Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Delia ran the club 09:05 - Feb 20 with 819 viewsSir_Bob

I hate Norwich, I hate Norwich city with a passion, but their owner did something clever.

If she ran the football club, where would Norwich be? Mid table in L1 perhaps, maybe further down.

She was lucky to start with, she got Lambert with a decent No2, he inherited Wes Hoolahoop and that fat, cheating, diving prick upfront who I cannot even bring myself to write his name. They lived off a double promotion for a while before it went stale again. Then she said, sod this, this is staring to look awful again with massive debts, so went out and got one of the best director's of football out there in Stuart Webber.
Has has vision, is very pro active and you can see what structure he has and is putting in place.
Ipswich on the other hand are still being run by somebody who, after 13 years, still has no clue how to run a football club. There is no visible structure. No recruitment policy. No vision, no drive and certainly no transparency.
Ipswich have been at many crossroads over the last 13 years and have taken the wrong path each time. Surely it's now time for the owner to go out there, get someone who knows how to run a football club and try to turn around this sinking ship.
But can anyone see that happening? Sadly not!
If Delia ran the club on 09:13 - Feb 20 with 775 viewsWeWereZombies

Nice to see an impassioned rant dealt out so coherently for a change, only quibble from me would be the expectation of transparency from Evans - if his dealings suddenly became transparent it would be the Panama Papers all over again I reckon.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

If Delia ran the club on 10:34 - Feb 20 with 646 viewsRegencyBlue

To be honest it’s not that clever in the scheme of things.

I’ll get somebody with a proven track record in to run this business I know nothing about is what it comes down to. Rocket science it’s not.

My guess as to why it hasn’t been done here is twofold. Initially Evans wasn’t here for the long term. Get the club to the Premiership quickly, make a fast buck and sell up sooner rather than later was his plan and he obviously thought it would be easy to do. Once that plan blew up spectacularly in his face he has since cut spending as much as he can and a decent Director of Football would cost.

His neglect of the club long term is responsible for the mess we find ourselves in and whilst we need a change of manager that, in itself, is not going to sort it!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 10:36]
If Delia ran the club on 11:04 - Feb 20 with 595 viewsPlums

The stark reality is that you’re comparing completely different economic circumstances. Even if he did the sensible thing and brought in a DoF and CEO to run the business for him, I’m far from convinced he can afford to run a 2021 (I wish!) Championship club.

The game has moved beyond what Evans is prepared to commit. If we were to go up, unless there was some sort of miracle and the squad burned its way up the division immediately, we’ll land back here in a couple of years.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024