news items to take a different view to the main board, more reflective of those attached to Star articles. When they migrate to this forum they introduce a bloke-at-the-bar manner of asserting themselves which brings out the worst in the resident forces. Any institution with a large, and fairly disparate following, contains the same polarising tendencies.

What people at the club do or don't think, it would be helpful to know if only they could be persuaded to talk to us. And that, in itself, exacerbates the feeling of powerlessness and thus anger.

This is a forum where you will get many wide and varied views. Some good, some moronic and many in between. The club shouldn’t be ‘talking to’ a forum, that’s there for us lot to shoot the sh1t and get anything and everything off our chests. There should be a functioning supporters group for the club to engage with to offer fans an input. Unfortunately, we don’t seem to have that. I don’t know who’s running our official supporters group anymore or even if it is still in existence it is that quiet.

The Paz Man

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:47 - Feb 14 with 2466 viewsWeWereZombies

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:32 - Feb 14 by lowhouseblue

a football forum isn't supposed to be serious. if there's an issue it's that it's less funny than it used to be.

Funny 'ha ha' or funny 'peculiar'?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If I worked at the club, I would not take this forum seriously on 10:48 - Feb 14 with 2444 viewsBluefish

If PRP had taken my assessments of his tactics seriously we wouldn't be in this mess. The forum was convenient when the club were hoodwinking fans into believe that PL is a blue and that every little thing is gonna be alright

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024