Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson 17:38 - Feb 17 with 1091 viewsDarth_Koont

Always came across as a bit arsey in the media but this looks more and more just who he is to the media who he struggles with.

But he came across very well talking on the Don’t Tell Me the Score podcast. He’s basically a more complicated and thoughtful Mick McCarthy but equally focused on and adept at man management and getting the players to perform as individuals and as a unit. Based on the quotes by Mahrez and Schmeichel who were giving him credit for building the foundation of Leicester’s Premiership-winning side, he’s certainly a manager players like and respect.

Prickly media appearances aside, I think we could do much worse than him. Although, if we’re being honest, I’m not even sure he’d be interested in us.

Pronouns: He/Him

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:40 - Feb 17 with 1059 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:41 - Feb 17 with 1036 viewsSevenT8

Yeah, I wondered if this is the potential manager that Mick Mills alluded to yesterday, when he said there is someone who could ‘come straight in and shake this group of players up’. He wouldn’t name names.

Poll: When will Gamechanger cancel their visit on Saturday? (GMT)

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:42 - Feb 17 with 1017 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:40 - Feb 17 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

No need. I just think of you.

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:48 - Feb 17 with 972 viewsthebooks

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:41 - Feb 17 by SevenT8

Yeah, I wondered if this is the potential manager that Mick Mills alluded to yesterday, when he said there is someone who could ‘come straight in and shake this group of players up’. He wouldn’t name names.

I don’t think Mick had anyone in particular in mind, alas. Pearson would be very, very good in my opinion; just the figure we need now.

Mills was on good form last night. I thought his point about keeping an open mind on the type of manager we should go for was very pertinent. Obviously, we went for a younghungrytracksuit manager with Paul Hurst purely because Marcus Evans felt that’s what the fans wanted, which is a really silly decision-making process. I remember the similar clamour on here post-Joe Royle.

I would love Keiron Dyer to do well in the role, but I really fear it could go pear-shaped.
I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:48 - Feb 17 with 971 viewsDarth_Koont

Maybe. Although by all accounts, including his own, he’s more about building up players’ confidence and seeing their value as people.

I can’t pretend to know exactly how Lambert is with the players but I certainly get the feeling he’s more distant and not particularly connected to them. I also think that’s why he’s so willing to just throw new players at the problem rather than really work with what he’s got.

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:52 - Feb 17 with 940 viewschicoazul

Killed a wolf with his bare hands, too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:54 - Feb 17 with 912 viewsStokieBlue

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:52 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

Killed a wolf with his bare hands, too.

Gouged it's eye out and did another one in I believe?

Nutter.

Certainly wouldn't take any nonsense.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:58 - Feb 17 with 896 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, there is quite a lot more to him than meets the eye — something I didn't appreciate properly myself until he arrived at Watford.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 17:58]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 17:58 - Feb 17 with 881 viewsSectionSith

If you think Pearson would come to Town then you are an Ostrich
I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 18:09 - Feb 17 with 796 viewsLesta_Tractor

Nigel Pearson is the second best character in David Squires cartoon strips in the guardian.

Gunnersaurus is obviously number one...

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

I’ve softened a bit towards Nigel Pearson on 18:49 - Feb 17 with 651 viewsTieDyedIn95

As long as it's not Cowley.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024