Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not sack him now 08:53 - Feb 18 with 956 viewsGeorge25

It seems like Evans if waiting to sack lambert once he has got the new man lined up. But surely it would be more beneficial for team and club to get him out now. The teams poorly coached, poor disciplined and I don’t see how dyer could do a worse job in the short term.
Why not sack him now on 08:56 - Feb 18 with 932 viewsbreedalot

I can only think of 3 reasons:

cost is prohibitively high due to contact.

take over in the works

ME is considering winding up the club.
Why not sack him now on 08:58 - Feb 18 with 904 viewsBseaBlue

I did think that he could stick him on gardening leave and have Dyer see out the season to try and instill some confidence.

I just wander though whether that would have an impact on the pay off that would be due as Shambert would be able to argue that he wasnt in control of the outcome of the season.

Ultimately, it can surely only be a financial reason as to why he hasnt been sacked.
Why not sack him now on 09:09 - Feb 18 with 844 viewsitfc_tom

Surely the new manager is being lined up and everything will all happen within an hour or so of each other.

Or that could just be wishful thinking........
Why not sack him now on 09:09 - Feb 18 with 843 viewsGuthrum

Why not sack him now on 08:56 - Feb 18 by breedalot

take over in the works

Simply winding up a League football club has never been done before, not without going through a process of administration/receivership, attempted sale and, in extremis, expulsion from the League first. Under those circumstances, the EFL has the right to step in.

Also, why would he?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why not sack him now on 09:12 - Feb 18 with 817 viewsMrTown

Why not sack him now on 08:56 - Feb 18 by breedalot

take over in the works

Option 4:

Performance related break clause that hasn’t been triggered to date - and likely won’t be until end of season/mathematically incapable of reaching play offs.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Why not sack him now on 09:18 - Feb 18 with 779 viewsclive_baker

I assume it's cost related. Perhaps he's close to triggering something that limits the pay out and ME thinks it's worth waiting. That, or he'll time it with ST renewals to hopefully give them a push with a new wave of optimism. Or wait and see what take up is like before setting a budget for next year, which might dictate who we get in.

Ultimately it has to be about £.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why not sack him now on 09:30 - Feb 18 with 733 viewsVaughan8

Why not sack him now on 09:18 - Feb 18 by clive_baker

I assume it's cost related. Perhaps he's close to triggering something that limits the pay out and ME thinks it's worth waiting. That, or he'll time it with ST renewals to hopefully give them a push with a new wave of optimism. Or wait and see what take up is like before setting a budget for next year, which might dictate who we get in.

It has to be this. I can't believe Evans would be stupid enough to give him a 5 year contract without some sort of clauses.................Ok maybe I'm naive haha

I seriously think we've given up on this season, Lambert is just hanging on until its mathematically impossible for us to go up.

If that is true then we've still got a lot of games to go this season with him in charge....!
Why not sack him now on 09:31 - Feb 18 with 730 viewsgazzer1999

Why not sack him now on 09:18 - Feb 18 by clive_baker

Or it could be Evans just thinks Lambert will turn it round and he is the man to do it.
Login to get fewer ads

Why not sack him now on 09:33 - Feb 18 with 707 viewsclive_baker

Why not sack him now on 09:31 - Feb 18 by gazzer1999

Or it could be Evans just thinks Lambert will turn it round and he is the man to do it.

I would find that very hard to believe. Despite what ME says publicly, he's been whoring the club out to other managers for months now. It's not the behaviour of someone who backs his manager. The replacement has probably already been teed up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why not sack him now on 09:35 - Feb 18 with 691 viewsMookamoo

Why not sack him now on 09:30 - Feb 18 by Vaughan8

It has to be this. I can't believe Evans would be stupid enough to give him a 5 year contract without some sort of clauses.................Ok maybe I'm naive haha

I seriously think we've given up on this season, Lambert is just hanging on until its mathematically impossible for us to go up.

If that is true then we've still got a lot of games to go this season with him in charge....!

Mathematically impossible for us to go up could well be one of the clauses.
Why not sack him now on 10:19 - Feb 18 with 593 viewsRegencyBlue

Don’t forget that Magilton had to take the club to court to get the payout he was due under his contract which Evans tried to wriggle out of.

It will be finance related!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024