Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preferred Lambert replacement? 12:22 - Feb 17 with 1508 viewstractordownsouth

Preferred Lambert replacement?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 12:27 - Feb 17 with 1303 viewsGuthrum

There is no option for "almost anyone".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:04 - Feb 17 with 1195 viewsTieDyedIn95

Danny Cowley, Jesus wept. Awful manager.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:09 - Feb 17 with 1158 viewsslade1

Anyone rather than Danny Cowely.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:09 - Feb 17 with 1152 viewslazyblue

basically that is how hard it would be for ME, so if the preferred choice in this poll Cowleys came in still half of the supporting public may not be happy.

Personally could not careless anymore about how pretty the football should be just get the results.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:10 - Feb 17 with 1135 viewsOsborneOneNil

HAS to be Cook or Pearson.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:13 - Feb 17 with 1103 viewsvapour_trail

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:10 - Feb 17 by OsborneOneNil

I wouldn’t have thought Pearson would be looking for a job in division three.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:14 - Feb 17 with 1099 viewsBugs

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:09 - Feb 17 by lazyblue

basically that is how hard it would be for ME, so if the preferred choice in this poll Cowleys came in still half of the supporting public may not be happy.

Personally could not careless anymore about how pretty the football should be just get the results.

I'm pretty sure the majority of us would get behind the next manager, even if it wasn't our first, second or third choice.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:22 - Feb 17 with 1072 viewsKropotkin123

Garry Monk? How is he even worthy of being listed as an option? Longest he has ever been at a club is 77 games. His last two jobs were dreadful. We have deep issues here. They won't be solved by a Monk or Harris type appointment.

Danny Cowley has done it once, at Lincoln. Most, when we played them, didn't care too much for there style of football.

Paul Cook has done an excellent job in his last three roles. Barring an overseas adventure, Pearson has done well too. If either are available to us, then they are no-brainers.

If we can't get someone of their quality, then Dyer would be an obvious choice, because he knows the club inside out and should have a clear idea of both on-field and off-field issues that need addressing

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:22 - Feb 17 with 1069 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:10 - Feb 17 by OsborneOneNil

Why would either of them come here? It's an absolute sh!t show.

Both would be looking for jobs at Championship clubs with hopes of promotion, I would have thought. I would be very happy if either were unveiled as Town manager, though.

For the Cowley's we would be the biggest club they had been at. They may do due diligence and say "No thank you!" but I think they are possible. I like what I hear about their work in the community at Lincoln and their open-ness to sports science allied to proper scouting, planning and coaching.

But I'm coming round to the idea of Keiron Dyer. Partly because he grew up through the ranks and can relate to the Youth players coming through, which has to be a big part of our strategy going forward. Partly because he cares about the club and town. And partly because it is clearly so much more difficult for black former players to be taken seriously as candidates for manager's jobs.

For example, Dyer played at a similar level as Scott Parker yet hasn't found it as easy to get a senior coaching or management job. This isn't the same as saying "Give him the job because he is black" but we all need to ask why an untried Gerrard at Rangers, or Lampard at Derby, are seen as exciting appointments, but Dyer wouldn't have been considered for either position.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:27 - Feb 17 with 1036 viewstractordownsouth

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:22 - Feb 17 by Kropotkin123

Garry Monk? How is he even worthy of being listed as an option? Longest he has ever been at a club is 77 games. His last two jobs were dreadful. We have deep issues here. They won't be solved by a Monk or Harris type appointment.

Danny Cowley has done it once, at Lincoln. Most, when we played them, didn't care too much for there style of football.

Paul Cook has done an excellent job in his last three roles. Barring an overseas adventure, Pearson has done well too. If either are available to us, then they are no-brainers.

If we can't get someone of their quality, then Dyer would be an obvious choice, because he knows the club inside out and should have a clear idea of both on-field and off-field issues that need addressing

Monk would be crap, but this is Marcus Evans we're dealing with here.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:27 - Feb 17 with 1036 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Michael Appleton - just do it.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:29 - Feb 17 with 1013 viewsrickw

Who voted for Neil Harris? Marcus is it you???

Dyer for me, can do it initially as a caretaker and make it permanent if there's signs of improvement.
I think Dyer would reach out to old ITFC contacts Sheepshanks and Burley for advice and their help on getting the club back on the right track.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:29 - Feb 17 with 1008 viewsBluefish

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 12:27 - Feb 17 by Guthrum

There is no option for "almost anyone".

Surely that is garry monk, who the fook would want Monk??

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:31 - Feb 17 with 994 viewsKropotkin123

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:22 - Feb 17 by ArnoldMoorhen

Why would either of them come here? It's an absolute sh!t show.

Both would be looking for jobs at Championship clubs with hopes of promotion, I would have thought. I would be very happy if either were unveiled as Town manager, though.

For the Cowley's we would be the biggest club they had been at. They may do due diligence and say "No thank you!" but I think they are possible. I like what I hear about their work in the community at Lincoln and their open-ness to sports science allied to proper scouting, planning and coaching.

But I'm coming round to the idea of Keiron Dyer. Partly because he grew up through the ranks and can relate to the Youth players coming through, which has to be a big part of our strategy going forward. Partly because he cares about the club and town. And partly because it is clearly so much more difficult for black former players to be taken seriously as candidates for manager's jobs.

