Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... 16:17 - Feb 17 with 684 viewsTieDyedIn95

That he can fail to get promoted once, can end up half way down the league with mass supporter unrest, protests ongoing around the ground in the form of posters, at the training ground with flares, go to war with the fanzine, go to war with the local media and all but blame Marcus Evans for everything going wrong to the local and national media and he is STILL in post. I still wonder if these "break clauses" we keep hearing about even exist.

I want Payoff Paul's agent.

Also what sort of man is Evans to allow Payoff Paul to walk all over him like this for months.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:23 - Feb 17 with 642 viewsFtnfwest

and have 4 years left to run
So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:26 - Feb 17 with 616 viewsTieDyedIn95

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:23 - Feb 17 by Ftnfwest

and have 4 years left to run

In my line of work I work contract to contract regularly, but if I did a bad job and then told the world my current employer (while under that contract) was a at fault for the bad job and not me, I'd be sacked tomorrow without a penny.

I'd love to see what Evans and O'Neill signed with him, I bet it makes them look beyond stupid.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:30 - Feb 17 with 586 viewsGavTWTD

What's this "fanzine" you speak of?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:39 - Feb 17 with 535 viewsCoco

"He does what he waaaaaants, Paul Lambert he does what he wants!"

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:39 - Feb 17 with 533 viewsjeera

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:30 - Feb 17 by GavTWTD

I reckon he means the EADT.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:39 - Feb 17 with 533 viewsJimmy86

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:26 - Feb 17 by TieDyedIn95

In my line of work I work contract to contract regularly, but if I did a bad job and then told the world my current employer (while under that contract) was a at fault for the bad job and not me, I'd be sacked tomorrow without a penny.

I'd love to see what Evans and O'Neill signed with him, I bet it makes them look beyond stupid.

Of course the contract makes them look stupid... that's the whole crux of the issue!! The 5 year contract that Lambert signed was negotiated during our good start last season... he then signed it when things were going south, as the offer hadn't been retracted...

If there aren't any release clauses and Evans pulls the trigger it will be costly from a financial point of view and will also highlight his incompetence in offering such a contract. Lambert is fully aware of all this and basically holds the cards...

He's turning up the heat on Evans, to deflect his poor management knowing all the above, it win, win for Lambert and he knows it.
So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:40 - Feb 17 with 513 viewsDubtractor

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:30 - Feb 17 by GavTWTD

Have Dribble been banned?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:50 - Feb 17 with 463 viewsFtnfwest

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:39 - Feb 17 by Jimmy86

Of course the contract makes them look stupid... that's the whole crux of the issue!! The 5 year contract that Lambert signed was negotiated during our good start last season... he then signed it when things were going south, as the offer hadn't been retracted...

If there aren't any release clauses and Evans pulls the trigger it will be costly from a financial point of view and will also highlight his incompetence in offering such a contract. Lambert is fully aware of all this and basically holds the cards...

He's turning up the heat on Evans, to deflect his poor management knowing all the above, it win, win for Lambert and he knows it.

no doubt re the original timing of the contract offer but its another example of how little Marcus knows about football. We all like to a greater or lesser degree to think that we do, but almost to a man (person, sorry) we could see that the starts we've made in both L1 seasons tbf were pretty unconvincing and within a relatively more straightforward run of games
Login to get fewer ads

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:56 - Feb 17 with 428 viewsJimmy86

So the Lambert contract is that much in Lamberts favour... on 16:50 - Feb 17 by Ftnfwest

no doubt re the original timing of the contract offer but its another example of how little Marcus knows about football. We all like to a greater or lesser degree to think that we do, but almost to a man (person, sorry) we could see that the starts we've made in both L1 seasons tbf were pretty unconvincing and within a relatively more straightforward run of games

But, again that fall's on Evans not being a football man, as much as it does Lambert screwing things up... Lambert might be finished as a manager, but he'd be a class PR man or spin doctor... he definitely isn't stupid

This deflection isn't totally wrong and takes the heat off him a bit... if all this happened under his management and no one else's then he'd not have a leg to stand on, fact it has happened under every manager Evans has appointed tells its own story - doesn't of course hide the fact Lambert has failed massively with what he's got
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024