Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Draws are not good enough.... 17:02 - Feb 20 with 599 viewsDublinBlue84

It's a poor result in the scheme of things today, because of the other results we've had in recent weeks, even if in isolation it is not a bad result.

We need wins, not draws, we're a position lower tonight than before earlier and now a further 2 points off the pace.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:04 - Feb 20 with 558 viewsSteve_M

It's all irrelevant anyway until Lambert goes but the result needs to be seen in the context of the last two matches and, given how many were predicting a heavy defeat, it's a decent point.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:06 - Feb 20 with 506 viewsnoggin

I thought it was another poor performance. Ok, it was better than Tuesday but the bar was very low.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:08 - Feb 20 with 486 viewsHerbivore

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:04 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

It's all irrelevant anyway until Lambert goes but the result needs to be seen in the context of the last two matches and, given how many were predicting a heavy defeat, it's a decent point.

In some ways it adds to my frustration. We've made 7 changes and put out something of a makeshift side, missing arguably our best midfielder in Downes. Morale must be really low. And yet despite all of that we're good enough to match the form side in the league.

For me it highlights two things: that this league is pish for Oxford to be able to go on the kind of run they've gone on, and that we have ridiculous quality and depth in this squad relative to this level of football. What a waste these last two years have been under Lambert.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:09 - Feb 20 with 466 viewsjayessess

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:04 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

Given that we need 2 points a game to make the play-offs, I'd say drawing at home to the side in 8th probably isn't a terribly valuable point.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:10 - Feb 20 with 441 viewsSteve_M

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:08 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

In some ways it adds to my frustration. We've made 7 changes and put out something of a makeshift side, missing arguably our best midfielder in Downes. Morale must be really low. And yet despite all of that we're good enough to match the form side in the league.

For me it highlights two things: that this league is pish for Oxford to be able to go on the kind of run they've gone on, and that we have ridiculous quality and depth in this squad relative to this level of football. What a waste these last two years have been under Lambert.

Yep, for this side to have achieved so little over the last four months (we didn't even play for a month in there) is a damning indictment of Lambert's management. We should have been able to bring Jackson on to go for the win late on too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:11 - Feb 20 with 430 viewstractorlad01

Definitely not good enough. Oxford have only picked up because they’ve had a very easy run of games.
Draws are not good enough.... on 17:12 - Feb 20 with 407 viewsChurchman

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:08 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

No goals in the team or the squad. As good old Joe Royle once said, you are as good as your forwards. It’s so sad that we are in such a desperate mess.
Draws are not good enough.... on 17:13 - Feb 20 with 392 viewsHerbivore

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:12 - Feb 20 by Churchman

No goals in the team or the squad. As good old Joe Royle once said, you are as good as your forwards. It’s so sad that we are in such a desperate mess.

The lack of goals is because we don't create chances. Norwood and Jackson both have goals in them at this level, but we create virtually nothing.

Login to get fewer ads

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:14 - Feb 20 with 380 viewsSwansea_Blue

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:09 - Feb 20 by jayessess

Given that we need 2 points a game to make the play-offs, I'd say drawing at home to the side in 8th probably isn't a terribly valuable point.

It's probably about as good as we can expect though, sadly. Talk of us averaging 2 points a game or more over the rest of the season is wishful thinking, to say the least.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:15 - Feb 20 with 364 viewsHerbivore

Draws are not good enough.... on 17:14 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

It's probably about as good as we can expect though, sadly. Talk of us averaging 2 points a game or more over the rest of the season is wishful thinking, to say the least.

I think with a competent manager it's actually quite feasible. This league is crap. Really crap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024