Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans' Managerial Preference ? 09:43 - Feb 17 with 604 viewsTheSelkirk

Do you think that Evans favours more 'aggressive' managers?

Keane, McCarthy and Lambert would seemingly be happy to 'fight' anyone who got in their way and Hurst tried to portray that tough image too.

This might well keep the players in check, but also left out in the wilderness if they fall out with the manager. Depends on how you view it I guess.

If Evans were to continue in the same vein, a Nigel Pearson type will be an obvious choice next time around ...

From ME's point of view, it seems odd to me that he seems to prefer the confrontational type and not just another yes man.
Evans' Managerial Preference ? on 09:46 - Feb 17 with 584 viewsCoco

I think going for Pearson would show he actually wants to go up as he would be an expensive 'name' appointment.

He needs to sack Lambert to at least show he give a sh*t first though.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Evans' Managerial Preference ? on 10:48 - Feb 17 with 532 viewsJ2BLUE

I think that is more coincidence than his 'type'. I've even wondered if he is so slow to act because he doesn't want to go against that sort of manager

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans' Managerial Preference ? on 10:53 - Feb 17 with 496 viewsphillev

I don't think Lambert is going anywhere soon anyway, you need a balance and some players need an arm around them every now and again.
Evans' Managerial Preference ? on 10:55 - Feb 17 with 488 viewsclive_baker

I think he's probably acutely aware of the soft underbelly at the club, he's been reminded of it by enough people, and is probably more than a little hacked off at the level of player power that seems to exist, so a tougher manager might appeal. Hurst no doubt appealed in that he was offering to shake things up a little, so I do think there's an element of that in ME's thinking. Although it's like any other job, just being a bit of a d1ck wont get you very far, especially with over paid 20 year olds who know they can down tools. There needs to be a balance of respect, a sprinkling of fear, but ultimately a strong man manager. MM is the only one we've had who can get that right. Pearson would be a great appointment.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Evans' Managerial Preference ? on 10:58 - Feb 17 with 462 viewsHipsterectomy

I wouldn't say Mick was aggressive at all, most who played under him love him. If you don't do what he wants on the pitch, or aren't the type he wants around, then he'll just move you on.

In Tommy Miller's Under the Cosh interview he said the worst football of his career was played under Mick at Sunderland because he couldn't defend. He said at Ipswich, Royle knew he couldn't defend so gave him free reign in an attacking midfield role.

Lambert - I have no idea if players like him or not.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Evans' Managerial Preference ? on 11:29 - Feb 17 with 425 viewsTheSelkirk

Evans' Managerial Preference ? on 10:48 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

I think that is more coincidence than his 'type'. I've even wondered if he is so slow to act because he doesn't want to go against that sort of manager

Agreed. That's why I questioned why he wouldn't want to appoint a yes man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024