Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) 18:42 - Feb 14 with 4201 viewsPJH

It was not a shock because she had been in hospital for two weeks and we were told on Friday morning that she probably only had hours to go, she was also 95.

The reason that I am posting this at all is because I want to thank her and my late dad (he died 8 years ago next month) for introducing me to ITFC.

I might have discovered ITFC anyway but it helped having club supporting parents.

They first took me when I was aged 3 or 4, it could have been either but my first memory of football (and probably anything else) puts it at that time.

I know I was at PR on 22nd March 1958 with my dad because that was when my sister was born and the midwife wanted me and dad out of the way.

I have memories of F.A. Cup games against Luton and Peterborough in 1959 and 1960 and the opening of the floodlights at PR in 1960 but most of my real ITFC memories start with 1961/62- but that is another story

Thanks mum (and dad) RIP
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:48 - Feb 14 with 930 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Really sorry to hear your news but what a lovely post to remember her and your dad by.

Hope you have friends and family around you at this time.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:56 - Feb 14 with 909 viewsBluebell

So sorry to hear this PJH but what a great age she lived to.

You must have so many happy memories of her and your father and supporting Ipswich with them.

Thinking of you.

RIP your mum.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 20:23 - Feb 14 with 883 viewsBluespeed225

Condolences to you and your family PJH.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 20:30 - Feb 14 with 875 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sincere condolences. Never easy no matter how expected.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 20:34 - Feb 14 with 873 viewsChrisd

Really sorry to read this PJH, thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 20:42 - Feb 14 with 866 viewsChurchman

Sincerest condolences PJH.

I lost my mum aged 92 a few years ago. My feelings were one of thanks for what she did for me and gratitude that she had a long happy and healthy life, bar the last few years. We had a remembrance service for her and it was deliberately set as a celebration of her life, which I know was appropriate. 3 years on, no regrets, just happy memories of her in earlier years, in her prime - and of the consideration people showed to me and my dad during that time.

Good luck with all the things you have to do.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:12 - Feb 14 with 842 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:20 - Feb 14 by BloomBlue

Sorry to hear your news PJH, while 95 is a great age that never makes it any easier I know.

Most of my football memories strangely also started around that same 61/62 season, going to football with my Dad and Granddad.

Hope you take time out and remember those great memories, there is certainly something special when you all enjoy it together as a family. That's the same for me these days but now its mostly grandkids & great grandkids and that family experience is probably now more important than the football.

You have great grandkids Bloomers?1

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:17 - Feb 14 with 828 viewsBluefish

So sorry to hear that PJH, she had a fine innings and clearly had good taste. Thoughta and best wishes to you and all the family

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:29 - Feb 14 with 824 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

95's incredible. And a lovely story too.

Both my parents are still alive but I don't know how I'm going to cope when I lose either. My dad's 84, mum's 75... but other than a nan and a best mate's mum, I haven't really experienced much grief. Never really had pets. I feel like I'm woefully underprepared and given their ages it's one of my biggest fears.

They are really fit and healthy too, both look way younger than their years, but I know they can't go on forever. Sorry, probably shouldn't be sharing this here but it plays on my mind constantly. I guess most of us have to deal with it and so we just do?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:29 - Feb 14 with 820 viewsgainsboroughblue

Thoughts with you PJH.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:30 - Feb 14 with 819 viewsSteve_M

My condolences as well PJH. I hope it’s some consolation to know that she lived a full life and, clearly, impeccable taste.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:38 - Feb 14 with 813 viewsPJH

Thank you so much everyone for your kind messages and support.

As I said, it was expected so we had plenty of time to get used to the idea.

I owe her and my dad a lot so I thought that my post, although a bit self-indulgent, was a good way of expressing my thanks.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:39 - Feb 14 with 809 viewsPJH

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:48 - Feb 14 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Really sorry to hear your news but what a lovely post to remember her and your dad by.

Hope you have friends and family around you at this time.

Thanks for this.

My sister and I are close, literally because she only lives around the corner, and both she and I have our own families and friends.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 802 viewsPJH

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 19:20 - Feb 14 by BloomBlue

Sorry to hear your news PJH, while 95 is a great age that never makes it any easier I know.

Most of my football memories strangely also started around that same 61/62 season, going to football with my Dad and Granddad.

Hope you take time out and remember those great memories, there is certainly something special when you all enjoy it together as a family. That's the same for me these days but now its mostly grandkids & great grandkids and that family experience is probably now more important than the football.

Thanks for this.

It does make 'big' occasions special if you can share it with a family member.
I was with my mum and dad the day we won the title and with my dad and a couple of mates in Amsterdam in 1981.
Having my son with me for the playoff final made that day extra extra special.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:46 - Feb 14 with 799 viewsPJH

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:29 - Feb 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

95's incredible. And a lovely story too.

Both my parents are still alive but I don't know how I'm going to cope when I lose either. My dad's 84, mum's 75... but other than a nan and a best mate's mum, I haven't really experienced much grief. Never really had pets. I feel like I'm woefully underprepared and given their ages it's one of my biggest fears.

They are really fit and healthy too, both look way younger than their years, but I know they can't go on forever. Sorry, probably shouldn't be sharing this here but it plays on my mind constantly. I guess most of us have to deal with it and so we just do?

I am pleased that your parents are at a pretty good age and still healthy-although your mum is not a lot older than me!

My dad got into his 90's and, as you see, my mum got to 95 but I think that if you can look back and have no regrets about things that you have said and done regarding your parents then that is the best that you can hope for.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:58 - Feb 14 with 787 viewscbower

Not much anyone can say other than to offer condolences.

bluescouser

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:59 - Feb 14 with 790 viewsGarv

I don't know you but my thoughts and condolences go out to you and your family. Parents leave behind a legacy and stories like yours are brilliant to read.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 22:01 - Feb 14 with 785 viewsGlasgowBlue

So sorry for your loss. 95 is a wonderful age to achieve, but that doesn’t make the loss any easier and my thoughts are with you PJH.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 22:02 - Feb 14 with 784 viewshoppy

RIP MRS PJH SR

Sorry to hear of your loss, but thanks to them for setting you on your ITFC following days, as those memories, along with your memory have given some incredible stories, none more so re-readable than your memories of Ipswich Town being the champions of England.

Thoughts with you.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 22:05 - Feb 14 with 781 viewsbluelagos

Horrible news. RIP

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 22:38 - Feb 14 with 769 viewswoodbridge_blue

Condolences to you and your family.

Another of the dwindling band of the Woodbridge regulars of the 50s and 60s gone .... can't be that many left now?
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 22:41 - Feb 14 with 764 viewsTheBoyBlue

Sorry to hear that, condolences.

But wonderful memories to have.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 23:00 - Feb 14 with 748 viewsnorth_stand77

Sorry to hear your news PJH, it sounds like you have lots of lovely memories to look back on. Best wishes to you and your family
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 23:33 - Feb 14 with 721 viewsWednesdayJon

So sorry to hear of your loss PJH.

Fantastic for you to have those football memories which include both of your parents.

Sincere condolences to you and your family.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 23:41 - Feb 14 with 717 viewsRyorry

So sorry for your loss PJH, condolences.

You must be one of the longest serving fans on here and therefore seen & been through more than most, so your parents have thus also taught you patience, stoicism & how to take setbacks on the chin, as well as how to enjoy success!

R.I.P. your Mum.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024