Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could he really survive defeat tonight? 11:10 - Feb 16 with 1814 viewsGeoffSentence

Well, to answer my own question he obvioulsy could given that Evans as stuck with him against the odds thus far. But defeat to Northampton, who are cack, at home, on top of everything else, surely that would make Evans think seriously about what is happeing here. Wouldn't it?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:12 - Feb 16 with 1792 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yes, he could.
No, it wouldn't

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:12 - Feb 16 with 1793 viewsBlueBadger

Evans is a man who once sacked a manager after beating Norwich. There is quite frequently very little logic to his decisions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:16 - Feb 16 with 1768 viewsRadlett_blue

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:12 - Feb 16 by BlueBadger

Evans is a man who once sacked a manager after beating Norwich. There is quite frequently very little logic to his decisions.

Sacking or not sacking a manager on the basis of one game is rarely logical.
In the case of Jim, Evans had pretty much made up his mind & the timing was influenced by Keane agreeing to take the job & the likelihood of this leaking out into the media.
A defeat (or even a failure to win) tonight would rightly be seen as the final nail in Lambert's coffin, but I reckon Evans will have to wait for the play offs to be mathematically unattainable so that he can fire Lambert without paying off his contract.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:18 - Feb 16 with 1733 viewsStokieBlue

Northampton are very poor.

If you fancy it they are 4.75 to win, even the bookies think we can beat them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:20 - Feb 16 with 1724 viewsRadlett_blue

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:18 - Feb 16 by StokieBlue

SB

Even I'm expecting a win for Town. Could be an ugly game if we don't score in the first half hour, though.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:24 - Feb 16 with 1696 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm afraid I can see us winning , which sounds pretty bizarre to say in the sense that I want him gone ASAP but tonight will just drag it out even further .... then again I don't actually think a defeat would make any difference anyway

Poll: If it were one or the other

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 12:48 - Feb 16 with 1599 viewsTieDyedIn95

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:24 - Feb 16 by Metal_Hacker

I'm afraid I can see us winning , which sounds pretty bizarre to say in the sense that I want him gone ASAP but tonight will just drag it out even further .... then again I don't actually think a defeat would make any difference anyway

"Lads were still emotionally traumatized after the BlueAction terrorist attack on Playford Road, they did well to even play, terrific."

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 12:53 - Feb 16 with 1577 viewsKieran_Knows

As Joe said yesterday, routine 2-0 win tonight, followed by 1-0 defeat on the weekend. Just enough to keep PL in his job longer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 12:54 - Feb 16 with 1574 viewsBlueandTruesince82

No.

Yet alao somehow yes... apparently.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 12:55 - Feb 16 with 1570 viewslambchoppywaters

The nature of protests against Lambert means it won't happen. Only vast numbers cancelling ST's can work. The strategy employed by the idiots who claim to love the club has been pathetic.
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 12:58 - Feb 16 with 1553 viewsSomethingBlue

No chance. Shouldn't survive a draw either but those seem acceptable now.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:00 - Feb 16 with 1544 viewsHerbivore

I honestly think he's here for a while yet even if we do somehow lose tonight. That might change if we got embarrassed, a heavy home defeat to Northampton would surely have to shift the immovable object that is Marcus Evans. However the likelihood of us losing, let alone losing in humiliating fashion, looks pretty remote. Northampton are utterly hopeless and as poor as we've been under Lambert it is unusual for us to lose this sort of game. The gulf in quality between the two sides is pretty cast, regardless of the manager.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 13:08]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:06 - Feb 16 with 1521 viewsRegencyBlue

Evans will use the sacking to try and rescue a season ticket renewal campaign which at the moment has the possibility of being a complete disaster.

He’s got a few weeks yet!
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:12 - Feb 16 with 1487 viewsBeckets

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 11:18 - Feb 16 by StokieBlue

SB

The odds on Northampton are shortening slightly. I got on them at 19/5 yesterday.
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:22 - Feb 16 with 1457 viewsEireannach_gorm

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:00 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

I honestly think he's here for a while yet even if we do somehow lose tonight. That might change if we got embarrassed, a heavy home defeat to Northampton would surely have to shift the immovable object that is Marcus Evans. However the likelihood of us losing, let alone losing in humiliating fashion, looks pretty remote. Northampton are utterly hopeless and as poor as we've been under Lambert it is unusual for us to lose this sort of game. The gulf in quality between the two sides is pretty cast, regardless of the manager.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 13:08]

Parrot on his own would beat them. Which means we will rest him.
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:34 - Feb 16 with 1418 viewsMonkeyAlan

Yes he will. Because Evans is being an obstinate pig.
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:39 - Feb 16 with 1395 viewsmrshallisfit

He can survive pretty much anything with Timmy Tosspot as our owner.
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:51 - Feb 16 with 1358 viewsOsborneOneNil

Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 13:12 - Feb 16 by Beckets

The odds on Northampton are shortening slightly. I got on them at 19/5 yesterday.

4/1 on PP
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 14:14 - Feb 16 with 1308 viewsoldburian

Lambert will not go until there is no chance of promotion thus satisfying the contract details. Lambert knows he is finished as a Manager in the game and will cling on to obtain the best pay off. Just follow his team selections especially the last match, they were crazy as Ferguson implied.
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 14:16 - Feb 16 with 1299 viewsElderGrizzly

Odds on commentators using phrases such as:

"They've got fire in their belly"
"No smoke without fire"
"Player x is on fire tonight"

etc etc
Could he really survive defeat tonight? on 14:18 - Feb 16 with 1290 viewsMrTown

It's not season ticket renewals yet so he won't leave.

It doesn't matter what happens now, we aren't going up, we aren't going down.

All games remaining are just dead rubbers.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024