Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? 14:58 - Feb 15 with 3764 viewscatch74

Was Evans there?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:01 - Feb 15 with 3439 viewsPhilTWTD

Venus was due to be there. Whether he made it I don't know. Veno wouldn't actually be a bad shout as a next manager, more likely than Mogga.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:14 - Feb 15 with 3342 viewsdirtyboy

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:01 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

Venus was due to be there. Whether he made it I don't know. Veno wouldn't actually be a bad shout as a next manager, more likely than Mogga.

I remember being at White Hart Lane back in 2000 (was it our first game back in the PL? can't quite remember if was first or second) and although we lost 3-1 that goal early on from Venus and how we played really set the tone for the rest of the season. He was a quality player...

Never come away from a loss so happy as I knew immediately we'd survive (although we did better than I could have imagined overall!)

Anyway, I digress with my Venus love affair....is he any good as a manger? lol!
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:15 - Feb 15 with 3320 viewscatch74

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:14 - Feb 15 by dirtyboy

I remember being at White Hart Lane back in 2000 (was it our first game back in the PL? can't quite remember if was first or second) and although we lost 3-1 that goal early on from Venus and how we played really set the tone for the rest of the season. He was a quality player...

Never come away from a loss so happy as I knew immediately we'd survive (although we did better than I could have imagined overall!)

One way to find out ...

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:19 - Feb 15 with 3288 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:20 - Feb 15 with 3291 viewsHullblue

Didn’t realise they were allowing people in - even in a professional capacity. I need to scout us for my Football Manager save so I should be allowed in too, I reckon.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:53 - Feb 15 with 3167 viewsSitfcB

Mowbray under pressure there anyway, soon be sagged.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:01 - Feb 15 with 3130 viewsWestover

When Mark was at Town I would often speak to him in Manningtree he lived in Dedham I believe nice bloke.
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:35 - Feb 15 with 3023 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:14 - Feb 15 by dirtyboy

Wasn't it first goal on first day? Something like that anyway. I think it might even have been first in the league that season, but I've also got an awful memory.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:36 - Feb 15 with 3015 viewstractordownsouth

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:53 - Feb 15 by SitfcB

Not sure if he'd take the Town job but wouldn't mind him here if he's likely to be sacked. But hopefully we have a new man in before that happens.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:41 - Feb 15 with 3002 viewsPhilTWTD

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 15:53 - Feb 15 by SitfcB

They're ninth in the Championship, which I think is pretty good for their expenditure. May be some fans getting frustrated but think it would be a surprise if he was sacked.
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:41 - Feb 15 with 2980 viewsPhilTWTD

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:35 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Wasn't it first goal on first day? Something like that anyway. I think it might even have been first in the league that season, but I've also got an awful memory.

Think you're right.
"Be careful what you wish for" (n/t) on 16:48 - Feb 15 with 2940 viewsBloots

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:41 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

They're ninth in the Championship, which I think is pretty good for their expenditure. May be some fans getting frustrated but think it would be a surprise if he was sacked.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:57 - Feb 15 with 2903 viewsMonkeyAlan

I'd love to see Mogga and Veno take over at Town. But l fear Evans has got a reputation now in football. Yes, he leaves the manager alone but there is no money from him and as manager you are left to do the lot. No help whatsoever.
"Be careful what you wish for" (n/t) on 16:59 - Feb 15 with 2888 viewsPhilTWTD

"Be careful what you wish for" (n/t) on 16:48 - Feb 15 by Bloots

I can't imagine Mogga getting into the sort of rift with fans that MM did. I'm guessing it's just a growth in expectation.
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:01 - Feb 15 with 2888 viewsPhilTWTD

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:01 - Feb 15 by Westover

When Mark was at Town I would often speak to him in Manningtree he lived in Dedham I believe nice bloke.

Indeed, seems a nice bloke. We had him on the Wembley 2000 show we did in May, rang me up once the show was already going having forgotten to get back to me as they'd just restarted training due to the lockdown.
They really missed Dack when he.... on 17:02 - Feb 15 with 2873 viewsBloots

"Be careful what you wish for" (n/t) on 16:59 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

I can't imagine Mogga getting into the sort of rift with fans that MM did. I'm guessing it's just a growth in expectation.

...was injured.

He's come back now but they haven't seen the expected upturn in performances.

TWTD when we were linked with players like that.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:06 - Feb 15 with 2848 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:41 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

Think you're right.

A rare moment on TWTD (or anywhere else if I'm honest).

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:19 - Feb 15 with 2783 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:01 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, seems a nice bloke. We had him on the Wembley 2000 show we did in May, rang me up once the show was already going having forgotten to get back to me as they'd just restarted training due to the lockdown.

I suspect it's quite hard to underestimate the impact a decent guy with connections to the club would have on moral around the place. That was always my problem with Keane; he may have got Sunderland up, but his character was the wrong fit for our normally friendly, sleepy club. Nobody else since Magilton has ticked both of those boxes and I'm a bit surprised by that. Someone like Mogga, Veno or Dyer would be a fairly easy win for Evans (they'd still have to deliver of course).

