Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delusions of Respect 11:02 - Feb 19 with 1044 viewsDecageBruce

Reading Lambert’s comments about Nolan what strikes me is how much he talks about the past. There is no doubt that he played at a very good level and had a good time at Norwich.

However, if he speaks to the players as he speaks to the press and constantly harps back to his personal achievement whilst failing at everything currently how can any player in the squad respect him?

It is the same in any walk of life. If a new manager started at your company and continuously told you how good they were at their last company, how much higher/bigger/better they’ve experienced whilst adding little to their current role then they certainly wouldn’t get my respect or buy in as I would feel as though they believed they were better than me and dismissing all of the work required to improve the current situation.

The more I hear at the moment the more I see delusions of grandeur from PL and it comes across that he truly believes that he is not the issue (he isn’t the only issue granted) but that it’s everyone else that’s the problem
Delusions of Respect on 11:05 - Feb 19 with 1000 viewsBlueastheycome

I genuinely think he has caught wind of how we mock him for it, so just does it on the wind up back.
Delusions of Respect on 11:07 - Feb 19 with 989 viewshype313

The biggest issue for me is relevance, yes he played for big clubs, but he's not a player anymore so it makes no sense to talk about this.

If he had successfully managed big clubs then he could put together a strong argument, but he hasn't been a success anywhere for ten years.

What relevance does winning the SPL 20 years ago have on managing Ipswich Town?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Delusions of Respect on 11:11 - Feb 19 with 953 viewsDecageBruce

Delusions of Respect on 11:07 - Feb 19 by hype313

The biggest issue for me is relevance, yes he played for big clubs, but he's not a player anymore so it makes no sense to talk about this.

If he had successfully managed big clubs then he could put together a strong argument, but he hasn't been a success anywhere for ten years.

What relevance does winning the SPL 20 years ago have on managing Ipswich Town?

Exactly, it’s like returning to the nightclub of your greatest pull 15 years later expecting to do the same and telling everyone about it when you’ve been sat eating pot noodles and playing with yourself every Saturday since that original night
Delusions of Respect on 11:13 - Feb 19 with 946 viewshype313

Delusions of Respect on 11:11 - Feb 19 by DecageBruce

Exactly, it’s like returning to the nightclub of your greatest pull 15 years later expecting to do the same and telling everyone about it when you’ve been sat eating pot noodles and playing with yourself every Saturday since that original night

it’s like returning to the nightclub of your greatest pull 15 years later expecting to do the same when you've changed sex.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Delusions of Respect on 12:38 - Feb 19 with 879 viewsHarlestonblue

Apparently when Alan Ball got the COL U job he walked into the dressing room and placed his World Cup Winners Medal (and others) on the table to make some sort of point about his greatness.
I would imagine he lost the dressing room straight away.
It's getting a bit like this now with Lambert. He just can't talk to anyone in the media without bringing up the same BS.
Delusions of Respect on 12:42 - Feb 19 with 858 viewsBeckets

Delusions of Respect on 12:38 - Feb 19 by Harlestonblue

Apparently when Alan Ball got the COL U job he walked into the dressing room and placed his World Cup Winners Medal (and others) on the table to make some sort of point about his greatness.
It's getting a bit like this now with Lambert. He just can't talk to anyone in the media without bringing up the same BS.

I’m pretty sure Alan Ball never managed Colchester.
Delusions of Respect on 12:46 - Feb 19 with 835 viewsHarlestonblue

Delusions of Respect on 12:42 - Feb 19 by Beckets

OK i stand corrected but he was assistant to Jock Wallace at Layer Road, it must have happened then.
Delusions of Respect on 12:47 - Feb 19 with 820 viewstownblue

Delusions of Respect on 11:05 - Feb 19 by Blueastheycome

I genuinely think he has caught wind of how we mock him for it, so just does it on the wind up back.

It has to be this. There is no other way to explain it.
Login to get fewer ads

Delusions of Respect on 12:48 - Feb 19 with 815 viewsjeera

Delusions of Respect on 12:42 - Feb 19 by Beckets

No, but had he, then he might have done that.

You need to take that into consideration.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Delusions of Respect on 12:49 - Feb 19 with 811 viewsBryanPlug

Delusions of Respect on 12:38 - Feb 19 by Harlestonblue

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Delusions of Respect on 12:50 - Feb 19 with 804 viewsjeera

Delusions of Respect on 12:47 - Feb 19 by townblue

It has to be this. There is no other way to explain it.

That does make some sense.

Is he smart enough to do that though?

Yes, I s'pose he is. It's not exactly the highest in the ranking of wittiest things is it.

Delusions of Respect on 12:51 - Feb 19 with 799 viewsSwansea_Blue

it seems like he and his team lack any sort of emotional intelligence or man management skills. That covers everything from the singling out of players, being too prickly to reflect on criticism, the fall out with Phil, the general grumpiness in pressers, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Delusions of Respect on 12:54 - Feb 19 with 780 viewsjeera

Delusions of Respect on 12:51 - Feb 19 by Swansea_Blue

it seems like he and his team lack any sort of emotional intelligence or man management skills. That covers everything from the singling out of players, being too prickly to reflect on criticism, the fall out with Phil, the general grumpiness in pressers, etc.

Almost like the bloke's a complete tosser?

I don't know how anyone can be bothered to analyse anything anymore where he's concerned.

We know what he is and he seemingly even goes out of his way to prove it now.

As has been said, he's trolling us, and he's trolling his own boss.

Delusions of Respect on 12:57 - Feb 19 with 765 viewsChurchman

In my really boring career, I heard people waltz in and talk about their past a number times. It used to bore me rigid and on more than one occasion I advised/had to tell people not to do it.

‘When I was at’ etc etc..... Who cares!
Delusions of Respect on 13:13 - Feb 19 with 720 viewsSwansea_Blue

Delusions of Respect on 12:54 - Feb 19 by jeera

Almost like the bloke's a complete tosser?

I don't know how anyone can be bothered to analyse anything anymore where he's concerned.

We know what he is and he seemingly even goes out of his way to prove it now.

As has been said, he's trolling us, and he's trolling his own boss.

Yes, but worse in a way. Some people can be tossers and still motivate people. He's just comes across as surly, grumpy, defensive. It's all very negative tossership.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024