Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All over Talksport again... 11:50 - Feb 16 with 5190 viewsBloots

....Simon Jordan

"Ipswich is a great club" he knows Evans, he's very "affluent"

Doesn't understand why Evans bought Ipswich, didn't make economic sense.

Clegg didn't fit in with the football "crowd"

Fans should have "been careful what they wished for" (classic)

Lambert doesn't motivate anyone, plus he's ex Norwich

"ITFC are a poor imitation of what they used to be"

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

All over Talksport again... on 11:52 - Feb 16 with 3996 viewsMetal_Hacker

Gaining momentum ....or is that wishful thinking ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

All over Talksport again... on 11:52 - Feb 16 with 3988 viewsfooters

Feels like forever ago that we were given such high profile media attention, so well done BA for getting the ball rolling and making some noise on behalf of us. We've been so dull in recent years it's really not all that surprising, but good to see national outfits talking about us again. Just hope Evans is listening.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

All over Talksport again... on 11:53 - Feb 16 with 3978 viewsIpswichKnight

Apart from BCFWYWF it’s hard not to disagree on any of that.
All over Talksport again... on 11:55 - Feb 16 with 3925 viewstomo

Correct on all points
All over Talksport again... on 11:57 - Feb 16 with 3894 viewschicoazul

Much as I hate that mans public persona (and hair) I have to say he’s bang on here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 11:59 - Feb 16 with 3851 viewsBloots

All over Talksport again... on 11:57 - Feb 16 by chicoazul

Much as I hate that mans public persona (and hair) I have to say he’s bang on here.

...on most things football admin related.

As you say, despite the hair.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Feels like it.... on 12:00 - Feb 16 with 3807 viewsBloots

All over Talksport again... on 11:52 - Feb 16 by Metal_Hacker

Gaining momentum ....or is that wishful thinking ?

...the good thing about Talksport, in this instance, is that the topics are so repetitive that each show goes over the same thing.

So it will keep getting covered.

All over Talksport again... on 12:01 - Feb 16 with 3774 viewsOsborneOneNil

All over Talksport again... on 11:57 - Feb 16 by chicoazul

I think he's sound, talks a lot of sense.

Mind you, he'd eat himself if he was made of chocolate.
Login to get fewer ads

Feels like it.... on 12:07 - Feb 16 with 3683 viewsMetal_Hacker

Feels like it.... on 12:00 - Feb 16 by Bloots

...the good thing about Talksport, in this instance, is that the topics are so repetitive that each show goes over the same thing.

So it will keep getting covered.

In normal circumstance I'm usually in my car all day driving around different parts of Yorkshire listening to the radio and TalkSport quite a bit so have to agree. Once Jim (ever so slightly annoying ) White gets his teeth into something he does become like a broken record

For once I hope he continues in this instance , one because I'm not currently driving all over all day and two because I want rid of this Joker once and for all

As they say at the well known supermarket "Every Little Helps "
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 12:09]

Poll: If it were one or the other

All over Talksport again... on 12:09 - Feb 16 with 3663 viewsPhilTWTD

Of course it made economic sense. In 2008 when the plan was to spend money and get promoted and then presumably sell the club on at a profit.
Jim White is dreadful.... on 12:10 - Feb 16 with 3617 viewsBloots

Feels like it.... on 12:07 - Feb 16 by Metal_Hacker

In normal circumstance I'm usually in my car all day driving around different parts of Yorkshire listening to the radio and TalkSport quite a bit so have to agree. Once Jim (ever so slightly annoying ) White gets his teeth into something he does become like a broken record

For once I hope he continues in this instance , one because I'm not currently driving all over all day and two because I want rid of this Joker once and for all

As they say at the well known supermarket "Every Little Helps "
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 12:09]

....thinks he's everyone's mate.

Constantly name dropping and bum licking.

But, as you say, I'll put up with it this time.

Lambert out.

I think his point was that..... on 12:13 - Feb 16 with 3586 viewsBloots

All over Talksport again... on 12:09 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

Of course it made economic sense. In 2008 when the plan was to spend money and get promoted and then presumably sell the club on at a profit.

....it might have made economic sense to Evans, but not anyone else.

He said that Evans was a ruthless businessman and inferred that buying ITFC was not his usual Modus Operandi.

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:14 - Feb 16 with 3531 viewsKeno

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 11:59 - Feb 16 by Bloots

...on most things football admin related.

