Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans & Lambert 09:19 - Feb 18 with 1076 viewsBlueBlood90

I think it's quite obvious that Evans and Lambert's relationship probably isn't as rosy as Lambert has previously made out to the media.

I think if Lambert had any shred of self respect then he would've walked on Tuesday night. He probably knows he's unlikely to get another job in football unless it's somewhere like Alloa.

The circus he created yesterday was to quickly blame everybody else in the building just in case he was going to be sacked.

How much longer can Evans let this drag on before taking action? He gave him the contract so he should face the financial consequence of paying it off.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Evans & Lambert on 09:23 - Feb 18 with 1030 viewsleft_foot

Wasn't it Hurst who said he knew the writing was on the wall when it stopped hearing from Evans?

Lambert's recent comments can't have come off the back of a recent "all is well" chat with Evans. If they were still communicating as Lambert suggests he would be crazy to make those comments.
Evans & Lambert on 09:35 - Feb 18 with 967 viewsPinewoodblue

So Lambert feels he protects Evans from himself. Think it is time to ignore everything he says, he is clearly a stranger to the truth.

Remember all those recent matches where he seemed to have watched a different game to the rest of us; seems he now feels performance hasn’t been good enough for sometime.

Lambert needs to go....end of.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Evans & Lambert on 09:46 - Feb 18 with 920 viewsSimonds92

It must be a pretty good relationship for him to still be in the job he should have been removed from almost 18 months ago.
Evans & Lambert on 09:56 - Feb 18 with 873 viewsitfcjoe

I think they normally chat most weeks, doubt that will be the case after last nights game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans & Lambert on 10:58 - Feb 18 with 766 viewsHorsham

Evans & Lambert on 09:56 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

I think they normally chat most weeks, doubt that will be the case after last nights game

On account of Lambert no longer being the manager hopefully.
Evans & Lambert on 11:17 - Feb 18 with 713 viewsBlueBlood90

Evans & Lambert on 09:56 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

It's evident that Lambert is almost requesting to be sacked now and I would imagine Evans is probably holding out as long as possible to see if he will walk away and resign without having to pay him off although we all know that won't happen.

I just think with every passing week our season is nearer and nearer to ending as we fall away from the top 6 and this will only result in Evans being even less likely to get rid of him until the end of the season (or towards ST renewal time).

Surely Evans must be making a few calls and lining someone else up though?

Evans & Lambert on 12:34 - Feb 18 with 611 viewsGodBlue

I've said it a few times, but I think they've been playing chicken with each other for a couple of months now. We're just waiting to see who blinks first.

And it's to the complete and utter detriment of this football club that Evans is allowing it to happen.

Evan's is allowing his hubris to interfere with what's best for the short and long-term fortunes of the club/business he owns. And, if he's not very careful, I suspect he's going to have bigger problems to deal with than a bunch of fans who are currently mostly focussing their anger at the manager.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Evans & Lambert on 12:45 - Feb 18 with 584 viewsPinewoodblue

Evans & Lambert on 11:17 - Feb 18 by BlueBlood90

It's evident that Lambert is almost requesting to be sacked now and I would imagine Evans is probably holding out as long as possible to see if he will walk away and resign without having to pay him off although we all know that won't happen.

I just think with every passing week our season is nearer and nearer to ending as we fall away from the top 6 and this will only result in Evans being even less likely to get rid of him until the end of the season (or towards ST renewal time).

Surely Evans must be making a few calls and lining someone else up though?

There is a halfway house...mutual consent. Usually means it costs the club less than a sacking.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Evans & Lambert on 12:46 - Feb 18 with 578 viewsChrisd

At the end of the day, PL isn't going anywhere as you have rightly alluded to it's unlikely he's getting another manager's job that pays as good as this one. This decision has to come from ME, he needs to be the one that acts and yet again he remains ominously quiet.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Evans & Lambert on 14:20 - Feb 18 with 504 viewsBlueBlood90

Evans & Lambert on 12:46 - Feb 18 by Chrisd

At the end of the day, PL isn't going anywhere as you have rightly alluded to it's unlikely he's getting another manager's job that pays as good as this one. This decision has to come from ME, he needs to be the one that acts and yet again he remains ominously quiet.

I was absolutely adamant Lambert would be sacked yesterday morning after that performance against Northampton. I almost breathed a sigh of relief when Judge never got awarded the penalty. That's how bad it's got!

The lads CLEARLY do not want him here and they are making it obvious that they are not playing for him. Especially now with Jackson and Nolan seemingly banished to the reserves there's obviously big things going on behind the scenes.

We all know Evans has been a disaster ever since he took over but this situation is getting so bad and so quickly that I just can't fathom how a successful businessman is allowing all of this to continue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024