Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) 18:42 - Feb 14 with 4206 viewsPJH

It was not a shock because she had been in hospital for two weeks and we were told on Friday morning that she probably only had hours to go, she was also 95.

The reason that I am posting this at all is because I want to thank her and my late dad (he died 8 years ago next month) for introducing me to ITFC.

I might have discovered ITFC anyway but it helped having club supporting parents.

They first took me when I was aged 3 or 4, it could have been either but my first memory of football (and probably anything else) puts it at that time.

I know I was at PR on 22nd March 1958 with my dad because that was when my sister was born and the midwife wanted me and dad out of the way.

I have memories of F.A. Cup games against Luton and Peterborough in 1959 and 1960 and the opening of the floodlights at PR in 1960 but most of my real ITFC memories start with 1961/62- but that is another story

Thanks mum (and dad) RIP
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 18:44 - Feb 14 with 2711 viewsMoriarty

Sincere sympathies. May she and your Dad rest in peace.

fka omuircheartaigh

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 18:45 - Feb 14 with 2692 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Condolences PJH.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 18:46 - Feb 14 with 2678 viewsfooters

My condolences to you and yours, PJH. A very respectable innings. Although at the minute you wonder whether it was a blessing or a curse to be introduced to us.

RIP Mother PJH.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 18:46 - Feb 14 with 2672 viewsvapour_trail

Condolences, PJH, lots of love x

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) (n/t) on 18:48 - Feb 14 with 2650 viewsfloridablue

How lucky you were to have 'both' parents take you to your first Portman Road games way back when and still have the memories! I had neither but still enjoyed the journey, apart from...
My condolences.

And to add, my finger pressed the down button by mistake!!!
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 19:26]
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 18:49 - Feb 14 with 2647 viewsSonOfSpock

I am very sorry for your loss.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 18:51 - Feb 14 with 2630 viewsSwansea_Blue

Condolences PJH. Just from seeing the title, I’d assumed she had a good innings as I know you remember us from well before the SBR days. And 95 is indeed a cracking innings.

RIP PJH’s mum.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 18:54 - Feb 14 with 2608 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

Condolences PJH.
Login to get fewer ads

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 18:58 - Feb 14 with 2585 viewsjeera

Sorry to hear of your loss mate.

95 takes some doing, bless her.

It's nice to read that you have such fond memories of them both.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:01 - Feb 14 with 2568 viewsWicklowBlue

Deepest sympathies to you and family PJH. Your parents obviously had great footballing knowledge. Let's hope at some stage our famous club can start climbing back to those lofty heights.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:01 - Feb 14 with 2559 viewsSwailsey

So sorry to hear this.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:06 - Feb 14 with 2537 viewscressi

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:01 - Feb 14 by Swailsey

So sorry to hear this.

I don't know you But my condolences sounds like you had great parents i lost my dad 10yrs ago but have wonderful memories at the football from around 1970 memories last forever.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:09 - Feb 14 with 2512 viewsBlue_Order

Sorry to hear that mate. My thoughts are with you.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:16 - Feb 14 with 2474 viewscarlisleaway

Sincere sympathies PJH, I have a father still alive at 95 who introduced me into football at Portman Road and can well imagine what you are going through
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:18 - Feb 14 with 2451 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry to hear that mate.

RIP.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:20 - Feb 14 with 2445 viewsBloomBlue

Sorry to hear your news PJH, while 95 is a great age that never makes it any easier I know.

Most of my football memories strangely also started around that same 61/62 season, going to football with my Dad and Granddad.

Hope you take time out and remember those great memories, there is certainly something special when you all enjoy it together as a family. That's the same for me these days but now its mostly grandkids & great grandkids and that family experience is probably now more important than the football.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:20 - Feb 14 with 2441 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Condolences for your loss but great memories to have. Clearly moments to be treasured.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:20 - Feb 14 with 2440 viewsGuthrum

Sorry to hear that PJH. Some great memories there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:24 - Feb 14 with 2415 viewsDubtractor

Condolences PJH, and thanks for sharing that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:24 - Feb 14 with 2415 viewseireblue

Condolences PJH, and thanks for sharing your stories.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:30 - Feb 14 with 2384 viewsFixed_It

Sincere condolences. As others have said, thanks for sharing and treasure those memories.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:34 - Feb 14 with 2364 viewsKeno

Thinking of you mate

Not an easy time but enjoy the memories

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:37 - Feb 14 with 2344 viewsDebsyAngel

So very sorry for your loss - may your dear Mum rest in peace xxx
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:38 - Feb 14 with 2341 viewsm14_blue

So sorry to hear that PJH.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:45 - Feb 14 with 2302 viewsbrogansnose

Sorry to hear that PJ. Sincerest condolences.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024