As you say, despite the hair.

he is the guy that was knobbing Susanna Reid a while back?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:16 - Feb 16 with 3490 viewsIP4_Blue

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:14 - Feb 16 by Keno

he is the guy that was knobbing Susanna Reid a while back?

No cant remember the guys name that was
Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:17 - Feb 16 with 3463 viewshype313

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:16 - Feb 16 by IP4_Blue

No cant remember the guys name that was

Steve Parish, the current Palace Chairman

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:19 - Feb 16 with 3423 viewsKeno

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:17 - Feb 16 by hype313

what is it with Palace chairman and hair??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I think his point was that..... on 12:20 - Feb 16 with 3413 viewsPhilTWTD

I think his point was that..... on 12:13 - Feb 16 by Bloots

....it might have made economic sense to Evans, but not anyone else.

He said that Evans was a ruthless businessman and inferred that buying ITFC was not his usual Modus Operandi.

I'm not sure about that, I think buying a club, spending it to get promoted and then selling it at a higher value - which I think is what most presumed the plan was - was a model which made sense, even if there was risk.

Continuing to own the club after 13 years of toil, struggle and ongoing outlay is what makes less sense and the only explanation I've had from those that know Marcus is that there's a determination to get it right.
Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:20 - Feb 16 with 3396 viewsIP4_Blue

Annoyingly, he usually right.... on 12:17 - Feb 16 by hype313

Thanks!
All over Talksport again... on 12:20 - Feb 16 with 3394 viewsSparky85

All over Talksport again... on 11:53 - Feb 16 by IpswichKnight

Apart from BCFWYWF it’s hard not to disagree on any of that.

What outsiders don't seem to grasp on this is that is it ME's fault on the 'be careful what you wish for comment'.

ME saw Ipswich as a quick fix, threw money at RK and got his hands burned

He then allowed Jewell to pay silly money for journeymen

MM was the right appointment (for once) at the right time, to save us from what looked like nailed on relegation. He failed to back MM when we were top, allowing only 1 loan signing (Jonny Williams) and we then lost in the payoffs.

His continual failing to back MM meant that McCarthy had to rely on astute signings and boring football to keep us competitive in the division. This then drove us fans to want MM out.

Hurst and Lambert again poor appointments.

Its a continual demise under his ownership and has lead us to where we are now. Yes managers get the flack and in most cases rightly so. But it is ME and him alone who has put us in this position with continual failings in appointments (both manager and senior staff) and backing of said managers.

Jordan got it spot on about his losses in running a football club. This is the burden you take on when buying a club. You're not in it to make money. So this, in my mind, is not a valid argument for ME failing to act now or for past failures.
All over Talksport again... on 12:21 - Feb 16 with 3379 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I really do not like Simon Jordan.

Which probably makes him the sort of person ME would listen to!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

All over Talksport again... on 12:22 - Feb 16 with 3345 viewsTieDyedIn95

All over Talksport again... on 12:09 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

It would have made more economic sense to have bought us in 2005 before all our best players left, then he'd have had to invested a lot less to get us up.

Waiting until 2008 when we were running of fumes and were still being propped up by a few good men, but with a largely average side, to buy it sums up Evans entirely!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

All over Talksport again... on 12:23 - Feb 16 with 3327 viewsAlan_Handsome

like a Poundland Newcastle, aren't we :-(

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

All over Talksport again... on 12:26 - Feb 16 with 3284 viewsChrisd

I appreciate Jordan isn't everybody's cup of tea, but personally I like what he has to say with most things. In our case he's spot on. Most outsiders are seeing us for what we really are, but our owner and manager just carry on as if there isn't a problem. There's no doubt we are a complete mess, it would just be nice to have an owner with ambition and a plan and a manager that wants the best for the club. Unfortunately, for us we have neither!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I think his point was that..... on 12:28 - Feb 16 with 3236 viewshaynes_toe1

I think his point was that..... on 12:20 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

I'm not sure about that, I think buying a club, spending it to get promoted and then selling it at a higher value - which I think is what most presumed the plan was - was a model which made sense, even if there was risk.

Continuing to own the club after 13 years of toil, struggle and ongoing outlay is what makes less sense and the only explanation I've had from those that know Marcus is that there's a determination to get it right.

"the only explanation I've had from those that know Marcus is that there's a determination to get it right."

Well, that's gone well.
I think his point was that..... on 12:30 - Feb 16 with 3190 viewsjeera

I think his point was that..... on 12:20 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

"determination to get it right."

He's just taking his time over it.

Can someone remind him that we're not getting any younger maybe?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024