Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You won't be surprised by my view 11:13 - Feb 19 with 2094 viewsBluefish

Lambert is a disgrace throwing his players under a bus. A proper manager would not make a senior pro travel to an away game and leave them out of the 18 without a chat beforehand. It just isn't how you do things, if I was Nolan I would have gone mental and left. Those cast aside and not in the 18 are ignored on matchdays and not around the team and dressing room

I also believe the Jackson issues run deeper and the red card was deliberate

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

You won't be surprised by my view on 11:15 - Feb 19 with 2072 viewsgordon

It's the way he drags them out from under the bus afterwards and shoves them in the boot so he can throw them under more buses in the future if he needs to that gets me.
You won't be surprised by my view on 11:22 - Feb 19 with 2025 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

Also fine for Downes to get a stupid red card, but kills Jackson for his.

Both were avoidable and wrong.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

You won't be surprised by my view on 11:29 - Feb 19 with 1970 viewshype313

The Jackson issue is because it highlights the fact that he doesn't have the tactical nouce to play him correctly and gets shown up when clubs in higher divisions show interest.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

You won't be surprised by my view on 11:30 - Feb 19 with 1952 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

You think Jackson intentionally got himself sent off?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

You won't be surprised by my view on 11:35 - Feb 19 with 1940 viewsBluefish

You won't be surprised by my view on 11:30 - Feb 19 by WestStanderLaLaLa

You think Jackson intentionally got himself sent off?

Yes I think he feels Lambert is destroying his career. The challenge was ludicrous, he won't be the first or last player to do it

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:13 - Feb 19 with 1889 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Don’t agree with you on this.

Nolan is the disgrace. He is paid a fortune to do a job that most of us can only dream of doing. So he’s made to travel to an away game and doesn’t make the final 18. Big deal. Perhaps he should be asking himself why he can’t get in the worst itfc side in over 50 years.

With regard Jackson, yes there may be something deeper going on, but to suggest that Jackson get sent off deliberately is a massive slur on the guy’s character.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:28 - Feb 19 with 1851 viewsBluefish

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:13 - Feb 19 by southnorfolkblue

Nolan is the disgrace. He is paid a fortune to do a job that most of us can only dream of doing. So he’s made to travel to an away game and doesn’t make the final 18. Big deal. Perhaps he should be asking himself why he can’t get in the worst itfc side in over 50 years.

With regard Jackson, yes there may be something deeper going on, but to suggest that Jackson get sent off deliberately is a massive slur on the guy’s character.

What exactly is it that he needs to be there for? Saying I might as well be with my family instead of sitting on a coach while my mates play football isn't really a big deal

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:31 - Feb 19 with 1841 viewsgazzer1999

Could not agree more, the tackle looked bad and maybe lazy but no real intent. Nolan well I think his performances speak for themselves.
With regards not making the 18 it’s not unheard of to pull a muscle or the like in the warm up, so you need to take more than the 18, what planet are some on? Very poor player with now it seems an attitude to match.
Lambert is pretty much saying what we have all thought about Evans and now he is calling him out, what’s not to like?.
Login to get fewer ads

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:31 - Feb 19 with 1839 viewswkj

Another reckless move from Lambert which is basically a mask to say "Dear Evans, please fire me and give me my fat old paycheck".

Even if Jackson and Nolan were in the wrong (Nolan I am more sympathetic with), you don't make it public news - you just don't.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 1829 viewsjayessess

I've no problem with our players being annoyed when they aren't in the team. Even if he said that (and Lambert is hardly a trustworthy witness), It certainly isn't a "never play for the club again" offence.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:34 - Feb 19 with 1823 viewssouthnorfolkblue

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:28 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

What exactly is it that he needs to be there for? Saying I might as well be with my family instead of sitting on a coach while my mates play football isn't really a big deal

They don’t just travel with 18 players to an away game do they? What happens if someone gets sick overnight etc.

Nolan is completely in the wrong on this.

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:38 - Feb 19 with 1792 viewssouthnorfolkblue

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:33 - Feb 19 by jayessess

I've no problem with our players being annoyed when they aren't in the team. Even if he said that (and Lambert is hardly a trustworthy witness), It certainly isn't a "never play for the club again" offence.

Being annoyed is understandable and as you say you’d be disappointed if they weren’t, but Nolan’s alleged comments are pretty pathetic for a bloke that earns what he does.

Ball is in Nolan’s court to show that he wants it enough. As you say, shouldn’t be a case that he never plays for us again

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:40 - Feb 19 with 1785 viewsArnoldMoorhen

That's a big allegation in your second paragraph, and, in light of his tweet this week, defamatory. You might want to edit it out.
You won't be surprised by my view on 12:40 - Feb 19 with 1780 viewsgazzer1999

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:31 - Feb 19 by wkj

Another reckless move from Lambert which is basically a mask to say "Dear Evans, please fire me and give me my fat old paycheck".

Even if Jackson and Nolan were in the wrong (Nolan I am more sympathetic with), you don't make it public news - you just don't.

Someone leaked that they were training with the 23s, Jackson tweeted that you don’t question his integrity, no doubt someone has leaked about Nolan, and lambert was asked about it he gave an answer, what more do you want?
I am a KD fan and think he should be in charge next however he refused to play in a team picked by Sir Bobby so they are all at it and will continue to be, Sir Bobby lost his job soon after, player power rules again.
You won't be surprised by my view on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 1738 viewswkj

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:40 - Feb 19 by gazzer1999

Someone leaked that they were training with the 23s, Jackson tweeted that you don’t question his integrity, no doubt someone has leaked about Nolan, and lambert was asked about it he gave an answer, what more do you want?
I am a KD fan and think he should be in charge next however he refused to play in a team picked by Sir Bobby so they are all at it and will continue to be, Sir Bobby lost his job soon after, player power rules again.

