Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The main problem is that he's just not very bright 14:00 - Feb 19 with 2986 viewsCotty

This is why I worry about Kieron if I'm brutally honest.
The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:02 - Feb 19 with 2077 viewsjayessess

What are you basing that on, his GCSE results?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:03 - Feb 19 with 2070 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Do you know him personally?

Or are you one of his old school teachers?
The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:10 - Feb 19 with 1980 viewsjeera

But then there's the footballing mind as opposed to the intellectual brain too.

He's worked well with the younger generation and seems to be popular, so if he can pass on his footballing knowledge and if they respect the guy because, I would guess, he can still turn it on a bit himself when he feels like it, then a coaching role with the first team doesn't seem too far-fetched.

He wouldn't need to run the club, just coach the players and give them some direction and belief.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:11 - Feb 19 with 1974 viewsghostofescobar

Didn't stop Boris Johnson doing ok jobwise (by ok, I mean getting the job, rather how well he's done the job)

GhostOfEscobar

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:13 - Feb 19 with 1953 viewsKeno

It hasn't stopped me

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:17 - Feb 19 with 1917 viewsjayessess

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:10 - Feb 19 by jeera

But then there's the footballing mind as opposed to the intellectual brain too.

He's worked well with the younger generation and seems to be popular, so if he can pass on his footballing knowledge and if they respect the guy because, I would guess, he can still turn it on a bit himself when he feels like it, then a coaching role with the first team doesn't seem too far-fetched.

He wouldn't need to run the club, just coach the players and give them some direction and belief.

I've seen literally nothing to suggest intellectually "he's not very bright" relative to other football managers.

Scott Parker and Steve Gerrard are currently having successful managerial stints at the top of the game. Does KD speak any less intelligently than they do?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 14:17]

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:19 - Feb 19 with 1884 viewsjeera

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:17 - Feb 19 by jayessess

I've seen literally nothing to suggest intellectually "he's not very bright" relative to other football managers.

Scott Parker and Steve Gerrard are currently having successful managerial stints at the top of the game. Does KD speak any less intelligently than they do?

I don't believe I've suggested otherwise.

Was literally separating the two.

My point was about his obvious footballing abilities and that the rest is not relevant.

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:27 - Feb 19 with 1829 viewsIllinoisblue

Yeah, I don’t think Evans is very bright either

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:31 - Feb 19 with 1793 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't know if he is or not but based on the limited amount of interviews i've heard he speaks well and thoughtfully.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:32 - Feb 19 with 1776 viewsCotty

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:02 - Feb 19 by jayessess

What are you basing that on, his GCSE results?

No, just an impression (which I fully concede may not be particularly accurate) that I have from listening to him speak over the years.
The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:33 - Feb 19 with 1771 viewsjayessess

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:19 - Feb 19 by jeera

My point was about his obvious footballing abilities and that the rest is not relevant.

Yeah, I know. I was just further rejecting the OP's premise.

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 1751 viewsCotty

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:17 - Feb 19 by jayessess

I mean, yes, in my opinion. Scott Parker in particular speaks well, I think. Much more analytical, and you need that in a manager.
The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 1748 viewshype313

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:32 - Feb 19 by Cotty

No, just an impression (which I fully concede may not be particularly accurate) that I have from listening to him speak over the years.

He went to Westbourne, education and Westbourne is an oxymoron

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:36 - Feb 19 with 1736 viewsCotty

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:35 - Feb 19 by hype313

Let's be clear, I am not talking about his education.
The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:37 - Feb 19 with 1716 viewscatch74

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:19 - Feb 19 by jeera

Bobby Robson left school at 15, to become an electricians apprentice. Son of a coal miner.
Instead of studying at school, A levels, degree he was playing football . Working just as hard as anyone else, if not harder playing, training, learning - to become one of the greatest managers. I’d rate his intelligence in so many facets of his life higher than so many academics.
I get it so much with the pub, kids studying various degrees come to work and often look down their noses. They’re generally useless, lack empathy and most often any shred of common sense. I guess you could say they’re thick compared to other staff that have trained, care about the job and can multi task. This is compounded by an inability to realise accept they’re useless, ask for help from people they falsely believe are beneath them.
The only way we’d know if KD is intelligent enough for the job is to see how he performs at his first managerial appointment.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:38 - Feb 19 with 1706 viewsjeera

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:33 - Feb 19 by jayessess

Yeah, I know. I was just further rejecting the OP's premise.

Just to add to that a bit really:

A chap I knew from my local played for Scowie's local team (over Stanton way ?) and said one of the reasons they all took notice of him was because he could still outclass each and every one of them on the pitch despite being several years their senior etc.

"What he can do with a ball..." matey was telling me with some element of awe.

So although I think a man who is older and had lots of experience throughout various levels of the game can make for a better manager, it's still good to have the odd coach about who is young enough to still do the stuff, if you know what I mean.

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:38 - Feb 19 with 1706 viewsjayessess

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:35 - Feb 19 by Cotty

I mean, yes, in my opinion. Scott Parker in particular speaks well, I think. Much more analytical, and you need that in a manager.

Scott Parker speaks in garbled David Brentisms.

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:39 - Feb 19 with 1694 viewsNthQldITFC

Pretty dumb assertion then all round, and dare I say it, slightly ironic?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:39 - Feb 19 with 1690 viewsjayessess

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:36 - Feb 19 by Cotty

Let's be clear, I am not talking about his education.

Go on then, what is it that indicates to you that "he's not very bright"?

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:42 - Feb 19 with 1650 viewsWallingford_Boy

Good point, Scott Parker actually appears brain dead.

But a good manager and thats what counts.

RIP Sir Bobby

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:43 - Feb 19 with 1638 viewsgiant_stow

Now look what you've gone started, mathsman. brute.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:46 - Feb 19 with 1619 viewsjayessess

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:35 - Feb 19 by hype313

So, what school you went to determines how intelligent you are!?

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:46 - Feb 19 with 1617 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Not sure you are listening to the same chap as the rest of us. I think KD always comes across as considered and thoughtful.

If I may, id suggest your opinion is based on a young KD who it is fair to see enjoyed life as a multi millionaire footballer and young man..... would you have done different? Id like to say I would have.....but if I'm being honest with his money and fame I'd have been the Nappa vid with him

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:46 - Feb 19 with 1611 viewsJ2BLUE

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:43 - Feb 19 by giant_stow

Now look what you've gone started, mathsman. brute.

Unfortunately he's done 2+2 and got 5

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:47 - Feb 19 with 1609 viewsCotty

The main problem is that he's just not very bright on 14:39 - Feb 19 by jayessess

Go on then, what is it that indicates to you that "he's not very bright"?

From hearing him talk about football. As mentioned above. Once again, I might be completely wrong - it's just an impression from hearing him speak.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024