Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? 14:40 - Feb 18 with 2051 viewsCrockerITFC

Honestly would love to see someone like him back in the fold.
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:43 - Feb 18 with 1811 viewsKesgrave_Exile

To me it makes sense even for a few years. Town need a complete roots and branch review which he would be the ideal man to do. He has the football admin experience, contacts and reputation that Lee O'Neill lacks.

There will be people who still blame him for what happened twenty years ago. If you think like that give him the opportunity to redeem himself.
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:47 - Feb 18 with 1777 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I think we're seeing Sheepy with some roses tinted glasses at the moment. He relegated us with that 30mil debt and waited too late to sell a number of the players we could have sold to make up some of that debt in Holland, Stewart, Clapham, Herman, Marcus Bent, Findi and so on. We practically gave both Holland and Darren Bent away under him, as well as not getting a penny for Davis, Miller, Kuqi and so on. He sacked Burley which was crazy, we'd never have gone down we were just in a period of chaos, he'd have kept us up and rebuilt it just fine. He wasn't exactly a genius and Bowden wasn't all that either, just compared to Evans they are God's and lets not forget it was Sheepshanks that got us the Evans sale to begin with....
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 14:48]

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:48 - Feb 18 with 1754 viewsSpruceMoose

Not trying to be rude, but, whut?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:50 - Feb 18 with 1742 viewscarlisleaway

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:48 - Feb 18 by SpruceMoose

Not trying to be rude, but, whut?

We also had a good few years under David Sheepshanks chairmanship, don’t forget that
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:51 - Feb 18 with 1724 viewsSteve_M

Ah, good idea. Combine the bloke who took us into administration once and might have done so again with the bloke he sold the club to who has made such a hash of running it for 13 years.

FFS.

And in any case, Evans was none too enamoured with Sheepy's business skills when he managed to talk the price of David Norris up through the media.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:52 - Feb 18 with 1722 viewsSpruceMoose

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:50 - Feb 18 by carlisleaway

We also had a good few years under David Sheepshanks chairmanship, don’t forget that

I'm not convinced a Sheepshanks/Burley revival tour should be on anyone's wishlist.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:54 - Feb 18 with 1678 viewsBluefish

The old boys club in football has been replaced by an overseas club and they don't sit around sharing brandy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:59 - Feb 18 with 1671 viewshype313

I get that we're in a desperate situation, but some of the comments coming out are pretty extreme.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 15:02 - Feb 18 with 1656 viewsSpruceMoose

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:59 - Feb 18 by hype313

I get that we're in a desperate situation, but some of the comments coming out are pretty extreme.

The news comments are leaking. It's one of the signs that the potential for a good old fashioned managerial axing is blowing on the winds.

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 15:05 - Feb 18 with 1632 viewshype313

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 15:02 - Feb 18 by SpruceMoose

The news comments are leaking. It's one of the signs that the potential for a good old fashioned managerial axing is blowing on the winds.

You know things are bad when they start over spilling into here.

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 15:36 - Feb 18 with 1564 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:51 - Feb 18 by Steve_M

Ah, good idea. Combine the bloke who took us into administration once and might have done so again with the bloke he sold the club to who has made such a hash of running it for 13 years.

FFS.

And in any case, Evans was none too enamoured with Sheepy's business skills when he managed to talk the price of David Norris up through the media.

Exactly.

People forget that much of 2001 through to 2006 there were disastrous decisions made in the board room, decisions that led us here. You can't take away the 5 years of doing okay with Sheepshanks at the helm but we never won a major trophy in that time, he never led us to a sustained run in the top flight and nothing he did had any longevity.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 15:44 - Feb 18 with 1531 viewsRadlett_blue

While Evans owns and funds the club, what is the likelihood or indeed the point of having a more fan friendly figurehead as Chairman, as they won't have any power & will just be another Evans apologist/mouthpiece?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 15:53 - Feb 18 with 1490 viewsChurchman

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:43 - Feb 18 by Kesgrave_Exile

To me it makes sense even for a few years. Town need a complete roots and branch review which he would be the ideal man to do. He has the football admin experience, contacts and reputation that Lee O'Neill lacks.

There will be people who still blame him for what happened twenty years ago. If you think like that give him the opportunity to redeem himself.

It a no from me. Yes, the state of the club needs reviewing, but until the owner recognises that and wants it, it isn’t going to happen.

Assuming Evans morphed into somebody that actually cared about the club and wanted this done, I’d imagine Sheepshanks would be the last person he would ask, given his disastrous last few years here. If it was me, I’d ask somebody like Alan Curbishley to do it as he knows what a club in bits look like having been at Charlton before they went back to the Valley. Maybe him and Mick Mills who knows what the club could be.
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:03 - Feb 18 with 1458 viewsRadlett_blue

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 15:53 - Feb 18 by Churchman

It a no from me. Yes, the state of the club needs reviewing, but until the owner recognises that and wants it, it isn’t going to happen.

