Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I’d try a wing back system today... 13:16 - Feb 20 with 685 viewspointofblue

Holy - Woolfenden, Chambers, McGuinness - Matheson, Kenlock, Nolan, Bishop, Judge - Jackson, Norwood

Subs: Cornell, Ward, Huws, Dozzell, Thomas, Drinan, Parrott

I don’t think 4-4-2 would work for us as we’d be too lightweight in midfield so 3-5-2 or a variation thereof might be the way forward. Would it work? No idea, but it’s clear 4-3-3 isn’t fit for purpose in it’s current guise and we need to try something different,

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:20 - Feb 20 with 653 viewsHerbivore

We were largely hopeless with three at the back last season even with having Garbutt as a natural wing back. Our CBs don't suit it, imo. We have no left sider and the CBs are all genuine CBs, not the kind of flexible CBs that can play full back or even centre mid, which is what you tend to find with sides that play three at the back genuinely effectively.

For all that we have a massive squad, I don't think we're obviously suited to a particular formation. That's a criminal failing really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:21 - Feb 20 with 638 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert will probably try it with Chambers and Ward as the wing backs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:25 - Feb 20 with 617 viewspointofblue

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:20 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

We were largely hopeless with three at the back last season even with having Garbutt as a natural wing back. Our CBs don't suit it, imo. We have no left sider and the CBs are all genuine CBs, not the kind of flexible CBs that can play full back or even centre mid, which is what you tend to find with sides that play three at the back genuinely effectively.

For all that we have a massive squad, I don't think we're obviously suited to a particular formation. That's a criminal failing really.

It is because we really need to have two up top yet have very little in way of strength in midfield to do anything but play three there, so that leaves us either weak at the back or up front. If we were going to bring in loanees we should have brought in players to supplement what we had rather than more of the same.

We have what we have, though, so we need to somehow make it work until the end of the season. I know it’s been said for the last two years but maybe another manager would get more out of the squad.

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:26 - Feb 20 with 613 viewsgordon

If we try wing-backs Lambo would definitely do it with Chambers and Ward.
I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:26 - Feb 20 with 614 viewsunstableblue

I’m loving the commitment to discussing the game and tactics, and if we’d carried the good work of Blackpool into posh and Northampton I might join you.... but that Northampton player performance has knocked my blue goggles lunacy somewhat!!

Anyway here goes;

Nolan won’t start, might not even make bench.

Oxford pass well, and I think play with some width.

Someone needs to replicate Downes role.. Dozzell go deeper

Kenlock and matheson can defend and go forward; Chambo just gets skinned so stick with expected back 4; play judge as number 8 and find a way to get parrot and Norwood linking

I have this weird feeling we’re going to put in performance and extend the demise

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:38 - Feb 20 with 573 viewsHerbivore

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:25 - Feb 20 by pointofblue

It is because we really need to have two up top yet have very little in way of strength in midfield to do anything but play three there, so that leaves us either weak at the back or up front. If we were going to bring in loanees we should have brought in players to supplement what we had rather than more of the same.

We have what we have, though, so we need to somehow make it work until the end of the season. I know it’s been said for the last two years but maybe another manager would get more out of the squad.

I do think 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 suits our players best but we just don't play it right and that's on the manager. The forward players don't really play as forward players with how Lambert sets them up and that leaves us essentially playing an isolated striker. But that's really a failing of the manager and his coaching and tactics rather than being down to the system. And we're equally ineffective when we play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 as well for similar reasons, but also that I think both of those formations don't really suit the players we have.

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:44 - Feb 20 with 541 viewsgordon

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:26 - Feb 20 by unstableblue

I’m loving the commitment to discussing the game and tactics, and if we’d carried the good work of Blackpool into posh and Northampton I might join you.... but that Northampton player performance has knocked my blue goggles lunacy somewhat!!

Anyway here goes;

Kenlock and matheson can defend and go forward; Chambo just gets skinned so stick with expected back 4; play judge as number 8 and find a way to get parrot and Norwood linking

I have this weird feeling we’re going to put in performance and extend the demise

Nahh pretty confident we'll get spanked today.
I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:46 - Feb 20 with 527 viewspointofblue

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:26 - Feb 20 by unstableblue

Anyway here goes;

I highly doubt Nolan or Jackson will even be at the ground to be honest! Unfortunately he’s our only player who might have a chance of even replicating the Downes role which means we are going to be horrifically light in the middle. Even if we go with a back four I’d still replace McGuinness with Chambers and get some experience in there.

Login to get fewer ads

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 14:04 - Feb 20 with 461 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd try bribing Oxford. Or if that didn't work, filling their water bottles with triple strength laxatives.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 14:22 - Feb 20 with 428 viewschrismakin

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 13:21 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

Lambert will probably try it with Chambers and Ward as the wing backs.

close lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 14:30 - Feb 20 with 402 viewsHerbivore

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 14:22 - Feb 20 by chrismakin

close lol

Is it? Ward is on the bench and Chambers isn't playing as a wing back?

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 14:39 - Feb 20 with 392 viewschrismakin

I think I’d try a wing back system today... on 14:30 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Is it? Ward is on the bench and Chambers isn't playing as a wing back?

Well no no ward. But maybe lambert will go 3 5 2.
The lineup itself is random.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024