Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Holland 18:34 - Feb 14 with 2278 viewsgazzer1999

Just seen this interview on YouTube, how is he not involved with the club in some capacity now?
Matt Holland on 18:38 - Feb 14 with 2230 viewschrismakin

There's a few which i'm shocked aren't

Burley as director of football
Holland, Stewart, as coaches

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Matt Holland on 18:48 - Feb 14 with 2174 viewsgazzer1999

Matt Holland on 18:38 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

There's a few which i'm shocked aren't

Burley as director of football
Holland, Stewart, as coaches

We always talk about the boys of 81 and I was privileged to have seen them, but can you imagine Jim,Matt and Marcus Stewart now. Very lucky to have seen these as well.
Matt is wasted in punditry he's done the badges get back to Town Matt and bring Marcus with you, we need you more than ever.
Matt Holland on 18:50 - Feb 14 with 2158 viewschrismakin

Matt Holland on 18:48 - Feb 14 by gazzer1999

We always talk about the boys of 81 and I was privileged to have seen them, but can you imagine Jim,Matt and Marcus Stewart now. Very lucky to have seen these as well.
Matt is wasted in punditry he's done the badges get back to Town Matt and bring Marcus with you, we need you more than ever.

Exactly, people like Matt and Stewart deserve to be teaching others,

Imagine the likes of Lankester, Drinan learning from Stewart, he wasn't the fastest in anyway not even the biggest but one of the best at scoring with his head due to his movement.

Matt, how to handle a midfield, without the need to get bookings every week. Downes would learn so much

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Matt Holland on 18:53 - Feb 14 with 2129 viewsvapour_trail

Matt Holland on 18:50 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

Exactly, people like Matt and Stewart deserve to be teaching others,

Imagine the likes of Lankester, Drinan learning from Stewart, he wasn't the fastest in anyway not even the biggest but one of the best at scoring with his head due to his movement.

Matt, how to handle a midfield, without the need to get bookings every week. Downes would learn so much

Marcus Stewart is one of the most underrated footballers there is. So intelligent on the pitch, such a joy to watch, best player we’ve had since the Robson era.

I agree, you’d think he’d add a lot of value in terms of passing on knowledge.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Matt Holland on 18:54 - Feb 14 with 2118 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chose the media route instead. And he’s not too bad at it at all.

Kept his chiselled good looks too - I can’t see him ending up like Brazil. Far too sensible and disciplined I suspect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Matt Holland on 18:58 - Feb 14 with 2099 viewsgazzer1999

Matt Holland on 18:53 - Feb 14 by vapour_trail

Marcus Stewart is one of the most underrated footballers there is. So intelligent on the pitch, such a joy to watch, best player we’ve had since the Robson era.

I agree, you’d think he’d add a lot of value in terms of passing on knowledge.

Come on Marcus Evans, you know what you need to do Marcus Stewart is available, he can show these youngsters how to score.
I am a massive Paul Mariner fan and think he is my favourite in all my time supporting the Town, but Marcus Stewart is my next and favourite of the last 20 years or so. It really makes you appreciate what you have while it's happening, I really feel for kids in the last 15 years with what we have had to endure.
Matt Holland on 19:05 - Feb 14 with 2051 viewsvapour_trail

Matt Holland on 18:58 - Feb 14 by gazzer1999

Come on Marcus Evans, you know what you need to do Marcus Stewart is available, he can show these youngsters how to score.
I am a massive Paul Mariner fan and think he is my favourite in all my time supporting the Town, but Marcus Stewart is my next and favourite of the last 20 years or so. It really makes you appreciate what you have while it's happening, I really feel for kids in the last 15 years with what we have had to endure.

I was thinking about this today gazzer. Imagine being a 30 yr old ITFC fan. What the fck do you associate with.

There’s nothing.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Matt Holland on 19:10 - Feb 14 with 2020 viewstractorboy1978

Matt Holland on 19:05 - Feb 14 by vapour_trail

I was thinking about this today gazzer. Imagine being a 30 yr old ITFC fan. What the fck do you associate with.

There’s nothing.

I was very fortunate that my old man and Grandad started taking me in 1996 when I was 6 years old - so I can remember the promotion, 5th in the Prem, European nights under the lights at PR - even if I wasn't old enough to fully appreciate them. People that are early 20s or younger really have seen absolutely fcuk all!
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 19:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Holland on 19:25 - Feb 14 with 1927 viewsSwansea_Blue

There’s nothing.

You must have missed the thread today on Giles Coke

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Matt Holland on 19:31 - Feb 14 with 1898 viewsJ2BLUE

Why aren't there more involved with the club? Because they would demand higher standards. Higher standards would mean funding everything properly. Evans knows they are likely to see the state of the club and speak out. When someone like Holland speaks out it would spark a rebellion. A rebellion Evans has somehow avoided with a few well placed works here and there. Lets be honest, Evans has got away with outright lying to the fans for far too long. He doesn't want people like Holland, who the fans love, anywhere near the club. I'm amazed Dyer and Butcher are allowed at the club but they are probably distanced enough from the first team.

Evans simple doesn't want to shine a light on the state of the club. Getting people who genuinely care would be terrible for his fake narrative.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Matt Holland on 19:31 - Feb 14 with 1899 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Most importantly, is he our most good looking player ever? Richard Wright was admittedly close but... Matty H shades it imho
Matt Holland on 19:38 - Feb 14 with 1858 viewschrismakin

Matt Holland on 19:31 - Feb 14 by have_a_word_with_him

Most importantly, is he our most good looking player ever? Richard Wright was admittedly close but... Matty H shades it imho

Alan Lee would be my wifes choice I think on that front

Matt Holland on 19:41 - Feb 14 with 1838 viewschrismakin

Matt Holland on 19:31 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

Why aren't there more involved with the club? Because they would demand higher standards. Higher standards would mean funding everything properly. Evans knows they are likely to see the state of the club and speak out. When someone like Holland speaks out it would spark a rebellion. A rebellion Evans has somehow avoided with a few well placed works here and there. Lets be honest, Evans has got away with outright lying to the fans for far too long. He doesn't want people like Holland, who the fans love, anywhere near the club. I'm amazed Dyer and Butcher are allowed at the club but they are probably distanced enough from the first team.