What Lambert should have said was no more than "We're aware of the comments and dealing with them internally."

That is how people management goes.

As for the KD thing, that was at another club I have no affinity towards, so really don't see much worth clarifying on that point as I couldn't care less how a manager at a different club handles his time there, beyond wishing them success - ITFC legend of otherwise

Crybaby

You won't be surprised by my view on 13:15 - Feb 19 with 1729 viewshype313

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:40 - Feb 19 by gazzer1999

To be fair to Keiron, he has stated on numerous occasions that that is one of his biggest regrets in football.

Can't beat him with that stick.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

You won't be surprised by my view on 13:19 - Feb 19 with 1714 viewswkj

You won't be surprised by my view on 13:15 - Feb 19 by hype313

To be fair to Keiron, he has stated on numerous occasions that that is one of his biggest regrets in football.

Can't beat him with that stick.

Pretty much. Young KD, by his own admission, was nowhere near the level headed individual he appears to be now.

Crybaby

You won't be surprised by my view on 13:25 - Feb 19 with 1692 viewsBluefish

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:34 - Feb 19 by southnorfolkblue

They don’t just travel with 18 players to an away game do they? What happens if someone gets sick overnight etc.

Nolan is completely in the wrong on this.

Someone fills in on the left bench. There are usually 3 of them at least but his point probably was

A) he should have been told in advance

B) a youngster would be better travelling as remote chance cover to help gain experience

It just isn't how it works in football. I went fooking berserk once in local football because I was told in the changing room that I was dropped to the bench. You just don't do that till senior players unless you want to send a message

You won't be surprised by my view on 13:45 - Feb 19 with 1655 viewsclive_baker

You won't be surprised by my view on 12:28 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

If Lambert told him he's in the 18, and subsequently said he wasn't, then I can see why Nolan is annoyed at that aspect of it, but that's got nothing to do with travelling up there. That would smack of petulance from Lambert, trying to prove some sort of point and hang Nolan out to dry in front of his teammates.

Travelling to an away game when you're not in the 18 isn't that unusual. It's not uncommon for players to get sick or injured in a warm up and in that event you would want your strongest bench possible. He's a professional footballer, he's on duty.

On a similar note I was out in Ipswich many moons ago with a player (who I wont name) one Friday night, we were absolutely hammered, it was before a home game the following day. He was 100% sure he wasn't needed and had been told as such, so thought it OK to go out. His phone rang at about 11pm, it was Roy Keane saying someone was sick, so he wanted him there tomorrow in case. Never seen anyone sober up so quickly.

My message to the players would be this is the squad, I'm sorry you wont all be involved but prepare as if you will be at some stage.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

You won't be surprised by my view on 16:03 - Feb 19 with 1555 viewsitfcjoe

You won't be surprised by my view on 13:45 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

If Lambert told him he's in the 18, and subsequently said he wasn't, then I can see why Nolan is annoyed at that aspect of it, but that's got nothing to do with travelling up there. That would smack of petulance from Lambert, trying to prove some sort of point and hang Nolan out to dry in front of his teammates.

Travelling to an away game when you're not in the 18 isn't that unusual. It's not uncommon for players to get sick or injured in a warm up and in that event you would want your strongest bench possible. He's a professional footballer, he's on duty.

On a similar note I was out in Ipswich many moons ago with a player (who I wont name) one Friday night, we were absolutely hammered, it was before a home game the following day. He was 100% sure he wasn't needed and had been told as such, so thought it OK to go out. His phone rang at about 11pm, it was Roy Keane saying someone was sick, so he wanted him there tomorrow in case. Never seen anyone sober up so quickly.

My message to the players would be this is the squad, I'm sorry you wont all be involved but prepare as if you will be at some stage.

This is where the fall out with Jackson started too, they'd started previous game (him and Huws) and went to Burton knowing they weren't starting but assuming they'd be on the bench

Then the teamsheet goes up on projector at 1pm and they aren't on the bench, no one speaks to them.

They subsequently are on the subs bus back, and no one has told them why not selected etc so they are p155ed off massively.

Next game Jackson needs to start and gets sent off 10 minutes in - manager talks about needing all the players (and when you see tomorrow's team you'll see how scatter gun his approach is) but he p155es them all off on a weekly basis

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You won't be surprised by my view on 16:49 - Feb 19 with 1479 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

You won't be surprised by my view on 13:25 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Someone fills in on the left bench. There are usually 3 of them at least but his point probably was

A) he should have been told in advance

B) a youngster would be better travelling as remote chance cover to help gain experience

It just isn't how it works in football. I went fooking berserk once in local football because I was told in the changing room that I was dropped to the bench. You just don't do that till senior players unless you want to send a message

They started Gwion in your place? Ahh that explains a lot.
You won't be surprised by my view on 18:30 - Feb 19 with 1386 viewsHerbivore

So you're an outer now then?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You won't be surprised by my view on 18:33 - Feb 19 with 1375 viewsGlasgowBlue

You won't be surprised by my view on 18:30 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

So you're an outer now then?

Typical fishers jumping on the Lambert out bandwagon.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024