Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is one signing Marcus should make 20:00 - Feb 17 with 981 viewsMelford

Get Derek Bowden back in running the club. After he was let go he went to Essex CCC and has overseen them becoming the top team in domestic cricket, left Essex end of last year.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/news/derek_bowden_step_down_essex_chief_exec

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:02 - Feb 17 with 932 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not a bad shout.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:04 - Feb 17 with 916 viewsPhilTWTD

If I remember rightly I think he was planning to retire. It would surprise me if he would be up for returning anyway.
This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:05 - Feb 17 with 884 viewsMelford

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:02 - Feb 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not a bad shout.

Marcus's first mistake was letting him go in bringing in Clueless Clegg.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/bowden-i-m-proud-of-my-time-wit

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:08 - Feb 17 with 853 viewsMelford

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:04 - Feb 17 by PhilTWTD

If I remember rightly I think he was planning to retire. It would surprise me if he would be up for returning anyway.

Even if it's on a short-term basis, he is exactly what we need right now.

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:22 - Feb 17 with 746 viewsEdmundo

The way ME is running us, we might as well have the same budget as when Bowden was here: he would be #1 on my list as CEO, sack LON, get Klug in a academy director's capacity, Burley in as football director, and then get the 3 of them to find us a decent manager.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:28 - Feb 17 with 704 viewsRegencyBlue

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:05 - Feb 17 by Melford

Marcus's first mistake was letting him go in bringing in Clueless Clegg.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/bowden-i-m-proud-of-my-time-wit

Absolutely, but Bowden couldn’t get our illustrious owner Olympic tickets could he!
This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:35 - Feb 17 with 667 viewsCheltenham_Blue

On bringing Marcus Evans to the club...

“If not we would have been in danger of going the same way as Southampton now find themselves"

....I wonder if Derek still feels that way?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This is one signing Marcus should make on 20:42 - Feb 17 with 616 viewsAlanG296

As an Essex member, don't think Bowden can take credit for the on field success, that was down to a new hands - on chairman who radically changed the cricket management structure. Bowden was good at bringing in money from corporates etc, but for the rest of us it was charging more for less every year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024