Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't often wake up at 3am worrying about Ipswich Town 04:15 - Feb 17 with 908 viewsshamboy

...but I did this morning, with the following thoughts swirling around:

Lambert spoke from the heart last night. He has never before appeared vulnerable
He will have alienated those in the club who are unable or unwilling to pull their weight.
Brenner really earned his corn, finding appropriate questions in a very tense interview.
Lambert bought into the open an endemic malaise within the club.
Lambert is probably right in much of what he says.
Evans can now respond to support Lambert, or discard him.
It will be nice to see this level of candour more frequently.
This was no Nixonian self-realisation - the man is still fighting his corner.
None of this makes Lambert a better or worse manager.
There will be decent players in the squad who feel empathy, whether they rate Lambert or not.
The situation will test Evans.

I won't be the only one feeling a degree of anguish resulting from seeing football emotionally expose a man jn this way.
The next few days will be fascinating.

I don't often wake up at 3am worrying about Ipswich Town on 05:06 - Feb 17 with 825 viewschrismakin

Last night was the type of performance from a team who knew Lambert was going to be leaving the club, there was no passion, no drive nothing, Lambert wasn't a manager in that press conference, it was man explaining that whilst he hasn't been good enough, there's a bigger picture that everyone needs to know ( tbf we all do anyway) nothing about last night was normal. I expect today at some point, Lambert will be gone
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 5:07]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I don't often wake up at 3am worrying about Ipswich Town on 06:16 - Feb 17 with 719 viewsskankerman

I personally had a bit more respect for the way Lambert opened up last night.
I have slated Evan's for years for his shocking running of our club.
We are set up to fail and just a change of manager won't change some of Evan's failings.
Evan's gets a far too easy ride from the fans
Evan's is the route cause
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024