Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm making a call on the manager 13:24 - Feb 18 with 3369 viewsBluefish

I'm going all in for Dyer and Butch and for a bonus Burley as DoF

Yes it is a massive gamble but it also makes so much sense.

We are a division 3 mid table side, yes we have great potential but we are also potentially seen as toxic in more ways than one.

I just want to love football again, no one will bring the club together more than these 3 and they also understand the place inside out.

Cowleys are more guaranteed in a ruthless way but i fear it would be very rigid. I'm not against them.

Cook has great experience but he is called Paul and he is a scouser, these things can't be ignored.

Pearson is not the full ticket, we don't need anymore banter era issues when he goes wimdmilling some simpleton in the crowd

No one else is mentioned of note so let's not job on the the merry-go-round of failed managers

Give me Dyer and let him learn and bring in the youngsters. It would be like the happiest parts of the Jim times combined with the Burley era.

[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:25]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:29 - Feb 18 with 1577 viewsLeaky

I would agree with that
I'm making a call on the manager on 13:32 - Feb 18 with 1546 viewsMrTown

I fell of my chair when your justification for not hiring Paul Cook was his name was Paul and he's from Merseyside.

I love these comedy posts from you, brings me a good laughter in these times.

So we've gone for a man who has never managed, Butcher who hasn't been a good manager helping him, and Burley who has been out of management for nearly a decade - All in all a good blend.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:33]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:34 - Feb 18 with 1531 viewsBseaBlue

'Pearson is not the full ticket, we don't need anymore banter era issues when he goes wimdmilling some simpleton in the crowd'

Pearson would be an unreal appointment for us but I did just spit my tea out reading that, haha!
I'm making a call on the manager on 13:36 - Feb 18 with 1499 viewsurbanblue

Couldn't Evans put Lambert on Gardening Leave with full pay and put Dyer and Butcher in charge til the end of the season.

Wouldn't make any difference to the finances and clearly mentally and physically Lambert needs to rest.
I'm making a call on the manager on 13:38 - Feb 18 with 1479 viewsPlums

Whilst my heart says this would be wonderful, my business and football head says this is no time for an emotional gamble on a rookie. There is simply too much wrong with the club for us to replace a dire manager with a Dyer one.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:40 - Feb 18 with 1460 viewsBluefish

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:36 - Feb 18 by urbanblue

Couldn't Evans put Lambert on Gardening Leave with full pay and put Dyer and Butcher in charge til the end of the season.

Wouldn't make any difference to the finances and clearly mentally and physically Lambert needs to rest.

I think he has to be in post at a point in order to pay a lower amount

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:40 - Feb 18 with 1450 viewsEpiphone

I can’t see Evans digging that deep into his pocket to take on all three!
I'm making a call on the manager on 13:41 - Feb 18 with 1453 viewsitfcjoe

I'm not sure Dyer and Burley ever got on that well, Dyer always had a lot of time for Geraint Williams who is still involved at the academy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:41 - Feb 18 with 1444 viewsIllinoisblue

We could literally have a caretaker as caretaker manager and it wouldn’t be any worse than having Lambert in charge.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:41 - Feb 18 with 1441 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I just don't see what harm Dyer could do until the end of the season now. If he made the Playoffs he'd get the job surely?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:43 - Feb 18 with 1419 viewsKeno

Fishy I agree with you

They would be my shout

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:43 - Feb 18 with 1414 viewschrismakin

I personally see it as the lowest risk.

Any other manager without any links to Ipswich wont get half the support one our own will get.

They know our academy. They know how it works under Evans so no shocks.

What they will need is help. Burley. Milton. Etc all these could get involved in some capacity.

It makes the most sense for where we are as a club

I will add tho. I want pearson.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:44]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:43 - Feb 18 with 1411 viewsCoco

My sentiments of the past two years.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:44 - Feb 18 with 1410 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Just give it to Phil n Gav for the rest of the season.

