Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan’s comment 09:43 - Feb 19 with 907 viewsGeorge25

I think Nolan has every right to say he “would rather be at home with his family”, after being made to travel to Crewe to sit in the stands, when he was told he would be on the bench. Surely it would be more beneficial for the team and them selves to not travel?
Nolan’s comment on 10:09 - Feb 19 with 829 viewsusm

No he doesnt, although you can understand where he is coming from.
Lambert should be managing the players better, then these sort of comments would not be made, but Nolan was wrong.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Nolan’s comment on 10:10 - Feb 19 with 818 viewsSwailsey

Nolan’s comment on 10:09 - Feb 19 by usm

Lambert should be managing the players better, then these sort of comments would not be made, but Nolan was wrong.

Exactly. Not right, but not a massive issue either. He has no control over his players. Poor management.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Nolan’s comment on 10:10 - Feb 19 with 810 viewstextbackup

joe has already told the exact story of what happened. Nolan was told he was on the bench before going, then dropped form the 18 on day of game.

im sure you'd be happy at being lied to if it was you.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nolan’s comment on 10:11 - Feb 19 with 798 viewsBlueWorldOrder

As I said in another thread. If this was a new manager who had exiled those two for these very reasons they would have been cheered for it. They are taking the piss out of this club and have been since they joined. Lambert needs to go, but we won't miss Nolan or Jackson when they are gone either. Terrible players, awful attitudes and sums up why they relegated us with no fight and can only scrape in average performances in League One.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Nolan’s comment on 10:13 - Feb 19 with 759 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Nolan’s comment on 10:10 - Feb 19 by textbackup

joe has already told the exact story of what happened. Nolan was told he was on the bench before going, then dropped form the 18 on day of game.

im sure you'd be happy at being lied to if it was you.

Lied to? Football manager changes team is not a lie, its part of the game. If that was your teenage son who was dropped on the day, would you encourage him to sulk and go home or would you tell him to take it on the chin, work hard, have a good attitude and fight for your place in the team?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Nolan’s comment on 10:14 - Feb 19 with 729 viewsSwailsey

Nolan’s comment on 10:13 - Feb 19 by BlueWorldOrder

Lied to? Football manager changes team is not a lie, its part of the game. If that was your teenage son who was dropped on the day, would you encourage him to sulk and go home or would you tell him to take it on the chin, work hard, have a good attitude and fight for your place in the team?

Have you read what Joe posted?

I'm sure most people would react in the same way as JN.

Is it good? No. Is it out of order? Yes.

Worthy of talking about publicly? No way in hell. This sort of thing happens time and time again in clubs.

Would this even be a story if we were top of the league? Nope.

All roads back to Lambert.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Nolan’s comment on 10:17 - Feb 19 with 699 viewsSimonds92

Nolan’s comment on 10:11 - Feb 19 by BlueWorldOrder

As I said in another thread. If this was a new manager who had exiled those two for these very reasons they would have been cheered for it. They are taking the piss out of this club and have been since they joined. Lambert needs to go, but we won't miss Nolan or Jackson when they are gone either. Terrible players, awful attitudes and sums up why they relegated us with no fight and can only scrape in average performances in League One.

I think a new manager would be looking to build relationships with the players and gain a mutual understanding of expectations. I dont think he would be telling players theyre in the team before telling them just before the teams are announced that they're not on the bench. Can completely understand the frustration and why he said what he did. He may have had a much better attitude if he was rold the situation the day before.
Nolan’s comment on 10:17 - Feb 19 with 699 viewsSouperJim

It's just really bad man management whichever way you cut it. Yes Nolan probably reacted poorly, but it's the manager's job to, erm, manage.

And now Lambert think it's a good idea to tell the press all about it... just incredible really. What's next?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Nolan’s comment on 10:17 - Feb 19 with 698 viewsglasso

Yeah I think it's a daft thing to say - you're being paid to work. If the boss wants you to go to work then you turn up. It's no different to being called to a meeting you have no need to be at (which is pretty much my entire working life...), you're being paid, so show up and look interested.

But it's just another sign of the discontent in the dressing room. I bet when the team's flying and everybody's having a good time, you'd be happy to jump on the coach with the lads and be a part of it all.
Nolan’s comment on 10:18 - Feb 19 with 689 viewstextbackup

Nolan’s comment on 10:13 - Feb 19 by BlueWorldOrder

you've not read Joe's post have you.

I agree on your points you make, but in this instance, it doesn't really apply.

PL told players to some more fight in training, Nolan done this, and got punished for it, then PL says he wants players willing to fight for shirt..... hes gone full circle. he's mental

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nolan’s comment on 10:39 - Feb 19 with 571 viewsRomeo4

If Nolan breached a squad rule then he deserves to be spoken to about it, perhaps even fined. For me it’s the manner of how this then plays out which is ridiculous. To separate a senior player from training with his first teammates is surely over the top and counterproductive to all concerned.

Then to call him out publicly in a press conference a number of weeks later just feels cruel and merely adds to the overall impression that the manager has lost the respect of all parties.

Add to that Jackson appears to still being punished in a similar way for a moment of aggression on the field. Something he was quite rightly sent off for but very quickly, and to his credit, apologised publicly for instantly.

At a time when we need the whole club to be pulling in the same direction surely this is just shooting ourselves in the foot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024