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:33 - Feb 15 with 2748 viewsPhilTWTD

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:19 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect it's quite hard to underestimate the impact a decent guy with connections to the club would have on moral around the place. That was always my problem with Keane; he may have got Sunderland up, but his character was the wrong fit for our normally friendly, sleepy club. Nobody else since Magilton has ticked both of those boxes and I'm a bit surprised by that. Someone like Mogga, Veno or Dyer would be a fairly easy win for Evans (they'd still have to deliver of course).

Indeed, I think Kieron of Veno as manager would go a very long way towards improving the general mood among the support and probably do a lot to prevent what currently seems likely to be a collapse in season ticket sales.

Conversely, picking the wrong manager, someone who instils little excitement in the support, will probably just make matters worse.
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:49 - Feb 15 with 2698 viewsKeno

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:33 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I think Kieron of Veno as manager would go a very long way towards improving the general mood among the support and probably do a lot to prevent what currently seems likely to be a collapse in season ticket sales.

Conversely, picking the wrong manager, someone who instils little excitement in the support, will probably just make matters worse.

So Megson it will be then

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 18:00 - Feb 15 with 2676 viewsgazzer1999

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 16:57 - Feb 15 by MonkeyAlan

I'd love to see Mogga and Veno take over at Town. But l fear Evans has got a reputation now in football. Yes, he leaves the manager alone but there is no money from him and as manager you are left to do the lot. No help whatsoever.

It's not always about money, the test of a good coach is how you do just that coach. Lambert has clearly shown that to be an area he is clearly lacking. Remember you can buy a team or you can coach a team, I think Sir Bobby clearly sits in the coach a team, even though he had to wheel and deal a little to get the balance right. Not many modern managers actually know how to coach a team all they have to do is buy their way. Frank Lampard, Bryan Robson just 2 examples where you give them money to buy good players, you don't need to coach them, however when the results stop coming thats when the real coaching comes in and how to get them performing. Mick Mac was a guy that was able to do it in a limited way.
Lambert will never repeat what he did up the road as all his recent appointments prove, why he was deemed the man to take us forward only Evans knows. Trace it back to Jim, he with some additional help would have taken us further forward, but Evans and his advisors went for the publicity of a trophy boss and here we are today.
They really missed Dack when he.... on 18:32 - Feb 15 with 2605 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They really missed Dack when he.... on 17:02 - Feb 15 by Bloots

...was injured.

He's come back now but they haven't seen the expected upturn in performances.

TWTD when we were linked with players like that.

Not sure what sort of upturn in performance someone is expecting but he played 72 minutes in a draw with Stoke, came on for 30 minutes in the 2-0 win over Birmingham and both of the 1-0 wins v Middlesborough and Luton and then played 90 minutes on Saturday.

That is the last 5 matches he has been involved in and they have taken 10 points from.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 18:57 - Feb 15 with 2542 viewsPhilTWTD

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 18:00 - Feb 15 by gazzer1999

It's not always about money, the test of a good coach is how you do just that coach. Lambert has clearly shown that to be an area he is clearly lacking. Remember you can buy a team or you can coach a team, I think Sir Bobby clearly sits in the coach a team, even though he had to wheel and deal a little to get the balance right. Not many modern managers actually know how to coach a team all they have to do is buy their way. Frank Lampard, Bryan Robson just 2 examples where you give them money to buy good players, you don't need to coach them, however when the results stop coming thats when the real coaching comes in and how to get them performing. Mick Mac was a guy that was able to do it in a limited way.
Lambert will never repeat what he did up the road as all his recent appointments prove, why he was deemed the man to take us forward only Evans knows. Trace it back to Jim, he with some additional help would have taken us further forward, but Evans and his advisors went for the publicity of a trophy boss and here we are today.

It is often forgotten that ME gave Jim another contract, so didn't immediately go down the 'trophy' manager route.

Mogga also came very close to being appointed manager here around eight months or so before Keane was sacked. At the time Mogga was still being paid by Celtic and the proposed deal broke down.
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 19:08 - Feb 15 with 2487 viewsgazzer1999

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 18:57 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

It is often forgotten that ME gave Jim another contract, so didn't immediately go down the 'trophy' manager route.

Mogga also came very close to being appointed manager here around eight months or so before Keane was sacked. At the time Mogga was still being paid by Celtic and the proposed deal broke down.

I think Sheepy was still here and still maybe advising back then. What had Jim really done wrong? The last manager to put one over that lot up the road, a real damming statistic. The dark lord was always going to end in tears, and now lambo is completing the job of his assistant.
Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 19:27 - Feb 15 with 2413 viewslazyblue

Mowbray coming to Shrews to look at Dozzell!? on 17:33 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

However I think until fans are back at Portman road an appt like Dyer/Mogga or Veno would be wasted at this time as imagine the noise if they walked out for the first in front of fans. It would help immensely to get them off to a good start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024