Evans simple doesn't want to shine a light on the state of the club. Getting people who genuinely care would be terrible for his fake narrative.

Really makes you angry really that we have someone owning the club that really has no interest in it on the pitch and off the pitch

Matt Holland on 19:44 - Feb 14 with 1821 viewschrismakin

Look at Stewart in this clip

There is not 1 player at the club who in 20 years time would have the same reaction to that question

Matt Holland on 19:44 - Feb 14 with 1816 viewsMattinLondon

Matt Holland on 19:41 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

Really makes you angry really that we have someone owning the club that really has no interest in it on the pitch and off the pitch

That’s unfair- he obviously does have an interest in the club but he’s just not very good at running it.

After all if these years you would assume that he would have realised that and employed capable people who were not ‘yes men’. Evans must be quite egotistical to not see this.
Matt Holland on 19:48 - Feb 14 with 1793 viewschrismakin

Matt Holland on 19:44 - Feb 14 by MattinLondon

That’s unfair- he obviously does have an interest in the club but he’s just not very good at running it.

After all if these years you would assume that he would have realised that and employed capable people who were not ‘yes men’. Evans must be quite egotistical to not see this.

Sorry but he's shown no interest in the club at all, it's taken years of fan pressure for any cosmetic work to be done at PR,

We're 12th in league 1 with the same manager who took us there which shows he has no interest in what we're doing or where we are heading in a football sense

There is 0 interest in the club itself other than having it's name on his website.

IF he had genuine interest into what is best for ITFC, even if he still wanted to own it, he would make it his top priority to get people in charge of the football club with footballing knowledge who can just report into him as and when needed for financial reasons
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 19:50]

Matt Holland on 19:54 - Feb 14 with 1745 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Matt Holland on 19:48 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

Sorry but he's shown no interest in the club at all, it's taken years of fan pressure for any cosmetic work to be done at PR,

We're 12th in league 1 with the same manager who took us there which shows he has no interest in what we're doing or where we are heading in a football sense

There is 0 interest in the club itself other than having it's name on his website.

IF he had genuine interest into what is best for ITFC, even if he still wanted to own it, he would make it his top priority to get people in charge of the football club with footballing knowledge who can just report into him as and when needed for financial reasons

what he said.
Evans still seems to think he can run a football club from the end of a phone line, with the likes of Lee O'Neill in a "Manager of Football Operations" role. Utter debacle and anyone who really cared would be doing things differently.
Matt Holland on 19:57 - Feb 14 with 1728 viewschrismakin

Matt Holland on 19:54 - Feb 14 by have_a_word_with_him

what he said.
Evans still seems to think he can run a football club from the end of a phone line, with the likes of Lee O'Neill in a "Manager of Football Operations" role. Utter debacle and anyone who really cared would be doing things differently.

The fact you have a guy who works with the u9's, in charge of the first team of a league club is just baffling.

Fair play to Lee, he's doing a role which he's not really made for and probably doesn't even want ( although im sure it pays well)

Matt Holland on 20:40 - Feb 14 with 1563 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Matt Holland on 19:48 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

Wasn’t much fan pressure going on when Clegg had the turnstiles repainted...just derision.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Matt Holland on 21:00 - Feb 14 with 1491 viewsSuperCoops

I wonder whether there's a possibility they don't want to get too involved in the current regime and set up. I still have a suspicion that's one of the reason Milts stepped away?
Matt Holland on 08:20 - Feb 15 with 1009 viewsitfcjoe

I'm sorry but that's rubbish, there are no doubt hundreds of reasons why they aren't involved - but the fact that Dyer and Butcher are, plus Klug still is, plus Dozzell, plus countless other ex-players in the academy shows that it isn't fear of them speaking out.

What role would Matt Holland have? What role would Marcus Stewart have? Are either of them better than what they are currently doing, and in Stewart's case is that role worth relocating to the other side of the country for?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Matt Holland on 08:23 - Feb 15 with 996 viewsitfcjoe

Matt Holland on 19:44 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

Look at Stewart in this clip

There is not 1 player at the club who in 20 years time would have the same reaction to that question

Not even Chambers? The bloke who has played 300 odd games, clearly deeply cares and has always been available through injuries etc to play.

There's a real risk of everything being talked down and down here - we are rubbish because we have a terrible manager, combined with an owner who makes really poor footballing decisions. It's the same owner who under Mick presided over 4 top half Championship finishes.

Evans is what he always has been, slow to make decisions but gives managers time and adequate funding (more than adequate at this level), but he gets the wool pulled over his eyes by bad managers - most notably Jewell and Lambert who stayed far too long

Matt Holland on 08:24 - Feb 15 with 994 viewsitfcjoe

Matt Holland on 19:57 - Feb 14 by chrismakin

The fact you have a guy who works with the u9's, in charge of the first team of a league club is just baffling.

Fair play to Lee, he's doing a role which he's not really made for and probably doesn't even want ( although im sure it pays well)

He doesn't work with the U9s, he's the academy manager and therefore is in overall charge of all the underage teams which includes the U9s

Matt Holland on 08:50 - Feb 15 with 936 viewsDanTheMan

There’s nothing.

I can answer that.

Erm.

It's very little.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024