Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attn; Blue Action 12:06 - Feb 16 with 2759 viewschicoazul

Never apologise, never explain. It’ll never be enough for these people. You have every right to protest.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Attn; Blue Action on 12:09 - Feb 16 with 1995 viewsWallingford_Boy

According to the Sky report, they already have apologised.

RIP Sir Bobby

Attn; Blue Action on 12:14 - Feb 16 with 1973 viewsblueislander

If you inadvertently damage someone’s property, or , even worse cause injury to someone with your actions, is it not basic politeness to apologise.
Attn; Blue Action on 12:17 - Feb 16 with 1941 viewschicoazul

Attn; Blue Action on 12:14 - Feb 16 by blueislander

If you inadvertently damage someone’s property, or , even worse cause injury to someone with your actions, is it not basic politeness to apologise.

On an individual basis yes. If I reverse into my neighbours car I apologise, but that is then the end of the matter. The club and it’s senior staff will use this as another stick to beat supporters with & as a chance to shift blame, we have seen Evans do this already. If they have apologised as Wallers says then they shouldn’t have.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Attn; Blue Action on 12:22 - Feb 16 with 1890 viewsblueislander

Attn; Blue Action on 12:17 - Feb 16 by chicoazul

On an individual basis yes. If I reverse into my neighbours car I apologise, but that is then the end of the matter. The club and it’s senior staff will use this as another stick to beat supporters with & as a chance to shift blame, we have seen Evans do this already. If they have apologised as Wallers says then they shouldn’t have.

That is a big assumption. Any evidence of it yet?
Attn; Blue Action on 12:23 - Feb 16 with 1893 viewslambchoppywaters

These people need to grow up. The fact that people are openly backing their behaviour also devalues this forum and adds fuel to the fire regarding presser bans etc. Its all a little tedious and pathetic.
Attn; Blue Action on 12:24 - Feb 16 with 1881 viewsbobbyramsey

Apologise if damage has been caused but never apologise for your principles.
Attn; Blue Action on 12:24 - Feb 16 with 1882 viewsTieDyedIn95

Attn; Blue Action on 12:22 - Feb 16 by blueislander

That is a big assumption. Any evidence of it yet?

I'd like to see some evidence of this huge amount of damage they apparently caused when they "started a fire" at the clubs training ground.

Or wasn't there any?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Attn; Blue Action on 12:26 - Feb 16 with 1858 viewsIllinoisblue

Attn; Blue Action on 12:23 - Feb 16 by lambchoppywaters

These people need to grow up. The fact that people are openly backing their behaviour also devalues this forum and adds fuel to the fire regarding presser bans etc. Its all a little tedious and pathetic.

Along came the budgie

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Attn; Blue Action on 12:26 - Feb 16 with 1846 viewsjeera

You most certainly are.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Attn; Blue Action on 12:28 - Feb 16 with 1837 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

You still here?
Attn; Blue Action on 12:28 - Feb 16 with 1830 viewslambchoppywaters

Attn; Blue Action on 12:26 - Feb 16 by jeera

You most certainly are.

Property damage and trespass. Go figure
Attn; Blue Action on 12:29 - Feb 16 with 1822 viewsjeera

Attn; Blue Action on 12:26 - Feb 16 by Illinoisblue

Along came the budgie

At least that 'Mr Town' makes an effort.

It's irritating but the dedication is there.

But this one is on a level of that pigeon who just got banned.

Say something dull and stupid and stick with it no matter what.

Attn; Blue Action on 12:29 - Feb 16 with 1811 viewsjeera

Attn; Blue Action on 12:28 - Feb 16 by lambchoppywaters

Property damage and trespass. Go figure

Hush now.

Attn; Blue Action on 12:33 - Feb 16 with 1777 viewsbluewein

I hate half term...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Attn; Blue Action on 12:34 - Feb 16 with 1766 viewsHighgateBlue

Attn; Blue Action on 12:14 - Feb 16 by blueislander

This is self-evidently true, and I can't believe how many on here disagree.

But I would go further. You say "inadvertently". But any old idiot could see that there's a risk of causing damage or injury when you deliberately choose to set off flares. There is a reason why there is legislation limiting their use. I totally agree with Blue Action that Lambert must go, and I totally support their right to protest.

But starting fires? Really? I'm not suggesting that a repeat of the Valley Parade fire was likely (in which over 50 people were killed in a fire at that football ground caused by a cigarette butt), but people do need to engage their brains...
Attn; Blue Action on 12:36 - Feb 16 with 1738 viewsjeera

Attn; Blue Action on 12:34 - Feb 16 by HighgateBlue

But I would go further. You say "inadvertently". But any old idiot could see that there's a risk of causing damage or injury when you deliberately choose to set off flares. There is a reason why there is legislation limiting their use. I totally agree with Blue Action that Lambert must go, and I totally support their right to protest.

