Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit of a random question 10:22 - Feb 14 with 2070 viewsjudespiveyg

But out of Lewis Price and Shane Supple which was the better keeper? I didn't see either play but it seems like the last time before now that we had two number 1 keepers in the team.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Bit of a random question on 10:24 - Feb 14 with 2049 viewsDubtractor

Supple for me.

I always thought Price was pretty poor though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bit of a random question on 10:24 - Feb 14 with 2053 viewsAce_High1

I always thought early on that Price was under rated. He was bigger than Supple, but Supple was more highly rated by the coaches.

Kelvin Davis from that era through was immense, Only here a couple of years and one of the best we had considering we signed him on a free.
Bit of a random question on 10:39 - Feb 14 with 2020 viewspointofblue

Supple was rated higher on here but we’d probably take Price in his prime right now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bit of a random question on 11:21 - Feb 14 with 1961 viewsBasuco

I would say Shane Supple, he was quick, strong and tough, I was gutted when he quit football and returned to Ireland.
Bit of a random question on 11:35 - Feb 14 with 1933 viewsSomethingBlue

Supple — maybe wasn't quite big enough to make it right to the top but, otherwise, he was a huge talent.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bit of a random question on 11:39 - Feb 14 with 1904 viewsSuperblue95

Bit of a random question on 10:24 - Feb 14 by Dubtractor

Supple for me.

I always thought Price was pretty poor though.

I remember one of Lewis Prices goal kicks landing on the roof of the Cobbold Stand in one of my early games

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bit of a random question on 12:01 - Feb 14 with 1838 viewsgordon

Shane Supple was braver, better hands, better with ball at feet and probably could have been a regular Championship keeper. Think he wasn't trusted as much because he was small-ish - Wikipedia says 6 foot 1 but that must've been his agent who's wrote that.
Bit of a random question on 12:07 - Feb 14 with 1833 viewsGeoffSentence

Bit of a random question on 10:24 - Feb 14 by Ace_High1

I always thought early on that Price was under rated. He was bigger than Supple, but Supple was more highly rated by the coaches.

Kelvin Davis from that era through was immense, Only here a couple of years and one of the best we had considering we signed him on a free.

Price also played in the Premier League and representd his country at full international level level 11 times, so objectively speaking he achieved more than Supple.

I just liked him for nearly scoring directly from wellying it out of his own area in a league cup game, Westlake (I think) ha to make sure of it though as a defender was coming back to clear.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Bit of a random question on 12:13 - Feb 14 with 1811 viewsbournemouthblue

Supple would have been very decent I suspect, how old was he when he retired?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bit of a random question on 12:14 - Feb 14 with 1811 viewsMattinLondon

Bit of a random question on 12:07 - Feb 14 by GeoffSentence

Price also played in the Premier League and representd his country at full international level level 11 times, so objectively speaking he achieved more than Supple.

I just liked him for nearly scoring directly from wellying it out of his own area in a league cup game, Westlake (I think) ha to make sure of it though as a defender was coming back to clear.

But Supple had almost a decade out of the game - did in play in England again after coming out of retirement?

On a side issue, an indication of how far we’ve fallen - Supple, Richards, Barron, Trotter and Harding - all ok players back then but would easily be so much of an improvement on what we have at the moment.
Bit of a random question on 12:24 - Feb 14 with 1793 viewsAce_High1

Bit of a random question on 12:14 - Feb 14 by MattinLondon

But Supple had almost a decade out of the game - did in play in England again after coming out of retirement?

On a side issue, an indication of how far we’ve fallen - Supple, Richards, Barron, Trotter and Harding - all ok players back then but would easily be so much of an improvement on what we have at the moment.

Matt Richards, was the weak link in that team, remember everytime we played West Ham they put big Marlon Harwood wide right and he would bully little Matt all over the place.

However as you say Richards would walk into this side - Kenlock, Ward, Knudsen ARF.
Bit of a random question on 12:25 - Feb 14 with 1790 viewsMattinLondon

Bit of a random question on 12:24 - Feb 14 by Ace_High1

Matt Richards, was the weak link in that team, remember everytime we played West Ham they put big Marlon Harwood wide right and he would bully little Matt all over the place.

However as you say Richards would walk into this side - Kenlock, Ward, Knudsen ARF.

Richards as a left back was just about ok. I thought he played better as a central midfielder- had a good engine and pass on him.
Bit of a random question on 12:41 - Feb 14 with 1770 viewsmonty_radio

Having two No 1s at a club of our size usually means having two Number 2s, as our recent seasons would seem to indicate.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Bit of a random question on 12:53 - Feb 14 with 1744 viewsSimonds92

Supple absolutely, similar style to Kasper Schmeichel, not sure he would have reached those heights but could have been very good for us.
Bit of a random question on 12:53 - Feb 14 with 1741 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Neither were particularly good
Bit of a random question on 13:19 - Feb 14 with 1687 viewsSuperCoops

Bit of a random question on 12:13 - Feb 14 by bournemouthblue

Supple would have been very decent I suspect, how old was he when he retired?

Bit of a random question on 13:21 - Feb 14 with 1684 viewsSuperCoops

Bit of a random question on 12:07 - Feb 14 by GeoffSentence

Did Price play much at Premier League level? Seemed he was virtually always a sub keeper and never considered good enough to be a number 1 in the Prem. In fact, I don't think he maintained first choice anywhere for too long.

Supple for me was better, but he didn't have a particularly big or imposing figure and didn't seem the tallest (neither did Price) but Supps wouldn't shy away from going in when he could get injured in a challenge.
Bit of a random question on 13:23 - Feb 14 with 1679 viewsJ2BLUE

Bit of a random question on 12:24 - Feb 14 by Ace_High1

Richards was a poor LB but we were crying out for a LM and never gave Richards a proper chance there. He did well there in the few games we played him there.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bit of a random question on 13:49 - Feb 14 with 1611 viewsHARRY10

we've not produced a keeper since
Bit of a random question on 14:41 - Feb 14 with 1548 viewsGeoffSentence

Bit of a random question on 13:21 - Feb 14 by SuperCoops

Did Price play much at Premier League level? Seemed he was virtually always a sub keeper and never considered good enough to be a number 1 in the Prem. In fact, I don't think he maintained first choice anywhere for too long.

Supple for me was better, but he didn't have a particularly big or imposing figure and didn't seem the tallest (neither did Price) but Supps wouldn't shy away from going in when he could get injured in a challenge.

Half a dozen games or so. To be fair I think he was played in desperation between the first choice keeper getting injured and Derby buying a replacement.

I vaguely recall him being on the wrong end of a spanking or two, but doing well to keep the score down.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024