Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC piece on the state of ITFC 09:59 - Feb 18 with 4386 viewsStokieBlue

Coverage is really picking up in the national press:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56096898

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:02 - Feb 18 with 3595 viewsDanTheMan

Ah good, someone else to send a card too.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:05 - Feb 18 with 3534 viewsNthQldITFC

Good, high-level exposure. C'mon Marcus, tick-tock. As Micky Mills says, it's not too late for this season if you act now.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:06 - Feb 18 with 3514 viewsBerkshire_Blue

First flares then ref baiting. The club is in the media for all the wrong reasons. Shameful
BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:07 - Feb 18 with 3483 viewsSwansea_Blue

All about the green shoots of recovery I take it? I'll have a look now thanks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:14 - Feb 18 with 3397 viewsSitfcB

"I've gone from spending every Saturday night really cross to feeling really sorry for him [Lambert] - he's stuck in a situation and doesn't know what to do next,"

ffs.

ffs.

He’s not stuck, he can literally quit if he wanted.

...and shouldn’t be feeling sorry for him.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:20 - Feb 18 with 3313 viewsDanTheMan

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:14 - Feb 18 by SitfcB

"I've gone from spending every Saturday night really cross to feeling really sorry for him [Lambert] - he's stuck in a situation and doesn't know what to do next,"

ffs.

ffs.

Woe is him, he's getting paid an incredible amount of money to do a very poor job. Poor sod.

There's literally no way out.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:20 - Feb 18 with 3311 viewsNthQldITFC

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:14 - Feb 18 by SitfcB

ffs.

ffs.

I don't think there's necessarily a contradiction between wanting him gone, and feeling sorry for him.

I badly want him out of the door TODAY, so we can have some hope of rescuing this season and ITFC, but on a human level I recognise that a lot of people are stuck because their egos won't allow them to 'do the right thing' or speak honestly, and deep down they know this, and that brings pain.

So I do feel sorry for him on a human level, and I don't think there's a contradiction there.

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:21 - Feb 18 with 3292 viewsvanmunt

Not a good look for ME plc, no press is bad press but this reflects poorly on his business acumen.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:25 - Feb 18 with 3236 viewsgainsboroughblue

First comment was from a Man Utd fan, saying to give the manager time, can't expect success straight away. I do love it when fans of other clubs who haven't got a clue wade in.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:27 - Feb 18 with 3196 viewsSitfcB

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:20 - Feb 18 by DanTheMan

Woe is him, he's getting paid an incredible amount of money to do a very poor job. Poor sod.

There's literally no way out.

Poor bloke, being held here against his will.

COYB

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:28 - Feb 18 with 3175 viewschrismakin

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:25 - Feb 18 by gainsboroughblue

First comment was from a Man Utd fan, saying to give the manager time, can't expect success straight away. I do love it when fans of other clubs who haven't got a clue wade in.

No different to the mick stuff that

They wanted a guy out who got them in the playoffs

Completely ignorant to the facts of what happened after that season and what sort of run we were on and attendances etc when he left.

Same with Lambert. They're on a bad run. Just outside play offs.
Completely ignoring he won 4 games in 31 championship games. Midtable of league 1 last year etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:30 - Feb 18 with 3138 viewsfooters

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:27 - Feb 18 by SitfcB

Poor bloke, being held here against his will.

It's Amy Downes, what does anyone expect. 'I feel sorry for a football manager for not knowing how to set up and coach a football team'.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:32 - Feb 18 with 3100 viewsSitfcB

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:20 - Feb 18 by NthQldITFC

I don't think there's necessarily a contradiction between wanting him gone, and feeling sorry for him.

I badly want him out of the door TODAY, so we can have some hope of rescuing this season and ITFC, but on a human level I recognise that a lot of people are stuck because their egos won't allow them to 'do the right thing' or speak honestly, and deep down they know this, and that brings pain.

So I do feel sorry for him on a human level, and I don't think there's a contradiction there.

I don’t feel sorry for him at all.

I doubt he even feels sorry for himself with the wage he’s picking up and the money he’s earnt being a fraud.