But starting fires? Really? I'm not suggesting that a repeat of the Valley Parade fire was likely (in which over 50 people were killed in a fire at that football ground caused by a cigarette butt), but people do need to engage their brains...

I think a chunk of the argument is the definition of fire here.

Was there actually a fire?

Or did a bit of rag burn a little bit?

Like you say yourself, this wasn't a Molotov cocktail was it? This was a bit of smoke at the absolute perimeter of some open ground.

Attn; Blue Action on 12:47 - Feb 16 with 1681 viewslambchoppywaters

Attn; Blue Action on 12:36 - Feb 16 by jeera

I think a chunk of the argument is the definition of fire here.

Was there actually a fire?

Or did a bit of rag burn a little bit?

Like you say yourself, this wasn't a Molotov cocktail was it? This was a bit of smoke at the absolute perimeter of some open ground.

If you left a burning rag on my land and were caught you would be hearing from my solicitor. The incident could presumably have led to the involvement of emergency services such as the fire brigade and or the police. Which part of that can't you understand?
Attn; Blue Action on 12:56 - Feb 16 with 1622 viewsSitfcB

Attn; Blue Action on 12:09 - Feb 16 by Wallingford_Boy

According to the Sky report, they already have apologised.

They got that from the Daily Mail. Club have said that but it’s a lie.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Attn; Blue Action on 13:05 - Feb 16 with 1554 viewsSuperblue95

Attn; Blue Action on 12:17 - Feb 16 by chicoazul

I’d want a bit more than just an apology if you reversed into my car!

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Attn; Blue Action on 13:06 - Feb 16 with 1552 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Presuming they have not already apologised (i.e. the club is lying) and presuming they did not chuck flares over the fence and set fire to signage (again if the club is lying), then they should issue a public statement to the Mail, TalkSport and Sky stating:

"There was an incident at Playford Road training ground yesterday that has been misreported. No flares were thrown and signage was not damaged. At no time was the safety of any club employees put at risk. Despite a message from the football club to the contrary, Blue Action has not apologised for its actions yesterday. The action was taken in response to Marcus Evans continued failure to act in relation to the manager.

Paul Lambert's management has taken Ipswich Town backwards over the last 2 and a quarter years. Whilst Marcus Evans appears happy to carry a squad of more than 50 players to mid table in League 1 with form on a downward trajectory, we do not believe this is the position Ipswich Town Football Club should be aspiring to. Our desire to see Ipswich competitive in this league has led to our call for the owner to act."

Or something along those lines.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Attn; Blue Action on 13:06 - Feb 16 with 1548 viewsMoriarty

Attn; Blue Action on 12:47 - Feb 16 by lambchoppywaters

If you left a burning rag on my land and were caught you would be hearing from my solicitor. The incident could presumably have led to the involvement of emergency services such as the fire brigade and or the police. Which part of that can't you understand?

If and when your local solicitor gets a break from advising you and his/her clients on relationships forbidden by law, he might inform you that the law concerns itself with facts, not what iffs. So when you talk about “could presumably” you’re simply adding to your stockpile of BS.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 13:17]

fka omuircheartaigh

Attn; Blue Action on 13:08 - Feb 16 with 1534 viewschicoazul

Attn; Blue Action on 12:34 - Feb 16 by HighgateBlue

This is an apples and oranges comparison.

Attn; Blue Action on 13:11 - Feb 16 with 1500 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Attn; Blue Action on 12:56 - Feb 16 by SitfcB

They got that from the Daily Mail. Club have said that but it’s a lie.

Hence why Blue Action should contact the media who are reporting this with a clear statement pointing out each of the lies the club is publishing (unless, of course, they are true).

I am fed up with people at our club thinking they can say what they want to be true as truth when it clearly is untrue.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Attn; Blue Action on 13:11 - Feb 16 with 1498 viewsSuperCoops

Have Blue Action came out to deny or admit there was some sort of "fire" or anything other than waving a few flares around? Were any thrown? I'm aware the club and press are saying they did, but there's two sides to this and I'd be interested to hear BA's reply to these allegations.
Attn; Blue Action on 13:12 - Feb 16 with 1487 viewsDubtractor

Attn; Blue Action on 13:08 - Feb 16 by chicoazul

This is an apples and oranges comparison.

More like apples and submarines tbh.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024