Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. 13:00 - Feb 16 with 914 viewsTieDyedIn95

[img] https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5d016ee42500004e12def801.jpeg?ops=scalefit_ [/img]

I am not one who usually think ex-players are the way forward, it really only worked with Burley here but equally I am not that impressed with the sorts of managers we could potentially attract at this stage in the season anyway.

My logic is, we should be safe, Dyer would clearly want it but doesn't have the experience over other candidates, so why not give him a chance for a run at Playoffs with Butcher/Klug in supporting roles? If he makes it, he's got the job, if not we can look for someone else in the close season and Dyer will have something on his C.V. he can take to another club and start his managerial career proper there as that's something he clearly wants to do.

I know that might not as popular as the Cowleys, Cook and so on. but we cannot keep Lambert much longer and it does look like something we could do, and give Dyer a good chance to do something with his managerial career by offering him that chance. He knows the players we have, knows the club, has played under Sir Bobby and Sir George (one day...) and has played with everyone from John Wark to Alan Shearer, has played for England and in the top flight. He could be a inspired choice.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 13:00]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:05 - Feb 16 with 862 viewsjayessess

Far better than leaving Lambert in post, certainly.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:07 - Feb 16 with 848 viewsCoco

It's Northampton Town FC at home. We won't lose this and we plod on.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:15 - Feb 16 with 800 viewsclive_baker

What's stopping us putting Dyer and Butcher in charge of the senior side and making Lambert and Taylor take charge of the U21's for the rest of the season? The salary bill remains unchanged, and it might even force Lambert to jump due to the embarrassment. There must be something in his contract along the lines of 'requiring the Employee to perform additional or other duties'. Or if that's not possible from a legal stand point, can't we at least promote Dyer to work alongside Lambert, to give him some 'help'. If I were ME I would start publicly making Lambert look as ridiculous as he has been making ME look.

His position is untenable already, we might as well try and get him out as cheaply as possible. Lambert will want to save some face.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:22 - Feb 16 with 745 viewsSomethingBlue

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:15 - Feb 16 by clive_baker

What's stopping us putting Dyer and Butcher in charge of the senior side and making Lambert and Taylor take charge of the U21's for the rest of the season? The salary bill remains unchanged, and it might even force Lambert to jump due to the embarrassment. There must be something in his contract along the lines of 'requiring the Employee to perform additional or other duties'. Or if that's not possible from a legal stand point, can't we at least promote Dyer to work alongside Lambert, to give him some 'help'. If I were ME I would start publicly making Lambert look as ridiculous as he has been making ME look.

His position is untenable already, we might as well try and get him out as cheaply as possible. Lambert will want to save some face.

I suspect that's a constructive dismissal claim. Be good to keep Dyer heavily involved whoever ends up being in charge though, for sure.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:30 - Feb 16 with 700 viewstractorboy1978

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:15 - Feb 16 by clive_baker

I'd imagine Dyer doesn't want to be anywhere near/associated with Lambert.

I think everyone would get behind Kieron. If he gets the job it needs to be with no strings attached - he has to be in control/given freedom to appoint who he wants to assist him, not treated as if we are doing him a favour. He knows the club inside out, has the respect of the young players coming through, respect of the staff in/around the academy, a thick contacts book and you'd imagine already has his own ideas about what he'd do with the first team. There is a lot to like.
If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:40 - Feb 16 with 665 viewsRadlett_blue

I don't think Bryan Klug wants direct involvement in running the first team, except on a very temporary basis. One of the worst things that happened in the reign of the Dark Lord (and there were many bad things) was Klug's sacking as Academy director.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:46 - Feb 16 with 631 viewsMetal_Hacker

What could be worse 🤷🏻‍♂️

Poll: If it were one or the other

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 15:45 - Feb 16 with 529 viewsJ2BLUE

IF there is a promotion/play off break clause in his contract then he won't be going anywhere until that is activated. If we sacked him now or put him on gardening leave he wouldn't have had the opportunity to hit his target and we would owe him his entire contract.

I'm speculating but there's seemingly a large amount of people who believe there is a break clause while also believing he's 1-2 games from the sack. IF we are waiting for a break clause then this sort of thing isn't an option. IF there is NOT a break clause then that raises far more questions and is actually even more depressing because it would mean Evans actually believes he can turn this around.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 15:50 - Feb 16 with 515 viewsLeaky

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 13:07 - Feb 16 by Coco

It's Northampton Town FC at home. We won't lose this and we plod on.

didn't we say the same re Swindon
If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 08:10 - Feb 19 with 342 viewsTieDyedIn95

If we lose tonight, give it to Dyer until the end of the season. on 15:50 - Feb 16 by Leaky

didn't we say the same re Swindon

We didn't lose but we didn't win either...

I still say give it to Dyer!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024