Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine 09:23 - Feb 16 with 520 viewsNeedhamChris

I really don't understand this, does it make sense to anyone else?

It's one thing not seeming to understand that connecting flights exist, but to know that someone has come from a red list area via Dublin and call it a 'mistake' that they've been included in the quarantine seems barmy to me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56078511

I trust the government on the vaccine delivery and they should be applauded, but I don't trust them at all not to undermine it completely by allowing new variants to come in and mutate.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 09:33 - Feb 16 with 485 viewsParsley

This loophole needs to be closed. If people can book an indirect flight and isolate at home rather than paying £1,750 for a quarantine hotel then it's going to be exploited.
Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 10:19 - Feb 16 with 454 viewsBasuco

And you are surprised at this? Government policy is a complete shambles under Johnson, the vaccine roll out is under the direction of the NHS (unless I am mistaken) and it has gone well, which is no surprise.
Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 11:31 - Feb 16 with 424 viewsNeedhamChris

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 09:33 - Feb 16 by Parsley

This loophole needs to be closed. If people can book an indirect flight and isolate at home rather than paying £1,750 for a quarantine hotel then it's going to be exploited.

Agreed.

Whilst anything is a story - I'm not sure highlighting this to all is particularly repsonsible journalism either to be honest.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 11:40 - Feb 16 with 412 viewsGuthrum

Is there the hotel space to quarantine all travellers arriving in the UK, which has not only Heathrow, but a number of other extremely busy airports?

One would also presume that the entry forms specify the original country from which they set out, not a connecting airport - and thus be subject to the penalties for lying if the former was concealed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 11:44 - Feb 16 with 403 viewslongtimefan

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 09:33 - Feb 16 by Parsley

Surely this is only a loophole from Scotland’s perspective. If these people had arrived in England then they would just need to quarantine at home as they had not travelled from a red listed country, regardless of their stop in Dublin. It’s the fact that Scotland had insisted on quarantining travellers from all countries, bar Ireland and the rest of the UK that has created a loophole just for them.
Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 11:49 - Feb 16 with 390 viewsIpswichKnight

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 11:40 - Feb 16 by Guthrum

Is there the hotel space to quarantine all travellers arriving in the UK, which has not only Heathrow, but a number of other extremely busy airports?

One would also presume that the entry forms specify the original country from which they set out, not a connecting airport - and thus be subject to the penalties for lying if the former was concealed.

Correct it’s £500 I think, someone got caught yesterday in the first arrivals doing exactly that ( no surprise they came from Dubai and claimed to have boarded in Paris and also for added lol’s they claimed not to have known as they‘ve not watched any news for last 6 months ).

The list for airport’s are London, Birmingham and my local Farnborough ( the aviator is a proper good hotel, the village is ok but nothing special! )
Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 13:56 - Feb 16 with 362 viewsElderGrizzly

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 11:40 - Feb 16 by Guthrum

This is accurate.

Where you've been in the last 14 days is important and that includes the transfer airport if that was Dubai/Abu Dhabi or any other red list country.

Breaking your journey in Dublin doesn't work.

Edit: I'm talking about England here, not Scotland which make up their own rules.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 13:57]
Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 13:58 - Feb 16 with 356 viewsbluelagos

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 13:56 - Feb 16 by ElderGrizzly

This is accurate.

Where you've been in the last 14 days is important and that includes the transfer airport if that was Dubai/Abu Dhabi or any other red list country.

Breaking your journey in Dublin doesn't work.

Edit: I'm talking about England here, not Scotland which make up their own rules.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 13:57]

That seems at odds with the reported story in the OP.

Confused...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 14:02 - Feb 16 with 350 viewsElderGrizzly

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 13:58 - Feb 16 by bluelagos

That seems at odds with the reported story in the OP.

Confused...

Scotland's rules are different.

In England, anybody who was in any of the 33 red-list countries must declare it in their passenger locator form even if they did not come directly from there.

Lying about it is liable to the 10 year prison sentence
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 14:03]
Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 14:15 - Feb 16 with 329 viewsbluelagos

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 14:02 - Feb 16 by ElderGrizzly

Scotland's rules are different.

In England, anybody who was in any of the 33 red-list countries must declare it in their passenger locator form even if they did not come directly from there.

Lying about it is liable to the 10 year prison sentence
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 14:03]

Cheers.

"Liable" - as in "not remotely going to happen, but serves the purpose to deterring many whilst simultaneously giving Priti's fanbase a boner" ?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 14:17 - Feb 16 with 319 viewsElderGrizzly

Direct/Indirect Flights quarantine on 14:15 - Feb 16 by bluelagos

Cheers.

"Liable" - as in "not remotely going to happen, but serves the purpose to deterring many whilst simultaneously giving Priti's fanbase a boner" ?

Absolutely. She'll be tempting some to lie like the Pied Piper simply to make an example
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024