Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... 10:07 - Feb 17 with 3722 viewsJackSted

So that's him not being sacked then

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:09 - Feb 17 with 2593 viewstractordownsouth

Hoping for a Gus Poyet-esque sacked on air situation

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:09 - Feb 17 with 2561 viewsStokieBlue

FFS.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:10 - Feb 17 with 2533 viewsSitfcB

What time

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:10 - Feb 17 with 2527 viewsGlasgowBlue

What time. Better not clash with Pop Master.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:10 - Feb 17 with 2519 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Would be great - Paul we have a caller on the line ... "Marcus, what did you want to say to Paul?"

"Paul, Paul, I've been trying to ring you all morning. Now I see why you have your phone off. Please check your text messages."

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:11 - Feb 17 with 2479 viewsFPL_Tractor

Glad he’s well enough as he’s not not local media pre match press conference for ages.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:12 - Feb 17 with 2464 viewsKieran_Knows

That's him here till the end of season then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:14 - Feb 17 with 2390 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That would rather depend on what he says and how he portrays the club.

They are bound to interrogate some of his quotes from last night.

He seems to be looking to accelerate his exit.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:16 - Feb 17 with 2319 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:14 - Feb 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Jim White is good mates with him so will go very easy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:18 - Feb 17 with 2226 viewsMetal_Hacker

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:16 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

Jim White is "good mates" with most people to be fair

Depends how PL wants to handle this himself regardless of where he's going to be lead

Poll: If it were one or the other

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:18 - Feb 17 with 2210 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:16 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

Ah, damn.

One thing that struck me about Lamberts quotes, he was slightly contradictory in saying;

"something is very wrong with this club all the way through, its gone on for over 10 years" (or similar)

and then said

"MM did a very good job for 5 years"

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:19 - Feb 17 with 2183 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert is laying the groundwork for his exit. He's been doing it on the punditry side for a while. Now he will push the "everything isn't right"narrative. Which is obviously true but he has had more than enough backing and resources to get the job done here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:19 - Feb 17 with 2171 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:18 - Feb 17 by Metal_Hacker

Depends how PL wants to handle this himself regardless of where he's going to be lead

Last nights quotes struck me of a man goading his boss into sacking him.

He just wants to take his money and leave asap I think.

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:20 - Feb 17 with 2131 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:19 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

Lambert is laying the groundwork for his exit. He's been doing it on the punditry side for a while. Now he will push the "everything isn't right"narrative. Which is obviously true but he has had more than enough backing and resources to get the job done here.

Who is on with Jim? Please tell me its Simon Jordan?

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:20 - Feb 17 with 2121 viewsGlasgowBlue

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:14 - Feb 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

PL. The Chairman is an absolute joke. Doesn’t have a clue how to run a football club.

TS. So you are laying the blame squarely at the door of Marcus Evans.

PL. No no no. Look Marcus has been great. Spent a lot of money. It’s not easy putting money into club and getting no success.

TS. So whose fault is it?

PL. The chairman. The owner. Or whatever you want to call it.

TS. So Marcus Evans?

PL. so now you are putting words in my mouth. Marcus is great, so he is.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:20 - Feb 17 with 2109 viewsPinewoodblue

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:18 - Feb 17 by Metal_Hacker

He will be promoting himself, not Ipswich Town. He hasn’t got a clue as to how to promote Toen.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:21 - Feb 17 with 2079 viewsMetal_Hacker

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:19 - Feb 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Last nights quotes struck me of a man goading his boss into sacking him.

He just wants to take his money and leave asap I think.

My exact thought process . He might be a awful manager but one thing we all know , he's motivated by money and money only - for me he's asking to be sacked and paid off by his actions and words now

He wants out I'm sure of that

Poll: If it were one or the other

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:22 - Feb 17 with 1989 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:20 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

PL. The Chairman is an absolute joke. Doesn’t have a clue how to run a football club.

TS. So you are laying the blame squarely at the door of Marcus Evans.

PL. No no no. Look Marcus has been great. Spent a lot of money. It’s not easy putting money into club and getting no success.

TS. So whose fault is it?

PL. The chairman. The owner. Or whatever you want to call it.

TS. So Marcus Evans?

PL. so now you are putting words in my mouth. Marcus is great, so he is.

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:23 - Feb 17 with 1982 viewsGarv

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:18 - Feb 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ah, damn.

One thing that struck me about Lamberts quotes, he was slightly contradictory in saying;

"something is very wrong with this club all the way through, its gone on for over 10 years" (or similar)

and then said

"MM did a very good job for 5 years"

That's not really contradictory. He's pointing out that Mick did a good job in the circumstances of how the club operates. It's noteworthy because he's the only one of Evans' appointments that managed it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:23 - Feb 17 with 1953 viewsclive_baker

Good opportunity for him to protect brand Lambert as his days here near an end. No doubt people will lap up his deflection as he agrees to performances being poor while simultaneously inferring wider reasons for it, without ever offering specifics.

There's no doubt truth in what Lambert is saying with regards to structure and the culture within the club, and that is ultimately the fault of our hands off owner, but Lambert has a very good squad. There's absolutely no way anybody can convince me that this side shouldn't be beating the likes of Northampton and Swindon at home. The fact remains he isn't getting the best out of the resources available to him, and he can deflect that all he likes but it wont wash with me, he's a busted flush and terrible man manager. The comparisons with us in the Championship are a bit frustrating and misleading, we didn't have one of the better squads in the Championship, or larger budgets. We were largely a mid table side and that's where we tended to finish. MM over indexed for a year or 2 because he was the bees knees, and under Hurst we got what we deserved after a fateful summer of management and transfer activity.

The issues at the club are greater than Lambert and outside of his remit, but we should still be competing at the top end of the league with the players we have, relative to our peers. We're a squad that looks completely bloated, disjointed, disorganised, ill disciplined, lacking in confidence, little creativity or swag. That comes down to the manager.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:24 - Feb 17 with 1905 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:19 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

It looks that way doesn't it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:27 - Feb 17 with 1826 viewsIP4_Blue

i'm listening while working wound me up already Jim White has just said PL has had to put up with lots and had to put up with a training ground protest and that he needs Evans now what a joke there's a reason why it's like this, he will just do his PR Paul nice and polite to every one else and speaks to local press when he does bother like crap. No doubt it will be Evans and fans fault
Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:31 - Feb 17 with 1672 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:23 - Feb 17 by Garv

That's not really contradictory. He's pointing out that Mick did a good job in the circumstances of how the club operates. It's noteworthy because he's the only one of Evans' appointments that managed it.

Its contradictory because it shows that a good manager can do a good job.

Its fair to point out that 99% of EFL managerial appointments end in failure.

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:31 - Feb 17 with 1663 viewsfooters

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:24 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

It looks that way doesn't it.

Only problem with that is, who actually wants to listen to him? Then again, Robbie Savage held down a spot long enough I suppose.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:34 - Feb 17 with 1574 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Lambert on TalkSport today ... on 10:27 - Feb 17 by IP4_Blue

i'm listening while working wound me up already Jim White has just said PL has had to put up with lots and had to put up with a training ground protest and that he needs Evans now what a joke there's a reason why it's like this, he will just do his PR Paul nice and polite to every one else and speaks to local press when he does bother like crap. No doubt it will be Evans and fans fault

Lol, PL caused the training ground protest. With a little help from Evans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024