Assuming Evans morphed into somebody that actually cared about the club and wanted this done, I’d imagine Sheepshanks would be the last person he would ask, given his disastrous last few years here. If it was me, I’d ask somebody like Alan Curbishley to do it as he knows what a club in bits look like having been at Charlton before they went back to the Valley. Maybe him and Mick Mills who knows what the club could be.

Why would someone like Mills want to be an Evans mouthpiece? Mills cares about the club & understands football very well, but he was sensibly scathing on Tuesday night & hard to see him wanting to take on such a role. Indeed, anyone taking on such a role would appear as a stooge.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:08 - Feb 18 with 1446 viewsElderGrizzly

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 14:50 - Feb 18 by carlisleaway

Yes, we flew high until he didn't maintain the wings and engines and we crashed into a f#cking big crater in the ground
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:10 - Feb 18 with 1429 viewsKeno

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:08 - Feb 18 by ElderGrizzly

Yes, we flew high until he didn't maintain the wings and engines and we crashed into a f#cking big crater in the ground

We could rename ourselves Icarus FC

we are like a greek tragedy

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:31 - Feb 18 with 1389 viewsChrisd

I know they'll be some that will knock Sheepshanks after the administration business, but lets not forget he did a lot of good for the club and was also a wonderful representative. Sheepshanks is the exactly the type of character we lack in a senior position. Respected, personable, has the best interest of the club at heart and he'd be a huge driving factor for good. Personally, I'd have him back at the drop of the hat.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:36 - Feb 18 with 1359 viewshype313

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:31 - Feb 18 by Chrisd

I know they'll be some that will knock Sheepshanks after the administration business, but lets not forget he did a lot of good for the club and was also a wonderful representative. Sheepshanks is the exactly the type of character we lack in a senior position. Respected, personable, has the best interest of the club at heart and he'd be a huge driving factor for good. Personally, I'd have him back at the drop of the hat.

And his plan actually had substance, as opposed to a soundbite.

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:39 - Feb 18 with 1347 viewsElderGrizzly

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:31 - Feb 18 by Chrisd

No issue with him being a 'public face' of Town, just not in a position with financial responsibilities
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 1296 viewsrickw

Yes he made mistakes, but I'm sure he learnt from them too.
Let's not forget he's the Chairman who took us to the Premier League and Europe (then got carried away) and since then has been working at the FA so will have a contacts list like nobody else

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 17:23 - Feb 18 with 1238 viewsAlanG296

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:55 - Feb 18 by rickw

Yes he made mistakes, but I'm sure he learnt from them too.
Let's not forget he's the Chairman who took us to the Premier League and Europe (then got carried away) and since then has been working at the FA so will have a contacts list like nobody else

Ultimately from Sheepshanks' reign he got a long career in football admin, hobnobbing with the FA, UEFA, Football League etc., and we got a couple of exceptional seasons 20 years ago followed by going bust and "rescue" by Marcus Evans. Sheepshanks was more facade than substance. PRSheepshanks.
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 17:25 - Feb 18 with 1230 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Fair to say they don't see eye to eye!
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 17:31 - Feb 18 with 1207 viewshype313

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 17:25 - Feb 18 by PrideOfTheEast

Fair to say they don't see eye to eye!

Yep, the posh Arthur Daley.

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 19:16 - Feb 18 with 1082 viewsallezlesbleus

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 17:23 - Feb 18 by AlanG296

Ultimately from Sheepshanks' reign he got a long career in football admin, hobnobbing with the FA, UEFA, Football League etc., and we got a couple of exceptional seasons 20 years ago followed by going bust and "rescue" by Marcus Evans. Sheepshanks was more facade than substance. PRSheepshanks.

This is spot on.

I said at the time that Sheepshanks was like a politician, using us (ITFC) as a stepping stone to bigger things for himself.
Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 20:27 - Feb 18 with 996 viewsChurchman

Why doesn't ME hire Sheepshanks to come back as Chairman? on 16:03 - Feb 18 by Radlett_blue

Why would someone like Mills want to be an Evans mouthpiece? Mills cares about the club & understands football very well, but he was sensibly scathing on Tuesday night & hard to see him wanting to take on such a role. Indeed, anyone taking on such a role would appear as a stooge.

I am assuming 3 spirits would visit Evans after Jacob Marley made a comeback and Evans became overnight a changed man....

Ok you’re probably right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024