Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) 10:45 - Feb 20 with 1574 viewsabracaDOBRA_

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 10:47 - Feb 20 with 1561 viewsBluefish

Because the pay off isn't agreed and contracts signed? That suggests we have days left.

How can he give the team talk when he has such a hollow position? How can he give them a rocket at HT when he has no future here?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 10:51 - Feb 20 with 1523 viewsabracaDOBRA_

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 10:47 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Because the pay off isn't agreed and contracts signed? That suggests we have days left.

How can he give the team talk when he has such a hollow position? How can he give them a rocket at HT when he has no future here?

It's a bizarre situation. I don't know much about the financial side of a sacking, and how it works, but I don't get why it couldn't be done as quick as Hurst.

The performance today will be interesting. If they know he's gone then imagine their performance...
If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 10:51 - Feb 20 with 1522 viewsFreddy

He's going to give him a bit longer why the play offs are still a possibility??
If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 10:52 - Feb 20 with 1505 viewsPilgrimblue

Last game!
If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:00 - Feb 20 with 1421 viewsFreddies_Ears

Maybe they'll announce Lambert's 2 year contract extension later. Which would be awesome trolling!
If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:00 - Feb 20 with 1419 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 10:47 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

The pay off would normally be decided by solicitors after a manager is out the door. Standard practice.

My feeling is Evans said, 'Lose to Oxford and you're gone immediately, win or draw and we'll talk again next week'

I just don't see any other reason for him to even be there today. Taylor can take charge.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 11:01]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:03 - Feb 20 with 1386 viewsBluefish

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:00 - Feb 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

The pay off would normally be decided by solicitors after a manager is out the door. Standard practice.

My feeling is Evans said, 'Lose to Oxford and you're gone immediately, win or draw and we'll talk again next week'

I just don't see any other reason for him to even be there today. Taylor can take charge.

This isn't a standard case though the release clause is being renegotiated. That is very different to negotiating paying off the end of a contract

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:05 - Feb 20 with 1360 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:03 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

This isn't a standard case though the release clause is being renegotiated. That is very different to negotiating paying off the end of a contract

The release clause is being renegotiated? Where's that come from?
A renegotiation needs Lambert to say 'Yes'.

Login to get fewer ads

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:07 - Feb 20 with 1333 viewsOsborneOneNil

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:00 - Feb 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

I’ll be amazed if he’s on a game by game thing.

He’s gone.
If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:08 - Feb 20 with 1322 viewsjayessess

Either
(a) They've not ironed out the finances on his going yet and taking the first team off him would be a little bit dicey legally

(b) Evans continue to be paralysed by indecision and doubt

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:09 - Feb 20 with 1317 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:07 - Feb 20 by OsborneOneNil

I’ll be amazed if he’s on a game by game thing.

He’s gone.

Then why leave him on the bench today? Makes no sense.
Unless he won't be, as you say he's gone and the club haven't announced it as yet?

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:10 - Feb 20 with 1299 viewsBlueBadger

My fervent hope is that Evans is getting some watertight legal advice that will mean he can sack him for minimal outlay.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:10 - Feb 20 with 1283 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:08 - Feb 20 by jayessess

Either
(a) They've not ironed out the finances on his going yet and taking the first team off him would be a little bit dicey legally

(b) Evans continue to be paralysed by indecision and doubt

(a) Maybe. Isn't that what 'Gardening Leave' is for??

(b) Probably
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 11:11]

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:12 - Feb 20 with 1264 viewsBluefish

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:05 - Feb 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

The release clause is being renegotiated? Where's that come from?
A renegotiation needs Lambert to say 'Yes'.

Eh? It is quite clear now that there is a performance related break option in the summer. Lambert needs to be in post to activate it and sack him cheaply. Of he is sacked before a full payout is needed. The position is untenable and Lambert is pushing for the pay off now, Evans wanted to wait for the cheap option and says he can sit it our and deny shambert a pay out. They have been at a standoff but have now finally gone to the table to agree a compromise
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 11:15]

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:12 - Feb 20 with 1258 viewsabracaDOBRA_

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:10 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

My fervent hope is that Evans is getting some watertight legal advice that will mean he can sack him for minimal outlay.

Thats my hope too. The fact that Phil's article pretty much said he''ll be gone in a few days must mean something is happening.

I mean he wouldn't say that if he wasn't sure of it.
If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:16 - Feb 20 with 1212 viewsBlueBadger

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:12 - Feb 20 by abracaDOBRA_

Thats my hope too. The fact that Phil's article pretty much said he''ll be gone in a few days must mean something is happening.

I mean he wouldn't say that if he wasn't sure of it.

Given that This Is Ipswich Town, we will probably fluke a win somehow and Lambert will convince Evans to keep him on till next season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:16 - Feb 20 with 1207 viewsBluefish

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:10 - Feb 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

(b) Probably

Putting him on gardening leave now could leave the clause null and void because he wasn't in position to change the result today

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:16 - Feb 20 with 1212 viewsFixed_It

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:10 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

Lambert has begged him for the opportunity to storm out of the post-match presser like Mick did. Evans has agreed as long as Lambert waives his compensation. All agreed amicably. Duff info.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:20 - Feb 20 with 1189 viewsjayessess

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:10 - Feb 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

(b) Probably

Gardening Leave is a way of seeing out notice period after an employee has resigned/has a set date for termination of employment. Putting an employee on gardening leave without their consent can be construed as constructive dismissal.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If he's going, why's he still in charge today? (n/t) on 11:24 - Feb 20 with 1161 viewsbilllm

Talks, contract extension?,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024