COYB

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:34 - Feb 18 with 3055 viewsRegencyBlue

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:21 - Feb 18 by vanmunt

Not a good look for ME plc, no press is bad press but this reflects poorly on his business acumen.

He’s been described by the media in the past as the worlds biggest ticket tout and had an arrest warrant out for him in Brazil.

I’m not sure he cares about his look!
BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:51 - Feb 18 with 2919 viewsVaughan8

Am I being thick buit no-one is blaming him for the last 9-12 years? Is this his excuse now?

We are in the 3rd tier and expect us to at least show some kind of promise of getting in the playoffs. He's been here for 2 years and I generally feel he has not done any better than Hurst would have.

He got 6 months as a "free hit" to work out what he needed, what formation he wanted to play etc. That period was embarassing but we gave him time.

The demise last season was again embarrassing. Then a similar thing happening this year.

Yes, some things probably aren't his fault, but our players are definitely good enough to finish top 6 and to actually beat a "top" team in this division.
BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:55 - Feb 18 with 2859 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:51 - Feb 18 by Vaughan8

Am I being thick buit no-one is blaming him for the last 9-12 years? Is this his excuse now?

We are in the 3rd tier and expect us to at least show some kind of promise of getting in the playoffs. He's been here for 2 years and I generally feel he has not done any better than Hurst would have.

He got 6 months as a "free hit" to work out what he needed, what formation he wanted to play etc. That period was embarassing but we gave him time.

The demise last season was again embarrassing. Then a similar thing happening this year.

Yes, some things probably aren't his fault, but our players are definitely good enough to finish top 6 and to actually beat a "top" team in this division.

No, and no one still expects us to still be in Europe year after year as we were 40 years ago as he implied in his post-match and Talksport comments!
BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 11:03 - Feb 18 with 2752 viewsPinewoodblue

Think it is reasonable to feel sorry for someone who is too weak to walk away from a situation he doesn’t know how to cope with.

On the other hand doubt if anyone feels sorry for Marcus Evans, stuck in a situation of his own making.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 11:08 - Feb 18 with 2705 viewsN2_Blue

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:55 - Feb 18 by PhilTWTD

No, and no one still expects us to still be in Europe year after year as we were 40 years ago as he implied in his post-match and Talksport comments!

The guy is an utter c**k

I despise him more with each interview.

How people can feel sorry for him I genuinely don't know.

I'm also angry because i gave him so much support, as did Blue Action, when we were relegated and believed all he said but it was just a charade. The guy is a fraud.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 11:11 - Feb 18 with 2671 viewsitfcjoe

For someone who doesn't think the club should live in the past he does seem to mention his, now irrelvant to current job, playing career a lot

I dare say he mentions a season at Dortmund more than any fans hark back to Bobby Robson's time here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 11:13 - Feb 18 with 2628 viewsKeno

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 11:11 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

For someone who doesn't think the club should live in the past he does seem to mention his, now irrelvant to current job, playing career a lot

I dare say he mentions a season at Dortmund more than any fans hark back to Bobby Robson's time here

Did he play for Dortmund??

You would have thought he would mention it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 14:46 - Feb 18 with 2270 viewsCornishMariner

Read the comments from Villa and Wolves fans, talking about how traumatised they were after his spells there. Maybe a bit over the top but this is not a manager dragged down by the poor running of one club.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 14:54 - Feb 18 with 2218 viewsNthQldITFC

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:06 - Feb 18 by Berkshire_Blue

First flares then ref baiting. The club is in the media for all the wrong reasons. Shameful

Apropos of nothing in particular, an anagram of your name is 'Blues hire berk'.

Hope that doesn't pan out to be the case AGAIN!

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 14:58 - Feb 18 with 2183 viewsSpruceMoose

Is a pre-season tour really too much to hope for though?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 15:04 - Feb 18 with 2162 viewsvanmunt

BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 10:34 - Feb 18 by RegencyBlue

He’s been described by the media in the past as the worlds biggest ticket tout and had an arrest warrant out for him in Brazil.

I’m not sure he cares about his look!

ha ha, yeah.. what was I thinking! It was early.
BBC piece on the state of ITFC on 15:05 - Feb 18 with 2146 viewsnoggin

I like their choice of fans photo. Is that Amy Downes?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024