Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He'll be sacked tomorrow 21:04 - Feb 16 with 1885 viewstractordownsouth

Convinced of it - tonight had the same feel as the Leeds game in October '18.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:05 - Feb 16 with 1797 viewsJ2BLUE

All season we've thought he's waiting for a break clause so why would he sack him now?

If he's not waiting for a break clause then he is genuinely beyond caring.

I don't see any logic in predicting him leaving. I hope you're right obviously but where's the logic?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:05 - Feb 16 with 1795 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hope you are right. But our saint and saviour never fails to amaze.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:09 - Feb 16 with 1563 viewsFunge

Man, I'd love you to be right - but there no longer appears to be a tipping point.

We've reached some strange metaphysical existence where performances and results no longer matter.

Simply, there is a Club, and a Manager. The two are intrinsically linked, like the ever-revolving Earth, and the pale lifeless Moon revolving around it.

As the Earth revolves forevermore, so does the Moon orbit around it; as, indeed, Lambert aimlessly drifts between Portman Rd and Playford Rd, back and forth like the tides. Meanwhile we all slowly drift towards death and decay, watching the infinite slide of sand down life's great egg-timer.
He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:10 - Feb 16 with 1487 viewstractordownsouth

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:05 - Feb 16 by J2BLUE

All season we've thought he's waiting for a break clause so why would he sack him now?

If he's not waiting for a break clause then he is genuinely beyond caring.

I don't see any logic in predicting him leaving. I hope you're right obviously but where's the logic?

Maybe I'm high on blind faith, but I just think it has the same feeling.

The break clause would ideally be Evans' way out of this mess but we're so far behind now it's gone beyond that.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:11 - Feb 16 with 1423 viewsN2_Blue

nah, Evans will be, we didn't lose, we kept a clean sheet. Green shots an all that.

This needs a couple of thrashings for Evans to get it, he's too thick (in football terms) to understand what's going on.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:15 - Feb 16 with 1267 viewsNthQldITFC

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:10 - Feb 16 by tractordownsouth

The break clause would ideally be Evans' way out of this mess but we're so far behind now it's gone beyond that.

I've got the same (probably naively optimistic) feeling too.

I think it's the sense of anger building to a real and unprecedented depth now, not just amongst the fans, but amongst the media and former players too. The bad publicity might be the final straw.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:15 - Feb 16 with 1258 viewspointofblue

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:10 - Feb 16 by tractordownsouth

Akin to Derby at home in 2012, Leeds in 2018 had that air of inevitability. Sadly that doesn’t hang over this match for me.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:20 - Feb 16 with 1068 viewsstantheman

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:09 - Feb 16 by Funge

Man, I'd love you to be right - but there no longer appears to be a tipping point.

We've reached some strange metaphysical existence where performances and results no longer matter.

Simply, there is a Club, and a Manager. The two are intrinsically linked, like the ever-revolving Earth, and the pale lifeless Moon revolving around it.

As the Earth revolves forevermore, so does the Moon orbit around it; as, indeed, Lambert aimlessly drifts between Portman Rd and Playford Rd, back and forth like the tides. Meanwhile we all slowly drift towards death and decay, watching the infinite slide of sand down life's great egg-timer.

That can be written on the ITFC gravestone which should be erected in Portman Road. Blue Action this can be your next protest.
Login to get fewer ads

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:20 - Feb 16 with 1066 viewsMetal_Hacker

All the facts and thought process ref having a break clause stops me taking this seriously but I really wouldn’t be surprised now

When does the financial hit become greater for Evans NOT to pull the trigger

Surely it’s going to cost him more to keep than get rid now ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:22 - Feb 16 with 931 viewsTheBoyBlue

I know what you mean. And Derby at home when Jewell went. But somehow nothing touches Lambert. In which case hopefully he can turn it round. Yet I just can't see that happening.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:26 - Feb 16 with 783 viewsDyland

Lovely.

One thing though.

The moon is not lifeless...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:26 - Feb 16 with 768 viewsbackwaywhen

Post of the day ....... well put.
He'll be sacked tomorrow on 21:38 - Feb 16 with 533 viewshave_a_word_with_him

There is no break clause, it's just a terrible contract for a poor manager who is now waiting to be paid off and no longer cares. Evans clearly can't stomach paying him off, that is all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024