Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer caretaker 23:15 - Feb 16 with 1131 viewstractorlad01

Would be the logical move assuming Evans hasn’t had the sense to line up a replacement.
Dyer caretaker on 23:58 - Feb 16 with 1024 viewsstringy

If we gave it to Dyer and A.N. Other, let's be smart about this - say it's only to the end of the season, and then we reboot (i.e. use the time wisely between now and then to do due diligence on potential managers, do root and branch review on sports' science and scouting). Dyer would be welcome to throw hat into ring, but zero guarantee of favoritism, in fact tell him very little chance he would get it right now (unless we win every game with him in charge). Some harder nosed tough love and honesty. If he didn't want to seriously burnish his CV with half a season managing us then that's a short sighted POV on his behalf I'd argue.
Dyer caretaker on 00:01 - Feb 17 with 1005 viewstractorboy1978

Dyer caretaker on 23:58 - Feb 16 by stringy

If we gave it to Dyer and A.N. Other, let's be smart about this - say it's only to the end of the season, and then we reboot (i.e. use the time wisely between now and then to do due diligence on potential managers, do root and branch review on sports' science and scouting). Dyer would be welcome to throw hat into ring, but zero guarantee of favoritism, in fact tell him very little chance he would get it right now (unless we win every game with him in charge). Some harder nosed tough love and honesty. If he didn't want to seriously burnish his CV with half a season managing us then that's a short sighted POV on his behalf I'd argue.

Any new manager needs to be in now - no caretakers/temps jobs. We have half a team out of contract at the end of this season and the new man needs time to assess and rebuild.
Dyer caretaker on 00:10 - Feb 17 with 963 viewsstringy

Dyer caretaker on 00:01 - Feb 17 by tractorboy1978

Any new manager needs to be in now - no caretakers/temps jobs. We have half a team out of contract at the end of this season and the new man needs time to assess and rebuild.

logically you're spot on; I just hope that a bunch of preparation has been done behind the scenes to make this a wise appointment
Dyer caretaker on 00:35 - Feb 17 with 914 viewsquirkie

I have no idea on the credentials of Dyer as a manager, but for the love of god get somebody in who actually does have an infinity for the club. Doesn't always work but we are rock bottom so has to be worth a try.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:44 - Feb 17 with 891 viewschrismakin

Dyer caretaker on 00:35 - Feb 17 by quirkie

I have no idea on the credentials of Dyer as a manager, but for the love of god get somebody in who actually does have an infinity for the club. Doesn't always work but we are rock bottom so has to be worth a try.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 6:08]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dyer caretaker on 01:11 - Feb 17 with 867 viewstractorlad01

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:44 - Feb 17 by chrismakin

[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 6:08]

Burley as Director of Football is something we should all really be pushing for in my opinion.

Would be absolutely amazing for the club!
Dyer caretaker on 01:55 - Feb 17 with 835 viewsquirkie

We will never be in the top bracket of English football clubs, the Man U's, Liverpool, Arsenal , Tottenham, Man City etc, but we were and still should be in with the likes of the Leicester, Southampton, Everton, Forest, Sheff Wed, Newcastle etc, in fact we were for a while far better than those clubs (albeit Forest even usurped us). OK 40 years ago, I get it.

We are not a club in with the likes of Accrington, Northampton and sodding Peterborough. Bottom tier clubs who are excelling in their current positions.

Times change but as a club we are 70 miles from London so not geographically disadvantaged attracting players, got a great catchment area, Suffolk, East Essex. The club made a mess of things 20 years ago, OK, I get that too, but for this to go on so long is ridiculous. Evans is taking the piss.

Lets get some people in who are real Ipswich and see how we go from there.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Dyer caretaker on 07:34 - Feb 17 with 657 viewsJeff_winger

Dyer caretaker on 01:55 - Feb 17 by quirkie

We will never be in the top bracket of English football clubs, the Man U's, Liverpool, Arsenal , Tottenham, Man City etc, but we were and still should be in with the likes of the Leicester, Southampton, Everton, Forest, Sheff Wed, Newcastle etc, in fact we were for a while far better than those clubs (albeit Forest even usurped us). OK 40 years ago, I get it.

We are not a club in with the likes of Accrington, Northampton and sodding Peterborough. Bottom tier clubs who are excelling in their current positions.

Times change but as a club we are 70 miles from London so not geographically disadvantaged attracting players, got a great catchment area, Suffolk, East Essex. The club made a mess of things 20 years ago, OK, I get that too, but for this to go on so long is ridiculous. Evans is taking the piss.

Lets get some people in who are real Ipswich and see how we go from there.

Are peterboro , accrington excelling? I would say they are tier 3 clubs in tier 3. We just shouldnt be here.

Time will forget us the longer we got down here, when I started watching Ipswich, and people spoke about a great Preston fa cup team, it seemed like ancient history.

The same amount of years has passed since our fa cup win now, other teams must look at us talking about fa cup winners, the same I di of Preston winning it, ancient history for supporters now.
Login to get fewer ads

Dyer caretaker on 07:37 - Feb 17 with 632 viewsKieran_Knows

I thought we should’ve done that a couple of weeks back, but I must admit I’d rather the new man in place ASAP. Has the rest of the season with the squad to decide a) renew contracts and b) who he wants rid of by the time it gets to the summer. Don’t want to be playing catch up again like we were with Hurst (although appreciate that was slightly different due to his involvement in the play offs with Shrewsbury).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dyer caretaker on 07:47 - Feb 17 with 590 viewsKesgrave_Exile

I would like to see Dyer with Butcher with Burley and/or Matt Holland on the coaching team. Give him the opportunity to see if he can cope with management even if on a caretaker basis. If it works great as he would be in the mix for it permanently if it doesn't you appointment a permanent manager. Its a no grainer in my opinion.
Dyer caretaker on 08:09 - Feb 17 with 539 viewsPlums

Why not; we have a dire manager.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 8:10]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024