Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What with the WSL getting more of a profile 20:32 - Feb 17 with 1652 viewsMattinLondon

Do you think a manager who has achieved a lot in the woman’s game, be it domestically or internationally, will be considered by a mens team as their new manager/head coach?

I know that there are men in the WSL but I suppose I am referring to a woman head coach recruited into men’s football.

I think it’ll happen as I think the traditional merry-go-round of failed managers could well be on the way out. Just wondered what other TWTD posters think.
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 1641 viewsJ2BLUE

Why not? If a woman is a good manager/coach then great.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:35 - Feb 17 with 1638 viewsPendejo

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:34 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

Can't be any worse than 4 of the last 5 managers...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:36 - Feb 17 with 1631 viewsNthsuffolkblue

AFC Wimbledon were rumoured to be and the manager in question called the interest offensive and said they would not be able to afford them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:36 - Feb 17 with 1627 viewsMattinLondon

That’s what I think. I suppose what with football traditionally having quite an old fashioned macho image this may hinder things. But I think it’ll be a good thing and will take football forward.
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:37 - Feb 17 with 1625 viewsGeoffSentence

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:36 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

AFC Wimbledon were rumoured to be and the manager in question called the interest offensive and said they would not be able to afford them.

Emma hayes

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:38 - Feb 17 with 1614 viewsJ2BLUE

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:36 - Feb 17 by MattinLondon

That’s what I think. I suppose what with football traditionally having quite an old fashioned macho image this may hinder things. But I think it’ll be a good thing and will take football forward.

It amuses me that blokes who have never played a game, even at Sunday league level, say that women who have 100 caps for England and won everything going don't know anything about football.

Truly impaired.

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:42 - Feb 17 with 1590 viewsFtnfwest

I’d be open to getting a bird in. Can’t be any worse than the current idiot.
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:42 - Feb 17 with 1589 viewsSpruceMoose

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:38 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

It amuses me that blokes who have never played a game, even at Sunday league level, say that women who have 100 caps for England and won everything going don't know anything about football.

Look J2, as we've had bore-splained to us on here multiple times, some blokes are just born 'Footballing Men' and therefore their opinions are holy and untouchable.

Everybody else can only look on in amazement and awe as they dispense their wisdom about the fifth tier of Latvian youth football.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:44 - Feb 17 with 1576 viewsMattinLondon

The other day, Ian Wright mentioned that two of his fellow pundits (who are both female) receive a lot of sexist bile via Twitter and other forms of social media.

Maybe some blokes feel threatened by it all.
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:46 - Feb 17 with 1560 viewsSpruceMoose

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:44 - Feb 17 by MattinLondon

The other day, Ian Wright mentioned that two of his fellow pundits (who are both female) receive a lot of sexist bile via Twitter and other forms of social media.

Bingo!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:47 - Feb 17 with 1556 viewsMattinLondon

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:42 - Feb 17 by SpruceMoose

Look J2, as we've had bore-splained to us on here multiple times, some blokes are just born 'Footballing Men' and therefore their opinions are holy and untouchable.

Everybody else can only look on in amazement and awe as they dispense their wisdom about the fifth tier of Latvian youth football.

Are these the same men, who until fairly recently, found it hilarious to chant ‘get your tits out for the lads’ every time a woman walked in front of the North Stand?
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 1550 viewsJ2BLUE

Most female pundits are vastly more interesting and insightful than the likes of Shearer who get wheeled out constantly because they were good players. Sadly he has the personality of a house brick.

The influx of diverse pundits has been a major boost for the game. I don't think it's asking too much for pundits to have a personality and be knowledgable about the game.

Truly impaired.

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 1548 viewsSpruceMoose

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:47 - Feb 17 by MattinLondon

Are these the same men, who until fairly recently, found it hilarious to chant ‘get your tits out for the lads’ every time a woman walked in front of the North Stand?

It's safe to say that there's a rather large overlap.

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:52 - Feb 17 with 1529 viewsgtsb1966

Would be interesting to see how some players react too.
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 21:03 - Feb 17 with 1502 viewsMattinLondon

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:52 - Feb 17 by gtsb1966

Would be interesting to see how some players react too.

I guess there will be some who won’t like it - but if they don’t perform then they won’t get picked.
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 21:08 - Feb 17 with 1490 viewsSeablu

Proper blokes who refer to each other as sir and mate will be outraged at this heresy you speak of.
The dishes don’t do themselves..
Who’s gonna learn the kids during lockdown...
I’d be delighted if we could appoint some women in seriously influential roles at every level.
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 21:12 - Feb 17 with 1482 viewsgtsb1966

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 21:08 - Feb 17 by Seablu

Proper blokes who refer to each other as sir and mate will be outraged at this heresy you speak of.
The dishes don’t do themselves..
Who’s gonna learn the kids during lockdown...
I’d be delighted if we could appoint some women in seriously influential roles at every level.

What's Eva Carneiro doing these days.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 21:13]
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 21:15 - Feb 17 with 1469 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 21:37 - Feb 17 with 1414 viewsBlueBadger

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 20:48 - Feb 17 by SpruceMoose

It's safe to say that there's a rather large overlap.

What would the venn diagram look like?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 21:45 - Feb 17 with 1400 viewsSpruceMoose

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 21:37 - Feb 17 by BlueBadger

What would the venn diagram look like?

A massive beer belly.

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 22:13 - Feb 17 with 1371 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It was a big topic the other week when AFC Wimbledon were said to be considering an approach for Emma Hayes.

She wasn't best pleased.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 22:34 - Feb 17 with 1338 views26_Paz

I wouldn’t be against it but who would you consider to have the relevant experience?

The Paz Man

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 22:39 - Feb 17 with 1327 viewsMattinLondon

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 22:34 - Feb 17 by 26_Paz

I wouldn’t be against it but who would you consider to have the relevant experience?

Experience isn’t necessarily a good thing. Keane, Hurst, Jewell and Lambert all have years of experience - all of them were car crashes.
What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 22:41 - Feb 17 with 1318 viewsJ2BLUE

What with the WSL getting more of a profile on 22:34 - Feb 17 by 26_Paz

No idea, I don't follow the WSL at the moment. I might when the world returns to normal but there's so much other football on tv at the moment that I don't watch it right now.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024