At least it has the bonus of Phil being allowed back into the pressers.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:44 - Feb 18 with 1405 viewsBluefish

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:41 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

I'm not sure Dyer and Burley ever got on that well, Dyer always had a lot of time for Geraint Williams who is still involved at the academy

Burley was the bonus, not sure if he wants the job so happy for anyone to take the role that is a competent lead

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:45 - Feb 18 with 1385 viewsBluefish

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:43 - Feb 18 by Keno

Fishy I agree with you

They would be my shout

You always do keno, you are a wise man

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:45 - Feb 18 with 1383 viewsMattinLondon

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:32 - Feb 18 by MrTown

I fell of my chair when your justification for not hiring Paul Cook was his name was Paul and he's from Merseyside.

I love these comedy posts from you, brings me a good laughter in these times.

So we've gone for a man who has never managed, Butcher who hasn't been a good manager helping him, and Burley who has been out of management for nearly a decade - All in all a good blend.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:33]

The thing is that Dyer won’t really need to manage in the traditional footballing sense. Concentrate on purely the coaching of things and pick the team and tactics.

In terms of Man-management, he surly has a relationship with the players already which is half of the job. Terry Butcher could also told to focus on the training ground as well which means he won’t need to ‘manage’ in the sense of his previous experiences.

I’m not sure at all about Burley. He’s been out of the game for too long. Evans will need to dig deep to attract the right person.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:47]
I'm making a call on the manager on 13:46 - Feb 18 with 1373 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:44 - Feb 18 by Bluefish

Burley was the bonus, not sure if he wants the job so happy for anyone to take the role that is a competent lead

Williams would be good on the staff - he also knows this league.

John McGreal is another one knocking about.

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:52 - Feb 18 with 1330 viewsMrTown

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:45 - Feb 18 by MattinLondon

The thing is that Dyer won’t really need to manage in the traditional footballing sense. Concentrate on purely the coaching of things and pick the team and tactics.

In terms of Man-management, he surly has a relationship with the players already which is half of the job. Terry Butcher could also told to focus on the training ground as well which means he won’t need to ‘manage’ in the sense of his previous experiences.

I’m not sure at all about Burley. He’s been out of the game for too long. Evans will need to dig deep to attract the right person.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:47]

I wouldn't know as no one would about his ability to coach a first team, as hasn't done so before.

Also hard to judge whether he is successful at u23, because they were overall successful prior under Nash.

At this stage, he's not the right fit I fear - would go proven success.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:54 - Feb 18 with 1318 viewshadleighboyblue

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:29 - Feb 18 by Leaky

I would agree with that

Maybe with Taricco in there too ?

I like the idea of Burley as DOF
I'm making a call on the manager on 13:55 - Feb 18 with 1309 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:52 - Feb 18 by MrTown

I wouldn't know as no one would about his ability to coach a first team, as hasn't done so before.

Also hard to judge whether he is successful at u23, because they were overall successful prior under Nash.

Were the U23's successful under Nash? I don't think any of our youth teams have won anything since 2004/05. I wouldn't say we can rely on that.

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:55 - Feb 18 with 1305 viewsMattinLondon

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:52 - Feb 18 by MrTown

What like Lambert, Keane, Hurst and Jewell? All had successful promotions prior to coming here.
I'm making a call on the manager on 13:58 - Feb 18 with 1273 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:55 - Feb 18 by MattinLondon

What like Lambert, Keane, Hurst and Jewell? All had successful promotions prior to coming here.

Those are exaggerations though. Keane was a disaster at Sunderland. Jewell ruined Derby and Hurst has never recorded a single successful promotion as a manager in professional football!

Let's give Dyer a go.

I'm making a call on the manager on 13:59 - Feb 18 with 1267 viewsKropotkin123

Took you three years, but glad you've come round to my thinking on this one.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I'm making a call on the manager on 14:05 - Feb 18 with 1227 viewsBlueForYou

Agree with this. Burley being out of the game for too long. I see that as a positive. I will bet you all I have that George will do a better job than Lambert. & with Butcher, Dyer, Milton, etc, it would give us such a boost. Why does Evans not see this?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024