For example, Dyer played at a similar level as Scott Parker yet hasn't found it as easy to get a senior coaching or management job. This isn't the same as saying "Give him the job because he is black" but we all need to ask why an untried Gerrard at Rangers, or Lampard at Derby, are seen as exciting appointments, but Dyer wouldn't have been considered for either position.

Regarding race, I 100% agree with you. In addition to the names mention, it annoys me when people suggest Chambers or Holland, when you have Dyer or even Bramble, who have done their qualifications and shown an active interest by going out, getting involved in coaching at the club

Well written too. I've tried to write something like that in the past a few times, but ended up deleting it because came across as confrontational, rather than self-reflective.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:36 - Feb 17 with 952 viewsMonkeyAlan

Cowley isn't the answer. I'd take Pearson any day, but think he is too savy to take this pile of sh!te on.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:39 - Feb 17 with 945 viewsrickw

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:31 - Feb 17 by Kropotkin123

Regarding race, I 100% agree with you. In addition to the names mention, it annoys me when people suggest Chambers or Holland, when you have Dyer or even Bramble, who have done their qualifications and shown an active interest by going out, getting involved in coaching at the club

Well written too. I've tried to write something like that in the past a few times, but ended up deleting it because came across as confrontational, rather than self-reflective.

Race doesn't come into it for me, Dyer is keen, qualified, one of our best home grown players over the past 30 years and a passionate supporter of the club.

I'd love to have him in charge, with Butcher as assistant and maybe get Darren Bent in a couple of days a week to work with the strikers

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:48 - Feb 17 with 905 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:31 - Feb 17 by Kropotkin123

Thank you! I nearly included a bit about Chambers and Skuse, because they absolutely do not have the same level of qualifications and experience as Dyer, but there is a tried and tested Player-Manager route that club's go down for interim appointments, so it didn't seem to be as analogous as Parker.

There are always reasons why the club went for the white bloke to manage them, or the political party went for the white bloke to lead them. But when it happens again and again each of those failures to give an opportunity add up to a structural inequality. I'd be proud for ITFC to be part of the solution, as the Budgies already have.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:55 - Feb 17 with 867 viewsBseaBlue

The Cowleys have transformed near enough every club they have been at! If you look at Braintree since they left, they performed miracles there! Taking Concord through the leagues was also impressive considering the size of the club and finances available and the job at Lincoln well documented.

Some have moaned about style of play etc but give me 'winning' football over the dull pass it along the back stuff we are currently serving up.

Also, I feel that people forget how direct we have been in the past at times! Burley would use a direct approach, via Veno and McGreal picking out Scowie and Stewart etc, and Joe Royle would have us get in behind with Shefki and Benty. As long as it is effective, it can be forgiven in my eyes.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 14:04 - Feb 17 with 821 viewsBlueBadger

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:29 - Feb 17 by Bluefish

Surely that is garry monk, who the fook would want Monk??

Marcus Evans?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 14:06 - Feb 17 with 807 viewsrickw

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:55 - Feb 17 by BseaBlue

The Cowleys have transformed near enough every club they have been at! If you look at Braintree since they left, they performed miracles there! Taking Concord through the leagues was also impressive considering the size of the club and finances available and the job at Lincoln well documented.

Some have moaned about style of play etc but give me 'winning' football over the dull pass it along the back stuff we are currently serving up.

Also, I feel that people forget how direct we have been in the past at times! Burley would use a direct approach, via Veno and McGreal picking out Scowie and Stewart etc, and Joe Royle would have us get in behind with Shefki and Benty. As long as it is effective, it can be forgiven in my eyes.

Paul Hurst had a good record at each lower league club he was at too....

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 14:07 - Feb 17 with 797 viewsPositivelyPortman

I remember one of these polls a few years ago and the overwhelming choice was Paul Hurst.
Who’d admit to that?
Just saying.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 14:07 - Feb 17 with 787 viewsHipsterectomy

Knowing us we'll end up with an Iain Dowie or Chris Coleman

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 14:11 - Feb 17 with 767 viewsBluedanW

Just looked on Lampards next managerial job odds and we are in the list at 40/1. Maybe Frank and Evans may see the errors of their way lol.
Maybe a Harry and Frank. Uncle and nephew management team for a two year stint.
Wake me up lol
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 14:13 - Feb 17 with 754 viewsBseaBlue

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 14:06 - Feb 17 by rickw

Paul Hurst had a good record at each lower league club he was at too....

Very valid point, although he had a few issues whilst at Grimsby I believe and they would have had a decent budget at that level. Plus we ended up with Doig trying to fight everyone...

I just feel that with the lack of structure at the club, the Cowleys will have enough between them to manage the responsiblities of the whole setup. I'm sure that Dyer will be a successful manager one day, but I fear he will end up under the bus if he takes over now.
Preferred Lambert replacement? on 14:24 - Feb 17 with 722 viewsgazzer1999

Preferred Lambert replacement? on 13:55 - Feb 17 by BseaBlue

The mighty Concord?, Braintree, Lincoln. May as well see if the Whitton United manager is available and I bet he would do a better job than Lambert.
The Cowleys how far have we fallen? They have been out of the game a while now, coincidence or just not very good.
As I have said before in a post if you are not going to appoint KD in some higher capacity what was the point in him coming back?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024